Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415

Thread: Prohibition on assault-style firearms

Agree Taylorbok, I'd love to see it too. I'd love to see the exact ruling on this, plus the list of what's going to be considered non-restricted now

About 7345 fps. roughly. This is aimed at owners of .50 caliber rifles like the Barrett.
    " ..to determine the combined effects of the May 01 2020 OIC and the Registrar's letter, which, as can be seen, is a task which continues to perplex many of us, Including the Attorney-General."
    CSSA & CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by cycoblade View Post
    Ok so 10000 joules is a 50bmg.
    When exactly was the last crime commited in Canada with a .50 BMG rifle?
    Never, lol. But the anti-gun lobby think it's possible to casually walk around a 40lb+ weapon and shooting innocent people, regardless of the recoil and blast....

They probably saw that somewhere in a movie
    Gun control means using both hands

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    That'd be 7375.621 foot-lbs, not feet per second.
    That would include .460 Weatherby, .600 Nitro Express, .408 Cheyenne Tactical, 7.92x107, .416 Barrett, .700 Nitro Express, 12.7x108, .50 BMG, 14.5x114 and .950 JDJ, among others. Shotguns above 10GA are also banned by bore diameter.

So, if you have a 150,000 dollar Holland & Holland double rifle made for elephant hunting, you're SOL.
    I strongly doubt that vast majority, if not all the aforementioned rifle rounds, have ever been shot in anger in Canada.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

CGN Regular
    this is only the start.

as mentioned previously;

pistols will be next
    ...then the remaining semi-autos (regardless of caliber/configuration).
    ...then a further crack-down on magazine length(turd already mentioned this last week).
    ...then a crack-down on ammunition sales (turd already mentioned this last week).

The universal liberal agenda, regardless of country, is complete disarmament of society.

.50 cals weren't a surprise to those that pick up on the little (usually) unnoticed talking points and word slips over the past 3-4 years.. I've heard members of the liberal party talk about their horror that civilians in Canada can own a rifle "powerful enough to shoot down helicopters" (yes, those words were used). The 10000 joules nonsense is just a way to ensure that everyone that owned a 50, doesn't just get a 408, 416, 375, etc.. chopper pilots can now sleep easier tonight.

Probably lots of you forget that in the first iteration of the liberal gun grab in the late 90's, RELOADING was in their sites.. yup, the leftist deplorables were going to try and stop people from reloading ammunition.

This attack on modern semi-auto sporting rifles is just the start (I refuse to call them 'assault rifles' as the liberals would like you to).

delete
    Last edited by DuctapedGopher; 05-04-2020 at 07:10 PM. Reason: incorrect statement made

delete

CGN Regular
    Looking at the list, it has Mossberg MMR tactical and MMR hunter on it but not MMR Carbine. So does that mean I can buy, transfer and shoot a MMR Carbine? Is this how crazy this list is?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by snogoer007 View Post
    About 7345 fps. roughly. This is aimed at owners of .50 caliber rifles like the Barrett.
    Ok so 10000 joules is a 50bmg.
    When exactly was the last crime commited in Canada with a .50 BMG rifle?
    10000 joules is just a starting point.
    They will shrink this number down to 200 joules for 22LR. Then, down to ZERO joules. Then sling shots will be prohibited too...