Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 356789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Troy PAR, Pump Action Rifles, On The Way and PRESALE

Quote Originally Posted by rdavidson View Post
    how short of a barrrl can i add before it affects the pump action?

can i do 10.5 inch 300 blk barrel with a linear comp, all tucked nicely in the handguard?
    will a troy pdw stock work?

would be a real nice ranch rifle if it works
    I went with a 9” barrel the threads were slightly inside the pump mechanism and I had to shave a little off my linear comps diameter. 9.5” is the shortest you can go to be outside the pump mechanism.

WOW, so many questions from so many members! I have quite a bit if knowledge on the Troy PAR-15 and I have created a separate thread here:

AR-15 parts that will work with Troy PAR-15
    We shall pass this way on Earth but once, if there is any kindness we can show, or good act we can do, let us do it now, for we will never pass this way again - Stephen Grellet
    East Grey Hunters & Anglers Association (visit us at http://eghaa.ca)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albguy40 View Post
    This is how distributors shaft us... especially in a time like this... there is no “greater cause”... All the manufacturers/distributors care about are dollars. It leaves retailers with very little wiggle room when it comes to how much they can charge... they need to make money after all as it’s a business...

The distributors though should totally be ashamed of the games they play and the advantage they take of the current situation.
    Which is why give it some time and eventually the price will be much lower.

"What do you get for pretending the danger's not real?"
    - Sheep, Pink Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by Albguy40 View Post
    This is how distributors shaft us... especially in a time like this... there is no “greater cause”... All the manufacturers/distributors care about are dollars. It leaves retailers with very little wiggle room when it comes to how much they can charge... they need to make money after all as it’s a business...

The distributors though should totally be ashamed of the games they play and the advantage they take of the current situation.
    It’s a free market and retailers aren’t running charities. Keep in mind that they’ve lost lots of money in this too.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    It’s a free market and retailers aren’t running charities. Keep in mind that they’ve lost lots of money in this too.
    He’s not blaming retailers. The importers/distributors are the ones taking advantage. A few months ago you’d take an standard AR over a PAR any day, now that our selection is neutered funs like this are the next best thing, hence the price increase.

- Sheep, Pink Floyd

Well the other thing is, there's not much option ie caliber or PAR vs SAR, it's just this one style of PAR...and not only mark up, but your not eligible to use discount code either...this price tag seems a bit high for this...there still exists a number of NR semi auto options cheaper than this that are a better product...

Quote Originally Posted by PorkyPig View Post
    Well the other thing is, there's not much option ie caliber or PAR vs SAR, it's just this one style of PAR...and not only mark up, but your not eligible to use discount code either...this price tag seems a bit high for this...there still exists a number of NR semi auto options cheaper than this that are a better product...
    Many people will argue that some of those NR semi autos will be next. We’ve all read that line in the OIC about adding more models. The PAR and SAR could very well go the same way if the Liberals keep making firearms law/OIC amendments. Let’s face it, they already proved that its not about getting “deadly” firearms off the streets, its about getting “scary” guns off the market. Imagine the feeling of forking out just over $2k for this neutered gun, only to have it banned down the road.

- Sheep, Pink Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by squidxm View Post
    Many people will argue that some of those NR semi autos will be next. We’ve all read that line in the OIC about adding more models. The PAR and SAR could very well go the same way if the Liberals keep making firearms law/OIC amendments. Let’s face it, they already proved that its not about getting “deadly” firearms off the streets, its about getting “scary” guns off the market. Imagine the feeling of forking out just over $2k for this neutered gun, only to have it banned down the road.
    Your right. I could see anything and everything ending up banned. The lunatics are running the asylum now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_1982's Avatar
    Nutfancy liked these, so I’ll see what happens when they come in!
    CSSA and CCFR member

Do they have a fluted chamber?