Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Refunds

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Your understanding is not correct. Technically, a sale is done when the buyer takes possession of the good or service. In case of a sale from a distance (online sale or phone sale), the sale is deemed complete when the product is shipped. Technically, this happens when the courrier takes the packages. So even a receiver fully packaged with a shipping label on the box shouldn't be sent unless the courrier picked it up before the GiC order was published in the gazette. There might be some wiggle room as far as what's the exact time of shipping, like when the courrier picked it up vs when the label was created, but we're talking about a few hours difference here, definitely not anything like "stores can sell their inventory".

There is a provision to allow stores to send their inventory back to the manufacturer, so I guess most of these receiver sets (and complete rifles) will go back to STAG.
    So why are transfers before May still being completed, if that was the case they all would be cancelled

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MartyK2500's Avatar
    I have dealt with you guys many times,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you guys specifically,
    As being an AR exclusive shop, this new law is especially hard to swallow.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Evanguy's Avatar
    I believe you are allowed to ship it to them if its been paid for.

It says in the gazette that you must return the rifle to owner as fast as possible apon the oic comming into effect.

So if its paid for. Its theirs, you could ship it

Edit, i see this has been covered. Thats what happens when you only read the first 2 pagss lol. Oops, never mind

Well done Gentlemen!!

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Your understanding is not correct. Technically, a sale is done when the buyer takes possession of the good or service. In case of a sale from a distance (online sale or phone sale), the sale is deemed complete when the product is shipped. Technically, this happens when the courrier takes the packages. So even a receiver fully packaged with a shipping label on the box shouldn't be sent unless the courrier picked it up before the GiC order was published in the gazette. There might be some wiggle room as far as what's the exact time of shipping, like when the courrier picked it up vs when the label was created, but we're talking about a few hours difference here, definitely not anything like "stores can sell their inventory".

There is a provision to allow stores to send their inventory back to the manufacturer, so I guess most of these receiver sets (and complete rifles) will go back to STAG.
    Careful making statements on the legalities if you are not 100% sure that following your logic will not incur legal problems for those that may follow it. I know you mean well and are staying what you believe to be common sense, but logic vs LE interpretation should cause pause to stating what we believe is fact vs what we know is fact.
    Planning on living forever. So far, so good!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Steve140's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikka223 View Post
    I recently purchased a Stag 10. Maybe I sold it already, maybe I didn’t.

The OIC confuses me. The Stag 10 is non-restricted because the RCMP lab determined it is not an AR10. The OIC now lists it as an AR10 varient. How can this be?
    Because it looks like an AR10. Yes, they went through a catalogue and if it looks scary: Banned. My Stag 10 was so upset it ran away a few days ago, possibly heading towards Canmore.
    Let’s Go Brandon! FJB

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikka223 View Post
    I recently purchased a Stag 10. Maybe I sold it already, maybe I didn’t.

The OIC confuses me. The Stag 10 is non-restricted because the RCMP lab determined it is not an AR10. The OIC now lists it as an AR10 varient. How can this be?
    x2...
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

I guess I shouldn't have dragged my ass buying a Stag-10. Damn.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evanguy View Post
    I believe you are allowed to ship it to them if its been paid for.

It says in the gazette that you must return the rifle to owner as fast as possible apon the oic comming into effect.

So if its paid for. Its theirs, you could ship it

Edit, i see this has been covered. Thats what happens when you only read the first 2 pagss lol. Oops, never mind
    and what if you haven't paid for it? what if you only put a deposit on it?
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234