Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Refunds

Hey Arms East can you do us all a favour and burn your Stag 10 sales records?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by WASNTME View Post
    Hey Arms East can you do us all a favour and burn your Stag 10 sales records?
    That won’t matter. You can sell them to anyone you want at any time. Just like I sold mine to mike from Canmore...

Quote Originally Posted by Armed Hippie View Post
    Does anyone know the status of semi’s that haven’t (yet) been included in the ban? Can we still take them out for a pop? Sorry I’m posting this question here... it’s just I don’t want to draw attention to unbanned semi’s.
    You've answered your own question with the word 'haven't'.

They are not banned, go have some fun.
    CSSA Lifetime member
    CCFR Member

I finished my maccabee build Yesterday. I was going to order a stag10 set today but guess that hope is dashed. What if the deal for a receiver set was made yesterday. Wouldnt the new owner have to take posession?

CGN Regular
    Can I buy a Geissele Trigger Group ... with no issues...? ....Thanks.

why can't you ship orders out? the OIC clearly says guns can be returned to owners.

are you saying all orders before the ban are being canceled? or only the preorders that you never had in stock?

"Individuals may transport the firearms one time to return home with the firearm if it was not at the owner’s residence at the time the prohibition came into force, or, if not the owner and in possession of the firearm on the day the prohibition came into force, return the firearm to its
    owner."
    Last edited by scott; 05-02-2020 at 04:14 AM.

Scott, I presume that this is specific to those firearms that have not yet arrived in Canada, and are thus banned from entry. The current batch of Stag 10 complete rifles were listed as a pre-order.

My understanding of the ruling is that if it's in stock and you bought it before the prohibition came into effect, they should still be able to ship it (receiver sets, for example, that are physically in stock).

Parts and magazines are all exempt and should continue shipping as per norm.

Bradley
    If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
    LaRue STEALTH Crusader - Gen4 G34
    LARUEMINATI
    tap, rack, click...?

To me the post sounds like guns they have not already shipped to customers can no longer be shipped. Ie they can not ship a prohib firearm. So just clarifying.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by PaveHammer View Post
    Scott, I presume that this is specific to those firearms that have not yet arrived in Canada, and are thus banned from entry. The current batch of Stag 10 complete rifles were listed as a pre-order.

My understanding of the ruling is that if it's in stock and you bought it before the prohibition came into effect, they should still be able to ship it (receiver sets, for example, that are physically in stock).

Parts and magazines are all exempt and should continue shipping as per norm.

Bradley
    Your understanding is not correct. Technically, a sale is done when the buyer takes possession of the good or service. In case of a sale from a distance (online sale or phone sale), the sale is deemed complete when the product is shipped. Technically, this happens when the courrier takes the packages. So even a receiver fully packaged with a shipping label on the box shouldn't be sent unless the courrier picked it up before the GiC order was published in the gazette. There might be some wiggle room as far as what's the exact time of shipping, like when the courrier picked it up vs when the label was created, but we're talking about a few hours difference here, definitely not anything like "stores can sell their inventory".

There is a provision to allow stores to send their inventory back to the manufacturer, so I guess most of these receiver sets (and complete rifles) will go back to STAG.

I recently purchased a Stag 10. Maybe I sold it already, maybe I didn’t.

The OIC confuses me. The Stag 10 is non-restricted because the RCMP lab determined it is not an AR10. The OIC now lists it as an AR10 varient. How can this be?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast