Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ... 596971727374757677787980818283848586 LastLast

Thread: CPC Leadership

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boltaction View Post
    Those people in Quebec who vote for the Bloc instead of for CPC give the government to the Liberals. .. For gun owners, I cannot understand why they would vote for the BLoc which supports keeping the long gun registry and backed the Liberals on the OIC.

Could you use paragraphs next time please? That was painful to read.

Because being Quebecois is more important to them than anything else. And this primeval gut feeling is usually correct. it saved many people many times before.

When things go south, and I've seen it, societies tend to fracture into smaller pieces. Quebecois will stick to their tribe, chinese to chinese, punjabis to punjabies, filipinos to filipinos, you got the point.

The people of Canada who do not have a tribe to fall back to, will have to create tribes along ideological lines. Or racial. Or something else. Like local communities, which is possible in rural areas, but not so much in cities.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by PDub65 View Post
    Lewis will be my choice. The optics are good, minus the pro-life stance.
    She wants to ban sex selective abortion, you might want to learn what that is before you label her as pro life. I'm pro choice and I agree with banning sex selective abortion, it's messed up.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackVoid View Post
    Could you use paragraphs next time please? That was painful to read.

Because being Quebecois is more important to them than anything else. And this primeval gut feeling is usually correct. it saved many people many times before.

When things go south, and I've seen it, societies tend to fracture into smaller pieces. Quebecois will stick to their tribe, chinese to chinese, punjabis to punjabies, filipinos to filipinos, you got the point.

The people of Canada who do not have a tribe to fall back to, will have to create tribes along ideological lines. Or racial. Or something else. Like local communities, which is possible in rural areas, but not so much in cities.
    Sorry to cause your head any pain. There were paragraph breaks in there when I wrote it; I do understand English. I have gone in and fixed it to soothe your head. As for the "primeval gut feeling saving people" yes it can in the tribal state, but not in a democracy where voting for a small regional only party results in a disastrous government for everyone. However, that is my opinion. Just like the folks who voted PPC took votes from the CPC and we ended up with more Liberals....
    Member CSSA, NFA, CCFR

"Conversation just kinda dried up, ma'am"
    John Wayne, "The Undefeated"

Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    She wants to ban sex selective abortion, you might want to learn what that is before you label her as pro life. I'm pro choice and I agree with banning sex selective abortion, it's messed up.
    Agreed, that tends to be a culturally specific proclivity. Not cool.
    Stupidity is its own punishment.
    “The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride,”
    ~Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy

Haha, nice, ya I was going to vote for McKay but he is a traitor and a closet communist , I'm going for O tool

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattdeeze View Post
    Haha, nice, ya I was going to vote for McKay but he is a traitor and a closet communist , I'm going for O tool
    O'Toole is the only candidate who has any chance at beating JT in a general election!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boltaction View Post
    ... but not in a democracy where voting for a small regional only party results in a disastrous government for everyone. .....
    I apologize if my comment about paragraphs came across as crass.

Voting BQ ensures that their interests are held in Ottawa above interests of the rest of Canada.

Since separation referendum Ottawa keeps shoveling money above and under the table into QC just to keep the country intact. Having French language fluency as mandatory condition for any high level position ensures a disproportionate number of quebecois in most ruling positions in Ottawa. QC gets a pass on many things legalistically, which would cause a ####storm if done outside of QC.

As you can see, voting BQ is a natural and only choice for quebecois. When you see them vote differently just means that they vote as Canadians, not quebecois.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer J.Hancock's Avatar
    I would vote for any Canadian Nationalist who isn't a bigot. Someone that has eventual, humanitarian aspirations on their agenda. We gotta get right here, we need a world contending military and we need to eventually help everyone share in our prosperity/values. First, we need to make sure every Canadian is prospering. The resources in this beautiful land could bring almost every industry home.
    "When truth and fairness differs from what is law, better to follow truth and fairness."

Quote Originally Posted by KanadianShooter View Post
    O'Toole is the only candidate who has any chance at beating JT in a general election!
    Respectfully disagree.

A large part of why we still have PM JT, was because of liberal minded Torontonians, and Lewis has a far better chance for winning them over than O'Toole for a number of reasons.

These liberal voters, IMHO, will identify more closely to Dr. Lewis, but not for the sound policy that she has, but rather that she represents a big change over the Andrew Sheer/O'Toole types they have come to expect from the CPC.

Her being the political outsider / business woman / immigrant success story, they might have expected from the liberals but never saw, now find as the leader of the Conservatives and would be far more willing to hear what she has to say.

CGN Regular
    This. Exactly.