Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3040424344454647484950515253545556575860 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it really worth shopping at this store? TENDA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I ordered a rifle on April 2nd. Waited 2 days to make sure the order won't get cancelled, then ordered accessories for that rifle at another site sponsor since Tenda did not have those in stock. 5 days later got my UPS tracking number, next day order shows completed. THEN yesterday evening got an email "Out of stock, but you can order a more expensive rifle we have in stock", that's 6 days after I placed my order. Of course the money was taken out of my credit card and I am left with accessories I don't need. Now tell me what to think?

Yeah, that's not good. It is weird that they generated a UPS tracking number though. Typically people do that once the package is ready in order to affix it to the package. Which means that there should be a package to which to affix the UPS label. It's weird if there wasn't a corresponding box, since at least with Fedex, when I generate a label, that is based on the measurements and weight of the box which are mandatory fields (not to mention the address), all of which should be on the label. The only reason why this may happen is if they found out your gun was actually sold to someone else before you (I don't know, but just trying to understand what could precipitate the cancelling of a manually generated label for a package ready to go) and so they had to cancel the shipment to you as a result. OR...someone bought a rifle in store, that was slated for an online purchase. Regardless, they may need a better checks and balance process for handling online orders.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    I ordered a rifle on April 2nd. Waited 2 days to make sure the order won't get cancelled, then ordered accessories for that rifle at another site sponsor since Tenda did not have those in stock. 5 days later got my UPS tracking number, next day order shows completed. THEN yesterday evening got an email "Out of stock, but you can order a more expensive rifle we have in stock", that's 6 days after I placed my order. Of course the money was taken out of my credit card and I am left with accessories I don't need. Now tell me what to think?
    Now, please check to see if it's still in stock - this is what ticks me off. After my item didn't arrive (with the other items I had ordered), I checked and they still had them listed on their site as in stock even when they told me they didn't have any. They then informed me that they would ship when they were restocked. How many others ordered that item thinking that it was in stock still???? As soon as you give them the CC, it's processed.....

We need a Category for "0" rated Chronic Complainers who snub our Suppliers !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    No, I don't think it's a cultural issue at all. One of Tenda's competitors, which also happen to be one of this site's sponsors, is also predominantly Asian-run, and that store has nothing but glowing reviews, both here and on Google reviews.
    I don't really see Asian's as a monolithic group in Canada, but your right it's not limited to one race.... and multi generation Canadians from where ever can be bad at customer service, not everyone is cut out for it.... that said it's hard to resist cheap prices, which might be part of the problem today.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by win22 View Post
    We need a Category for "0" rated Chronic Complainers who snub our Suppliers !
    Hey dude, read my story. I paid last week over $800 on my credit card, my statement was yesterday, so basically I have to carry over $800 for over one month on my credit card FOR TENDA.

Just as an example, I ordered from Marstar, they made a VERY small mistake and you know what? They gave me a magazine worth $50 for free. Looking at all the orders I placed with Tenda over the last 6 months, they can happily have everything back and I would be very happy.

And this is not racism, my wife is Asian too and I lived in Asia for quite a few years.
    Last edited by scianna54; 04-09-2021 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    I don't really see Asian's as a monolithic group in Canada, but your right it's not limited to one race.... and multi generation Canadians from where ever can be bad at customer service, not everyone is cut out for it.... that said it's hard to resist cheap prices, which might be part of the problem today.
    It could be a bit of a trade off of great prices - not realizing great prices would generate so much volume and the resultant keeping up with the orders.

I will say once again that I have been to Tenda in person multiple times and have had a positive experience every time. Prices were great, selection was good. They answered all my questions but they don't seem to be the "shoot the breeze and talk guns for hours" type of people, which is fine. It comes down to expectations. There is another store nearby (also one of our sponsors) that is smaller in size but the prices are FANTASTIC and I can sit and chat guns with the counter staff for a long time - I love those kinds of gun stores.

Here's the other thing too - and this may be human nature - people generally will not extol the virtues of good things but generally will be more than happy to complain about the bad. Think about how many people tell you you are doing a good job at work, that you are a great friend because of such and such quality, and pass on words of encouragement. My lady friend does this and it's probably the only thing that drives me bonkers. If she likes something she won't necessarily say it. If she doesn't she will say it. Sometimes I would ask "hope you liked your birthday present" . She would respond, "did I complain?" I swear, I would pull out whatever hair I had left. I think stores are the same - if people have a good experience you don't necessarily hear about it. It's the bad experiences that seem to be mentioned. Which is maybe why some people think it's odd to say good things about something - they may think it's a troll or that the good reviewer is a Tenda employee, etc. When did we as a society get to the point where positive words of encouragement were seen suspiciously and under scrutiny?

I have been alive long enough to know for certain that you have good people and bad people in every group, every demographic, every age, every political party. I think part of the problem is not giving people a chance. So even if you have one bad experience with something or somewhere - even if it's a couple - you have a decision to make. There's always a tradeoff. Do you want that item that is cheaper than everywhere else but always sold out? Or do you want to go to the store that has the item and pay more. It baffles me how people whine about cheap Chinese products at the dollar store. It's like what do you expect - there's a trade off. Sure we would all love to have $1.00 items last forever, but the nature of the product is not such that that is a reality.

I will tell you this - I have dealt with a number of our sponsors. Every single one of them has been excellent to deal with. Every single one. Am I just lucky? I don't know. I am sure one day I may catch them on an off day and have a bad experience. Well, that happens - it's life. You give people grace and move on. You can decide to shop elsewhere. But there will be another tradeoff. There is no perfect store out there because there is no perfect people. I think most stores try their best. If they don't and people get screwed over and over again - well people will vote with their feet. Stores that screw people don't last long.

We also need to recognize that unlike the incredibly fast and efficient service of something like a global conglomerate like Amazon, smaller stores do not have the economies of scale and the staffing and logistical efficiency to replicate that kind of fast shipping, stock management, etc. There has also been a marked increase of firearms and ammo purchases, so that may lead to some delays. It happens.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Dear Tenda. I promise I will spend $1000 at your store (times are tuff) if you close this thread. Cross my heart, hope to die.

CGN frequent flyer
    First order placed with Tenda so far so good

Ammo order placed Thursday AM and received tracking info this morning so just the waiting game.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    No, I don't think it's a cultural issue at all. One of Tenda's competitors, which also happen to be one of this site's sponsors, is also predominantly Asian-run, and that store has nothing but glowing reviews, both here and on Google reviews.
    Admittedly with a much smaller shop & selection.

On another note -- I think I need to rearrange my life priorities, I'm finding it too difficult to stay current with the Tenda review threads. No breakfast's for me next week.