Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AI AX - on list

so I will give a different perspective. I am retired LE. 31 years. My duties included firearms instruction, UOF instruction, armorer, supervisor of range and firearms training, firearms analysis and provide opinion evidence in court on firearms identification and verification. i'm not throwing that out as a reason to believe me or gloat. It's just to show I have a different perspective only. That said, the wording is what makes it difficult. Having sat through court arguments more than once, this part of the wording:

96 Any firearm capable of discharging a projectile with a muzzle energy greater than 10,000 joules — other than one referred to in item 12, 13, 14, 20, 22 or 30 of this Part or one designed exclusively for the purpose of neutralizing explosive devices — including the

is what makes it problematic. I think it was thrown in by accident as well as many of you. That said, I can see PWEU/TPS guns and Gangs causing some people grief. Including target rifle shooters for the RPA Quadlocks. I don't think people will getting visits from the police over an AI AX. I can see it being a problem though if there is a theft/domestic dispute/whatever reason causes the police to get involved and a rifle seized/reported stolen/found/whatever. Cops DO NOT KNOW OUR LAWS WELL. they are convoluted. I used to teach firearms law in our General Investigative Techniques courses and eyes would glaze over when you started talking about restricted/NR/Prohibited firearms and weapons with various bbl lengths/exemptions/calibers/etc. Cops will arrest, bring it back to the station, engage the SME's and "let the courts sort it out"....meanwhile, you have been arrested/charged and your house searched and firearms/ammo seized and 10-20,000.00 bucks later (lawyers are lovely) found guilty/not guilty/discharged or what ever. ALL OVER A MISTAKEN belief. It isn't right, it is what it is though.

I have seen a member of the PWEU charge someone with a high capacity magazine from a Lee Enfield no4! Thankfully the judge that heard that case was a shooter (now passed away) and he rightfully raked the officer over the coals for his ineptness. That officer is now a high ranking officer.

Boltgun
    1*

DISRUPTING OODA LOOPS FOR THE HECK OF IT

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jonnyboy1014's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post

BTW if you guys have a FGM-148 Javelin your probably going to have to turn them in.... cause you know..... safety.
    Was not aware we could even own those things.
    BEWARE OF FOREIGN INFLUENCE
    A Vote For Trudeau Is A Vote For Communist China
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2353593-CSIS-documents-reveal-Chinese-strategy-to-influence-2021-election

Someone posted this in another thread. This appears to confirm that the AX308 and AXMC are not effected by the OIC.

Further to my earlier post we will be taking steps to get the AI AX removed from the OIC. It matters little what the intent of the OIC is, it is how it is worded. The whole thing is a dam mess!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    So much for "we're not coming for your bolt actions".

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Further to my earlier post we will be taking steps to get the AI AX removed from the OIC. It matters little what the intent of the OIC is, it is how it is worded. The whole thing is a dam mess!
    Good man!
    Thank you Mr Wolverine & Team.
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12