Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: It is a very sad day in the firearms community.

Thanks guys!
    CPC,CCFR,CSSA My freedom is not for sale

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Another cowardly act by the unhinged minority Liberal government, who was able to ram through changes in firearms legislation in an unprecedented manner.

What is even more absurd is the exemption that was given to the aboriginal people. Seriously, most illegal firearms from the U.S pass through 5 of the reserves located on the U.S/Canadian border.

I know this to be factual as I have had multiple conversations with the RCMP, CBP and CBSA regarding this issue.

Yet the Canadian government gives a pass. Why, is it to ensure the continuation of illegal arms into Canada or is it maybe because the indigenous are better organized and stand up for what they believe in.

Either way I think that question should be asked to the Prime Minister by the Conservatives in the house of Commons.

By the Liberals not addressing the real issue and expecting a different outcome is naive and a serious cause for concern.

Please follow along with me as I explain.

There is a process that needs to be followed for the betterment of the people, when the Government bypasses those policies you have tyranny. Please remember the Liberals are a minority Government.

The key word is minority, they do not have the support of the people.

No minority Government should ever have the power to enact these types of changes without following do process. There is a reason why we have checks and balances.

This executive fiat sets the stage for a communist regime it also opens a door that no one should want to go through.

To expand on this, May 1, 2020 there were serious changes to the Canadian firearms act.

This cowardly act by the Liberals was made official at 2pm MST on Friday afternoon during a pandemic while the Government and the judicial system was officially closed.

The Liberal Government punished the law-abiding firearms owner and it has clearly put tens of thousands of people in harms way.

On one hand the firearms community is considered essential in time of crisis like the first responders and truck drivers. Yet when there is the opportunity for political gain the gloves come off.

According to Tracy at the CCFR there are 4500 businesses directly effected and roughly 40000 plus people effected by these horrific changes and probably three times that in related and spin off industries..

Every Canadian should be gravely concerned about what took place on May 1, 2020.

Here is why…

If this goes unchallenged it has set the groundwork for the government to go after anything and everything.

Where will it stop?

Always think the worst… common sense would dictate.

If they are successful, the OIC (Order in Council) can be used to further decimate society as we know it.

1. Put an end to the oil industry or any industry that does not meet the liberal’s political agenda. Point and case.

2. It can be used to regulate social media, or worse govern content. Could you imagine, no one would have any idea of what is actually going on in the world. I can further substantiate this is already taking place as our U.S office has access to information and different search results then our Canadian office.

3. They could change the Miranda rights or your legal rights as an individual.

4. Property rights, forfeitures and seizures.

5. Increased taxes and levies, things like the carbon tax are a perfect example.

6. The misappropriation of our tax dollars to worthless causes like the 50 million given to Master Card or the 10 million that was given to Omar Khadr who threw a grenade that killed U.S. Army Sgt. Christopher Speer in 2002,

These are all examples, but they are very real issues and cause for great concern.

We all need to take the time and unite. Otherwise, everything we have come to know or take comfort in will be gone.

Our .02

The IRUNGUNS Team
    We need to stop pretending to be lawyers on CGN... Orders in Council have very specific and proscribed uses - in this case to amend regulations of the Firearms Act, but not amend the legislation itself. OIC can’t be used to put and end to an industry or to eliminate charter rights (what you are incorrectly referring to as Miranda rights - thats a US term...) or anything else you’ve listed. Let’s try to keep the debate anchored in the real world...
    Last edited by Greazyjungle; 05-03-2020 at 07:04 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Vimy Ridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    84(1), no firearm prescribed to be a non restricted firearm can be considered to be a prohibited firearm or a restricted firearm, and that no firearm prescribed to be a restricted firearm can be considered to be a prohibited firearm."
    Of the banned firearms in the OIC, the AR15 is specifically prescribed as a restricted firearm, therefore legislation should be required to change its status to prohibited. If the OIC doesn't amend the existing legislation, then only additional legislation can do that. In this case, the existing legislation should trump the OIC.
    Last edited by Vimy Ridge; 05-03-2020 at 05:57 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Greazyjungle View Post
    We need to stop pretending to be lawyers on CGN... Orders in Council have very specific and proscribed uses - in this case to amend regulations of the Firearms Act, but amend the legislation itself. OIC can’t be used to put and end to an industry or to eliminate charter rights (what you are incorrectly referring to as Miranda rights - thats a US term...) or anything else you’ve listed. Let’s try to keep the debate anchored in the real world...
    OK thanks Perry Mason

Dark days ahead my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRocker View Post
    We need to unite. We need to protest. We need to tell the rest of Canada the truth.

How do we all get together? Are there people on here starting groups? I want to know how to help and be involved.
    Go check out my post in general firearms form or in c71 action form I have started putting together a plan for Canada wide protest

CGN Regular
    Only if you roll over and play dead, and if you do that you might as well move to China. This is more than banning 1500 rifles with the stroke of a pen, this is an attack on democracy in YOUR home country. A supposed Canadian (Trudeau) took away certain rights from you with a pen stroke to show you he can and will do it. He didnt do it to make you or me or anyone safer as there are still plenty of guns out there that are NR, and plenty of other ways evil people can do evil things. This was an outright “#### you” to Canadians from a pretentious pompious little weasel to show you who is boss. I think the word for this is “dictatorship”. I for one want my children to grow up in a democracy and will not sit by as this weasel attempts to destroy it to satisfy his ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimy Ridge View Post
    Of the banned firearms in the OIC, the AR15 is specifically prescribed as a restricted firearm, therefore legislation should be required to change its status to prohibited. If the OIC doesn't amend the existing legislation, then only additional legislation can do that. In this case, the existing legislation should trump the OIC.
    Firearms are “prescribed” by the regulations and the OIC amends the regulations...once amended it falls into the new category - so prescribed by the Gov. In Council (in this case, the cabinet).

All that original edited quote from Sec 84 means is that a firearms can’t be classified in two categories at the same time...

I wonder if the United States is taking refugees right now?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bogusiii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vimy Ridge View Post
    If glitches like this are overlooked and don't render the OIC invalid (or at least the parts where there are errors) because they simply are ignored or they say "c'mon, you know what we meant and most people are in favour of it" then we truly are screwed. This is why we need to fund a line by line review by a competent law firm.