Page 70 of 86 FirstFirst ... 5060626364656667686970717273747576777880 ... LastLast

Thread: CPC Leadership

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Well if i may differ, Montréal is almost 100% PLC. The name Leslyn Lewis is echoing strong more and more everyday

In Villeray/ St Michel /Anjou /Montréal Nord /St Leonard /Rosemont and 3 or 4 mores ridings.
    There is 170K+ haitians and Jamaican in those riding.
    LL will definitely make swing ridings.
    Those peoples will vote in LL.
    For some reason the Star Wars anthem is echoing in my mind ... A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    We are desperately in need of a strong CPC party. Please contact the prospective leadership candidates and ask what they plan to do with this Liberal OIC.

Then make your choice and join the CPC everyone over age of 14 can join the CPC get all your family on board. Only purchase a one year membership and do not include a donation, explain that you will only pay for results.

Hurry as I believe the deadline for membership in order to vote in the CPC leadership race is May 14th.
    In order to win the next election
    Conservative must find a candidate from Ontario
    1- speak French fluently
    2- be open minded about the LGBT community
    3- stop mumbling about abortion issue

And only after that we can win

Stop choosing candidates from the west which represent 15% of the population at best
    FREEDOM IS EVERYTHINK

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvertiger View Post
    For some reason the Star Wars anthem is echoing in my mind ... A New Hope
    Using a different unusual strategy can trow your opponent of guard long enough...
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 7.62mm's Avatar
    Join CSSA Call 1-888-873-4339 for info!
    Join CCFR https://firearmrights.ca/en/home/

Toss up between Erin and Leslyn for me. I like Sloan too but he'd never be able to win an election, his views are too backwards for the city folk to accept. Lieberal propaganda would eat him alive. Not to mention it looks bad going for the top job only a few months after becoming an MP in his riding.
    CPC member

Honestly don't understand how anyone thinks Lewis has a chance to win a general election... probably the same people who thought Canadians wouldn't ever vote for Trudeau again in the last election. The minute the word abortion comes out of a candidates mouth, they've lost. It doesn't matter that she only wants to prevent "gender selective abortions" and to end Canadian funding access to abortion services in foreign countries... she's toast. The general electorate is not as knowledgeable as we seem to be giving them credit for. O'Toole's social conservatism and desperation to hold onto the "tru blue" label will also cost him in an election. The vast majority of Canadians believe in abortion, LGBTQ2 rights and climate change. MacKay is the only shot of a general election victory. The fundraising data for the leadership contest also points in this direction. Voting for either Lewis of O'Toole will simply be akin to cutting off your nose to spite your face and all but guarantee another Liberal victory. I've voted Conservative in every election since I'v been old enough to vote, but even I would have a hard time casting a ballot for a candidate with such outdated social views. We need to accept the fact that MacKay isn't the most Conservative of the candidates, but he is the only one who could take on Trudeau. We need to take our wins where we can and win the battle before we can win the war. If you want another Liberal government - possibly even a majority, then by all means, vote for Lewis or O'Toole. If you want an actual chance of a CPC government after the next election, you need to get behind MacKay, at least for now.
    Cheers,

Kyle

That line is getting stale McKay was and is a old hack left over from the Mulroney years he is a third generation do nothing party back room HACK. Your Toronto and occupation background are showing .My two cents
    Last edited by warzaw; 05-24-2020 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warzaw View Post
    That line is getting stale McKay was and is a old hack left over from the Mulroney years he is a third generation do nothing party back room HACK. Your Toronto and occupation background are showing .My two cents
    Painting someone you don’t know with such a wide brush is exactly the type of attitude that holds the CPC back in election times. You know nothing about me, my life, or my job. Ignorant and misinformed biases do nothing but prove my point and serve only to divide in a time when we need to stand united. I feel bad for you that you see the world in such a way.
    Cheers,

Kyle

This is getting old. The leadership candidates are who they are. I have my own favorite, but what I'm sure about is any one of them is better for the country than Trudeau is. Everyone should vote for whoever they like, and then support whoever wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitticus View Post
    Honestly don't understand how anyone thinks Lewis has a chance to win a general election... probably the same people who thought Canadians wouldn't ever vote for Trudeau again in the last election. The minute the word abortion comes out of a candidates mouth, they've lost. It doesn't matter that she only wants to prevent "gender selective abortions" and to end Canadian funding access to abortion services in foreign countries... she's toast. The general electorate is not as knowledgeable as we seem to be giving them credit for. O'Toole's social conservatism and desperation to hold onto the "tru blue" label will also cost him in an election. The vast majority of Canadians believe in abortion, LGBTQ2 rights and climate change. MacKay is the only shot of a general election victory. The fundraising data for the leadership contest also points in this direction. Voting for either Lewis of O'Toole will simply be akin to cutting off your nose to spite your face and all but guarantee another Liberal victory. I've voted Conservative in every election since I'v been old enough to vote, but even I would have a hard time casting a ballot for a candidate with such outdated social views. We need to accept the fact that MacKay isn't the most Conservative of the candidates, but he is the only one who could take on Trudeau. We need to take our wins where we can and win the battle before we can win the war. If you want another Liberal government - possibly even a majority, then by all means, vote for Lewis or O'Toole. If you want an actual chance of a CPC government after the next election, you need to get behind MacKay, at least for now.
    I, respectfully, disagree with this.

I’ve voted conservative my whole life in federal politics, not that it matters any, but *I* don’t trust MacKay. I don’t understand why people think he has the best chance - maybe an Eastern Canada thing? Out here in the West, he seems to be a nothing-burger... And I would imagine MacKay is a juicy target for the Liberals.

Lewis has been quite forthcoming, and clear about where she stands - it’d be hard to trap her, I think, on things like abortion when her message is far from wish-washy and far from preachy as well. She has stated she doesn’t agree with it, but respects others decisions. I really don’t think that is too outrageous a concept for us average Canadians to understand. Heck, if it doesn’t bother my wife, who is typically quite liberal-thinking, then I can’t see how others would be so put off by it.

MacKay will be my 4th choice if I have to put one on the ballot.