Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Time to go, are your ready? A thread for the Prep Folk

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    I've seen different businesses try to offer assembled kits. Honestly, nobody is going to want to pay what a good kit would cost, and people are going to have different ideas on what a kit should contain so your never going to be able to sell an assembled kit that is any good.

You might sell kits with single use stuff. The low cost will appease some people's need to prepare.

Expried Business Member
    Before I sign off for the night thought I would share.

1) This is my 72 hour bag, it is a Camelbak BFM. Comes with a 3 Litre water bag. I am very impressed with how much room it has and how light weight it is. I have a rush 72 to compare it to and the camelbak is wayyyyy lighter. I also like that it is not super tactical looking

2) This is my get home bag. It is a Triple Ought Design Axiom 24 in Black Multicam. This back is extremely well built. Not to big, not to small. Found it just right for what I needed.

Other cool news is we just places our first order with Tasmanian Tiger today. Their stuff is a bit on the pricey end but I may run a promo code in this thread to cut everyone a break.

Thoughts?

Also you can check out our growing bag section HERE

-Matt

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BabySeal View Post
    I've seen different businesses try to offer assembled kits. Honestly, nobody is going to want to pay what a good kit would cost, and people are going to have different ideas on what a kit should contain so your never going to be able to sell an assembled kit that is any good.

You might sell kits with single use stuff. The low cost will appease some people's need to prepare.
    Yea, when I told my coworkers what I have invested (granted im known to go of the deep end) they where shocked. Easily 1k+ per bag of quality stuff

CGN Regular
    Finding ifak components (d-needles, frog tape, celox, etc) is not that easy in Canada.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wallenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    Yup, gardens have exploded in our neck of the woods. Seems everyone is doing it now

-Matt
    Rely on yourself and not on others.

No one is as reliable as your own well disciplined self.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    Nice choice on bags. I can see you aren't carrying a lot of extra stuff.

How will you refill that 3L bladder.

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BabySeal View Post
    Nice choice on bags. I can see you aren't carrying a lot of extra stuff.

How will you refill that 3L bladder.
    Well seeing as the bag is meant for 72 hours 3 litres is a lot. What is in the bag will be for the weekend including water purification.

-Matt

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershwin View Post
    Finding ifak components (d-needles, frog tape, celox, etc) is not that easy in Canada.
    Of all the things a first aid kit should treat, a tension pneumothorax ain't the first thing that springs to mind - and remember, you'll still need to get to a hospital for a chest tube - but you do you. Don't forget matching syringes and saline to flush your needle when (not if) it gets clogged. Also, have spares because sometimes you'll need more than one. 10ga and 14ga needles can be ordered from Amazon or even Tractor Supply

Frog tape is high-speed low-drag 3M Durapore. Found by the palletful in every hospital, medical and veterinary office in this country. Be nice to your vet and she'll probably give you a roll for free.

Celox is useful but you're going to pay a #### ton more for brandname. Google "chitosan acetate". Its available.

Your IFAK seems more like a trauma kit. Hemostats, bandages and tourniquets have more uses and do everything a clotting agent would do - not as well, but much more versatile.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    Celox Rapid Z folded gauze, North American Rescue Hyfin Vent Chest Seal, Medical shears, Israel bandage, CAT7 tourniquet are a few that come to mind.
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.

BANNED
    Again, are you bugging out in Canada or Syria?

A sucking chest wound is relatively low on the likelihood of expected threats...and if its gotten *that* bad, you're not getting to a hospital anyway