Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112

Thread: Official note from rcmp

Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack_Kerouac View Post
    I hope we have some allies within the Horse Gestapo who will throw a wrench in the gears wherever they can.
    Nope !

They get paid way too much to bite the hand that feeds them. Don’t fool yourself, they are not friends.

Quote Originally Posted by gvanzeggelaar View Post
    Lol. They will ‘deprioritize’. No they won’t. They will follow marching orders like the rest of them. People that will confiscate your property aren’t worthy of friendship.
    Your mileage may vary.

Do you know any actual Mounties? The morale there is rock-bottom. Every single one I know is looking for municipal force work. It's why tat organization is on a constant hiring campaign. When one of them tells me he'd put confiscations at the bottom of his honey-do list, I believe him.

What's the first thing anyone learns at any job? How to evade the hardest parts.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

Quote Originally Posted by DT741 View Post
    Nope !

They get paid way too much to bite the hand that feeds them. Don’t fool yourself, they are not friends.
    That's why RCMP retention is the pits. Members are jumping that sinking ship for work in provincial and municipal forces where the pay and conditions are better and you can actually remain in a community long enough to build a life.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    That's why RCMP retention is the pits. Members are jumping that sinking ship for work in provincial and municipal forces where the pay and conditions are better and you can actually remain in a community long enough to build a life.
    Postings are a deal breaker, the army has been bleeding lately for the same reason

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    Thanks for the info guys.

Important question : does this impact sales of internal components such a bolts, barrels or parts kit of the named firearms?

Youza.
    Good question. No it does not appear to affect sales of parts other than upper and lower receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post
    i would like more clarification on this part "Components and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited or Restricted (commonly referred to as the Classification Regulations)"

what do they mean by parts, accessories, magazines and ammo? are ar mags now prohibited too? how about stocks? what about .223 ammo? the press conference they held this morning was more about virtue signalling than it was about information
    That's just the name of the existing regulation that they modified. I don't believe any magazine rules were changed.

Quote Originally Posted by MlCE View Post
    Might as well ask, but are LAR-15 mags included in this boogaloo?
    No mention of those mags,
    but I noticed they made sure to prohibit all versions of the LAR-15 firearms themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by sethriedrobertson View Post
    Is the sks part of this? I’ve looked through the list twice and didn’t find it

I didn't see it there either. Betsy is safe for now

Quote Originally Posted by KanadianShooter View Post
    What happens to guns not yet approved by provincial CFO's?? Thanks

We are told by the CSAAA that transfers started on April 30 or earlier will probably be approved. The unknown is whether purchases made on April 30 or earlier, but transfers not initiated due to the RCMP system going offline Thursday evening, will be approved. We are going to make efforts to push these transfers through.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooteymcshooterson View Post
    So does anyone know if ar mags and the 223/5.56 rounds are banned? I have a brand new ruger american ar mag on it's way
    556 rounds and AR mags seem to be safe for now

Quote Originally Posted by taeish View Post
    Gl guys, you guys made your bone in ar... Hope it all works out well
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRocker View Post
    Does this include the NR AR-ish rifle platforms?
    A couple of AR-10-like guns like BCL102 and Stag 10 got listed even though they do not derive from the AR-15. Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Sidhuman View Post
    Hey True North,

I ordered something that's prohibited now. My credit card has been charged. Will I get refund for the money I paid?
    I just replied to you in another thread, if you have further questions let's talk by email
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

Quote Originally Posted by DT741 View Post
    Postings are a deal breaker, the army has been bleeding lately for the same reason
    What, you don't love Goose Bay?

i have RCMP friends that are also affected by this ban, as well as CBSA. to say all will fall in line is a bit of a generalization.

Quote Originally Posted by white_knight View Post
    i have RCMP friends that are also affected by this ban, as well as CBSA. to say all will fall in line is a bit of a generalization.
    History has more than proven it. 90's. OIC's. Then High River.
    Keep fighting the good fight!
    CCFR-CSSA-NFA. 12(2), 12(3), 12(4), 12(6.1), 12(7)..... <What???? Okay! Okay I'm dreaming. I'll probably NEVER get to join the PROHIB club.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112