Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: It is a very sad day in the firearms community.

Quote Originally Posted by HotelWhiskeyMike View Post
    Sad day indeed.

I never posted before, but this has spurred me.

I’m a service member, have deployed on behalf of this nation, responded to domestic disaster, trained countless numbers of new recruits, moved to places I don’t want to and seen less of my family in the past 8 years than I have my uniform. I signed up for that and it is my choice, my duty. My role as a service member particularly requires me to be proficient in carbine and pistol beyond the majority of the military. I take my job seriously, as those to my left or right, deserve someone who is proficient as well as professional.

Part of being proficient is shooting on my own time. I know I could sit at home and read my kids a story, play Xbox etc. But I signed up for something bigger than me, and as such, you would have found me at the range in the rain today. Nope. I’m doing two-a-day workouts in quarantine. I’m taking hits to my mental health because the nation that trusts me with protecting its highest officials and the nation writ-large, would rather me be less proficient at my job, less able for those to my left and right - only so that individuals without an understanding of firearms, can applaud themselves in rapturous delight at the guise of accomplishing something.

I come from a family of warfighters, and I know how badly this guts me. I can only imagine how deeply it cuts them. Better men and women than me never made it back. I can guarantee, that they would have felt the same scorn as we all do. Imagine being considered responsible enough to protect the govt on operations, but not enough to own a firearm. We took a major loss last week. A loss of weapons and a loss of essential freedoms. Maybe it falls in line as democratic, that doesn’t mean it wasn’t underhanded.

A tragic irony it is, that they just criminalized one who would turn himself inside out for the flag.

Well, at least morale can only go up from here (sarcasm noted I hope).

By the way, I’ve written every Con MP in commons. Very few have provided anything tangible as a response save of Pierre P, Bezan and a couple back benchers.

Out.

Great post.
    CCFR and CSSA Member, and Libertarian at Heart

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Maybe your Arizona branch can contact their local U.S. senator and file a dispute under NAFTA..WTO
    I would encourage everyone to print out the full 69 pages of the OIC
    And start highlighting sections

CGN Ultra frequent flyer J.Hancock's Avatar
    I say we all just move to Arizona and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=4][SIZE=2]Another cowardly act by the unhinged minority Liberal government, who was able to ram through changes in firearms legislation in an unprecedented manner.

What is even more absurd is the exemption that was given to the aboriginal people. Seriously, most illegal firearms from the U.S pass through 5 of the reserves located on the U.S/Canadian border.

I know this to be factual as I have had multiple conversations with the RCMP, CBP and CBSA regarding this issue.

Yet the Canadian government gives a pass. Why, is it to ensure the continuation of illegal arms into Canada
    Your claims are unfounded and outright derogatory. You’re supposed to be a pillar in our community yet you’re inciting division and racism on this forum.

Here’s my claim... I called the bad guys on those 5 reserves you mentioned and asked them if they knew that MOST of Canada’s illegal firearms come through their reserves, but they told me it wasn’t them it was you. They said IRUNGUNS funds most of the illegal smuggling of firearms into Canada. Doesn’t feel very good to be blamed for something like that does it?

Did you know that smuggling happens even off reserve? Did you know that some of the smuggling that happens on reserve might not even be initiated or funded by natives? Maybe show some real facts before you throw the Natives under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendX View Post
    Stand together?

With who?

The people who support the Liberals?

#### them.
    The best thing we can do is appeal to the democratic traditions which Liberal or non-Conservative people seem to uphold.
    Use socratic method to show that, no matter where they stand on the firearms issue, they're being hypocritical if they support a subversion of democracy.
    “I spent most of my dough on guns, gals, and gas, and the rest I wasted.”
    -me, with apologies to Elmore Leonard

We are not throwing anyone or any ethnicity under the bus, its factual and a known problem. if you worked within the confines of export reform and border security you would know its a serious issue. Just like human trafficking and drugs.... wake up.

Bad people come from all walks of life, it doesn't mean everyone is bad.

The IRUNGUNS Team

Quote Originally Posted by Shootin'Shaner View Post
    Your claims are unfounded and outright derogatory. You’re supposed to be a pillar in our community yet you’re inciting division and racism on this forum.

Here’s my claim... I called the bad guys on those 5 reserves you mentioned and asked them if they knew that MOST of Canada’s illegal firearms come through their reserves, but they told me it wasn’t them it was you. They said IRUNGUNS funds most of the illegal smuggling of firearms into Canada. Doesn’t feel very good to be blamed for something like that does it?

Did you know that smuggling happens even off reserve? Did you know that some of the smuggling that happens on reserve might not even be initiated or funded by natives? Maybe show some real facts before you throw the Natives under the bus.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Regular
    I hope this will finally cause Canadian gun owners to wake up. I hear from shooters every week who say "What do you ever need with a semi-auto?" and it makes me livid. We have been obedient colonials for much too long - the unfortunate by-product of never having to fight for our freedom. (We fought for the freedom of others.)

As a side question, what is the best organization to join in regards to political action? I need to start putting my money where my mouth is.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootin'Shaner View Post

They aren't claims, they are established facts. Everyone is welcome in our community no matter your race or culture, but why should First Nations be immune to criticism? Not every criticism of the reserve system or First Nations people is racism. Give your head a shake.

People should not be criticized for their ethnicity. Neither should they be protected from all criticisms. This garbage has been allowed by Canadians for far too long.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    They aren't claims, they are established facts. Everyone is welcome in our community no matter your race or culture, but why should First Nations be immune to criticism? Not every criticism of the reserve system or First Nations people is racism. Give your head a shake.

People should not be criticized for their ethnicity. Neither should they be protected from all criticisms. This garbage has been allowed by Canadians for far too long.
    Criticism based on fiction is racism. Sorry, but there are no statistics to show that most of the gun smuggling is coming through the reserves. All the talk on this site about how the new regs don't apply to indigenous people is untrue and also bad politics. We should be working with indigenous people to oppose the ban - not trying to scapegoat them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jonnyboy1014's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keisersoze View Post
    Only if you roll over and play dead, and if you do that you might as well move to China. This is more than banning 1500 rifles with the stroke of a pen, this is an attack on democracy in YOUR home country. A supposed Canadian (Trudeau) took away certain rights from you with a pen stroke to show you he can and will do it. He didnt do it to make you or me or anyone safer as there are still plenty of guns out there that are NR, and plenty of other ways evil people can do evil things. This was an outright “#### you” to Canadians from a pretentious pompious little weasel to show you who is boss. I think the word for this is “dictatorship”. I for one want my children to grow up in a democracy and will not sit by as this weasel attempts to destroy it to satisfy his ego.
    Well said, I don't bow down to dictators.
    BEWARE OF FOREIGN INFLUENCE
    A Vote For Trudeau Is A Vote For Communist China
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2353593-CSIS-documents-reveal-Chinese-strategy-to-influence-2021-election