Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: Firearms reform rumored release this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Patt08 View Post
    Another undemocratic move by the liberals. But their supporters will keep voting them in as long as the liberals continue giving them handouts. Liberal Canadians love their money for nothing and being looked after.
    Amen

Liberals had a window of 14 days from the wacko shooting in NS, after that time frame momentum is lost to other events, during a time of grief, virus and house doing the video stuff he is a real dick pushing firearm stuff thro
    You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something. --Stephen Adams

'Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.' --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by seamus View Post
    This has me wondering. Just say I buy an AR and then sell the upper, am I supposed to inform the CFP? Or when I buy a lower and build it into a rifle? New AR owner here, unsure of those hypothetical scenarios.
    As I undertand things, and I could be wrong, if you convert your registered lower into a functioning firearm, you have 30 days to notify the RCMPs that the registration needs to change from lower only to an actual firearm..... but it's not the same if you convert a functioning firearm into a lower... if you sell alll of your AR's part (except for the lower of course), then you don't need to tell them anything.
    Accuracy is a matter of time and money. How much do you want to spend?
    Coyotes outpace roadrunners by 23 mph. They do not outpace a 223 Remington, however.

What ever happened to the petition? wasn't there supposed to be a response from government?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by seamus View Post
    This has me wondering. Just say I buy an AR and then sell the upper, am I supposed to inform the CFP? Or when I buy a lower and build it into a rifle? New AR owner here, unsure of those hypothetical scenarios.
    30 days when the barrel length changes.

But once I remove my uppers, they're no longer complete rifles, so I've never hit 30 days. As well multiple lowers + uppers means I don't want to risk having it registered as a longer length when tossing shorter uppers on it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Undergiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Icelvlan View Post
    What ever happened to the petition? wasn't there supposed to be a response from government?
    UCP member
    CPC member

I thought there was supposed to be an official response when it exceeded a certain size

CGN Regular
    I heard that it hasn't been presented yet. I dunno.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    Anyone else notice that all these rifles have fixed charging handles? Easily converted to FA by the old shoelace trick is my guess.
    So all SA SG are going to be banned as well.
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Undergiver View Post
    We can all marry a native women and live on the reservation. After what happened at the beginning of the year you wont see any RCMP near a reservation to confiscate firearms legal or not.
    I'm just fine with identifying as native. According to everyone around me, I'm already on traditional territory of the Giveawhoop First Nation.