Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 61717374757677787980818283848586 LastLast

Thread: CPC Leadership

Quote Originally Posted by slarsen47 View Post
    I think it is pretty low to disqualify a candidate because they are either white, old, rich or liked the country the way it used to be.

I would NOT cite the Mayor of Calgary as any kind of bright shining light that anyone should hold in high esteem.

The political and demographic reality of GTA and Vancouver is what it is. And it will NOT be Conservative.

This next election will reinforce the need for western separation or some kind of sovereignty association that gives the west power over their own affairs.
    Fine. I said back in the day that Andy Scheer was a poor choice for a leader. I was right.
    You now have two dudes in the running, entangled in some sort of a bull#### spy scandal. You gonna vote for either of them? All they had to do was keep it together and be decent human beings, at least, until the next election, and they couldn’t last for 6 months.

We need a clean candidate Who would be hard to attack and so far I can only see one.

The separation bull#### is what will cause us to lose another election. You would also be surprised how many immigrants are actually conservative but don’t vote CPC because of the anti-immigrant rhetoric and lack of representation. This could be a deal-breaker in GTA.

Vancouver and GTA will never be conservative? That’s why CPC has been losing every effin election after Harper.
    Lisa Raitt didn’t even run her campaign here in Milton and lost her seat because people couldn’t remember what she looked like. She then said that «#she lived on borrowed time and knew she was going to lose#».

Give people a Leader with a good story, stop putting forward «#safe#» candidates that don’t get people excited about them. Develop a smart campaign. The West will vote CPC, so, go attack all GTA and BC ridings where you don’t have a seat. Do your effin job as a party.

Oh, and in a subject of Nenshi: you forgot the Bronc (David Bronconnier). Go walk that $11M bridge to nowhere (that’s closing for maintenance) and think about all other infrastructure projects that have been delayed.
    Now look at the West LRT that was built on time and under budget for the first time in Calgary history (because EPCs were finally pressured appropriately into completing their projects in time and on budget). Remember the 2013 flood. Look at the Green Line approval. And a bunch of other things.
    Sure, he’s not genius, but give credit where it’s due.

Quote Originally Posted by borsch View Post
    You know what, I personally like the idea of Lewis as a CPC Leader and a possible PM candidate. Especially since the other two couldn't last a few months without RCMP investigating them spying on each other....

Now, I haven't seen her debate yet. Gonna do that... But it's been a while since I considered any politicians coming up with a strong candidate, at least on paper....
    I think you'll be disappointed. I watched her read in the French debate and waited for her to come to life in the English ... she didn't. Too much time spent looking down and that doesn't translate to a motivational speaker.

Also, she was the only one to address the firearm's issue, but only when she was asked post-interview by a reporter.

The fact that none of the candidates mentioned the firearm's fiasco on their dime during the debate shows to me how much we mean to them ... unfortunately.

I was initially rooting for Lewis, she looks great on paper, but now not as good as a strong commanding leader ... just my observations ... like everyone else here.

For me this is one tough decision ... and I hated the Tories for almost as long as I've been living ... now I'm a member of the party ;-)
    Member: CCFR | CSSA

CPC is not run like Lie beral party.

Decision on most policy are made by delegations from CPC riding associations, join one.
    Not perfect or fail proof but better than the current dictatorship.

Firearm debate will not be an election issue to anyone else but us and the gun-hate groups.

We can win the next election.

If you live in a safe CPC riding , campaign for a CPC candidate close by who has a tight race.
    ill be spending some time in Kitcherner Waterloo myself.

If you see a conservative minded person being attack on social media for their views, attack back!

Who ever the leader turns out to be its the absolute necessity of victory that matters.

Pretend you kids future depends on it, because it does.

Quote Originally Posted by armyrem View Post
    Listen unfortunately the only option is to beat the liberals in the next election or nothing else will matter for our community. This is the fight to win or we go extinct. So in order to do so we need to water down our wine, pinch our nose and vote for the candidate that has the biggest chance to rally the most votes across Canada. Now is not the time to be idealists but to be pragmatic and regain the initiative...I believe MacKay is that man...sure he's a red Tory, but much better than a communist liberal that wants to send us to the gulags! Let's not make the same mistake and dilute our vote. This one is crucial...be strategic!
    If we are being honest and, he is elected to be the leader of the CPC, the Lib's and their bought and paid for media will label him a Harper 2.0 in the eye's of everyone with fake or false generated news. They have spent years demonizing Harper to look like Hitler to every leftist, brainwashed child by their teachers at school/college and, facebook eco chamber mob. They have also spent these last few years handing out special cookies to various groups to place them on pedestals for votes and to drive divides between everyone so that brainwashed people can enact mob mentality of virtue signalling and hatred of people they are told are ist,ism,bigot,right wing. For example of brainwashing; if every person who owns a firearm in Canada (2.4 million) frequently said JT and pedophile in the same sentence before or after his name religiously to every person they come across then, his name will become associated with pedophilia. that's how leftist mob mentality and eco chambers work.

^ like

Quote Originally Posted by borsch View Post
    Fine. I said back in the day that Andy Scheer was a poor choice for a leader. I was right.
    You now have two dudes in the running, entangled in some sort of a bull#### spy scandal. You gonna vote for either of them? All they had to do was keep it together and be decent human beings, at least, until the next election, and they couldn’t last for 6 months.

We need a clean candidate Who would be hard to attack and so far I can only see one.

The separation bull#### is what will cause us to lose another election. You would also be surprised how many immigrants are actually conservative but don’t vote CPC because of the anti-immigrant rhetoric and lack of representation. This could be a deal-breaker in GTA.

Vancouver and GTA will never be conservative? That’s why CPC has been losing every effin election after Harper.
    Lisa Raitt didn’t even run her campaign here in Milton and lost her seat because people couldn’t remember what she looked like. She then said that «#she lived on borrowed time and knew she was going to lose#».

Give people a Leader with a good story, stop putting forward «#safe#» candidates that don’t get people excited about them. Develop a smart campaign. The West will vote CPC, so, go attack all GTA and BC ridings where you don’t have a seat. Do your effin job as a party.
    Lisa was MIA last time. If she didn't really want to be elected, she should have quit and let someone else play with the toys.

(Secretly though I think she had inside info that her riding was fixed. I don't know anyone who voted for the lieberal)

I am totally behind Dr. Lewis. She is untouchable, there is nothing that turdo can throw at her direction. And she has that masters in environmental science that the greenies will love too.

As for the French language, she is getting better every day, literally, she is studying it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer slarsen47's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dfraser View Post
    I am totally behind Dr. Lewis. She is untouchable, there is nothing that turdo can throw at her direction. And she has that masters in environmental science that the greenies will love too.

As for the French language, she is getting better every day, literally, she is studying it
    I don't know if I should laugh or cry!

Actually that is not very nice of me to state.

But it does reflect the sorry state of affairs.
    I stand for freedom, law and order, justice, low taxes, prosperity, healthy lifestyle and property rights.

But I am "old school" and can see the "writing on the wall".

Quote Originally Posted by Smcx View Post
    Lisa was MIA last time. If she didn't really want to be elected, she should have quit and let someone else play with the toys.

(Secretly though I think she had inside info that her riding was fixed. I don't know anyone who voted for the lieberal)
    The CBC Radio played hit pieces toting her opponent all through the election under the guise of “bringing you info on the closely contested ridings.” I called in and complained three times as they spent about 3 min toting the new liberal x-Olympian candidate and 10 sec mention about Lisa Raitt.

It was basically free advertising for the LPC.
    "The Just Society will be one in which the rights of minorities will be safe from the whims of intolerant majorities."
    – Pierre Elliot Trudeau