Page 61 of 86 FirstFirst ... 415153545556575859606162636465666768697181 ... LastLast

Thread: CPC Leadership

Quote Originally Posted by ekp View Post
    Could you provide link please ?
    https://ipolitics.ca/2020/05/12/mack...instreet-poll/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 1963beretta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinD View Post
    “Hey guys, why don’t me make a liberal party but with guns”

SMH
    Thats exactly what so many here propose. Its a shame but indicative of the decaying moral fabric of our society.

Quote Originally Posted by 1963beretta View Post
    Thats exactly what so many here propose. Its a shame but indicative of the decaying moral fabric of our society.
    Or maybe people aren't interested in being told what to do with their bodies by anyone, left or right.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

It's O'Tool for me
    Only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a BIGGER gun

Quote Originally Posted by Kozse View Post
    I think we all need to come back to reality and realize that CGN users are not the only ones voting for the leadership race here guys...

At this point in time new polls from Main Street Research suggest that MacKay is in first with 40% of the vote, O'Toole with 34% Lewis with 9% and Sloan 5%. My vote will go to O'Toole and Lewis as second choice.
    Polls could be used to influence how people vote and are often used as propaganda tool by the other side. What were the polls saying about Scheer winning CPC leadership last time around?... Came out of nowhere and defeated the frontrunner.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory 1945 View Post
    Polls could be used to influence how people vote and are often used as propaganda tool by the other side. What were the polls saying about Scheer winning CPC leadership last time around?... Came out of nowhere and defeated the frontrunner.
    2 points to make here.

First, if that's the thought process here then we shouldn't believe anything the media puts out.

Second, the leadership will be decided by runoff ballot and considering O'Toole is the second choice for the majority of Lewis and Sloan's supporters that would indicate he is in the same position as sheer was last time which means he has an excellent chance of winning when Sloan and Lewis drop off the ballot.

If this holds true, we’re phucked

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwater View Post
    If this holds true, we’re phucked
    Well maybe not. He has stated clearly he *will* repeal C-71 and the May 1 OiC.

Allegedly CPC membership has grown by 20% since May 1. Mackay isn't an idiot - much if not all of that 20% is pissed-off gun owners. He knows who he works for.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    Well maybe not. He has stated clearly he *will* repeal C-71 and the May 1 OiC.

Allegedly CPC membership has grown by 20% since May 1. Mackay isn't an idiot - much if not all of that 20% is pissed-off gun owners. He knows who he works for.
    Yes he is his track record speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    Or maybe people aren't interested in being told what to do with their bodies by anyone, left or right.
    I could agree with that. My position is I do not support abortion. My position is also that it not up to the government to interfere that heavily with people. So I would oppose legislation prohibiting abortion even though I am pro life. I'm tired of government encroachment that serves no rational purpose.