Page 74 of 86 FirstFirst ... 5464666768697071727374757677787980818284 ... LastLast

Thread: CPC Leadership

Quote Originally Posted by l!fealert View Post
    The 'you' was directed more generally at people upset at not being able to discriminate based on gender identity/expression, not YOU specifically.
    No one is interested in discriminating. You seem only to be interested in accusing people you don't know of opinions you know nothing about. I would call that bigotry. My concern is criminalizing speech that is not violence based. How do you prove your innocence? How do you prove guilt? Speech laws are a huge issue...much more important than discrimination. Actual discrimination is currently(even without c16) very easy to attack by government.

The discrimination happens when, after being corrected, you choose not to be courteous and continue to use the wrong pronouns or dead-name them.

How hard is that to understand?

In the same way repeatedly using derogatory terms to a disabled person to their face, after being asked not to (and/or told how offensive they find it), is discrimination.
    It's very hard to understand because it has no merit. If a guy, who looks like a guy, wants to be called a woman, I shouldn't have to lie to abide by a law. Instead, I would stop calling this person any gender. But it still isn't discrimination. You shouldn't be able to force me to go along with your misunderstandings about biology.

I guess we don't need anti-discrimination laws to protect people of color, gay/lesbian/bisexual people, people with disabilities, etc then right? Because people would never discriminate and can totally self regulate right?

These protections exist because this type discrimination does happen
    As you use a suggestion to one extreme against my comment may I suggest the other extreme is just as ridiculous. Why don't we just make a law that people can't be mean to each other and have the government pick someone to decide if anything we said hurt someones feelings. Then we could put them in jail an no ones feelings would ever be hurt again.

It boils down to weather basic human decency should be decided for us. In no way would I encourage indecent or hateful behavior but I don't want a government deciding how I should talk. I believe in my ability to be descent just like I believe that I can be a firearms owner and not murder anyone. It frightens me that you do not share this beleif.

I wanna be just like that reporter when I grow up. Just lookin at him you know, he knows, how to party
    "People who have never owned or used one claim that the Remington pump guns are not as accurate as their bolt guns.

And the people who own and shoot them just chuckle at those statements."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Let's get back on topic of getting rid of Libs.

Watch finance minister dodging question about national debt. Unfortunately i couldn't find it on youtube, it's a facebook vid.

Morneau Can't Answer Simple Questions

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=286802652720106

Quote Originally Posted by Static80 View Post
    As you use a suggestion to one extreme against my comment may I suggest the other extreme is just as ridiculous. Why don't we just make a law that people can't be mean to each other and have the government pick someone to decide if anything we said hurt someones feelings. Then we could put them in jail an no ones feelings would ever be hurt again.

It boils down to weather basic human decency should be decided for us. In no way would I encourage indecent or hateful behavior but I don't want a government deciding how I should talk. I believe in my ability to be descent just like I believe that I can be a firearms owner and not murder anyone. It frightens me that you do not share this beleif.
    I do believe in general human decency, in the same way I believe I can believe a firearms owner without murdering anyone... BUT

I believe marginalized people do require specific codified protections from discrimination in the same way I believe we need sensible gun control & licensing - because not everyone is decent or responsible enough

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVoid View Post
    Let's get back on topic of getting rid of Libs.

Watch finance minister dodging question about national debt. Unfortunately i couldn't find it on youtube, it's a facebook vid.

Morneau Can't Answer Simple Questions

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=286802652720106
    Yikes

This just came in from Leslyn Lewis’s campaign:

The Liberals' handling of COVID-19 has been disastrous on many levels.

Their programs have ranged from confusing and disorganized, to undemocratic and unconstitutional.

Few moves have highlighted their undemocratic approach to governing like taking advantage of the tragic shooting in Nova Scotia, by passing a new firearms ban through an order-in-council to crack down on law-abiding hunters, farmers, and sport shooters.

I am joining Rod Giltaca and Tracey Wilson, of the Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights this Wednesday at 7:30pm (EST) for a virtual town hall to discuss my position on reversing this undemocratic ban, as well as my approach to all issues related to firearms.

Please RSVP here to reserve your spot!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer slarsen47's Avatar
    The tactics of the conservative party leadership insiders to deny Jim Karahalios an opportunity to complete is undemocratic.

We have two party memberships and are very concerned about the serious rot at the core of the CPC.

O'Toole disgusts me for supporting Sharia Law in Canada and complaining about Jim Karahalios calling him out.

MacKay and O'Toole are not going to be among our choices.

Too bad Maxime Bernier got screwed so they could put a useless Scheer in the leadership role.

The PPC has the conservative platform and obviously it was not very popular last election.

What does it tell you? Tells me it is too late!
    I stand for freedom, law and order, justice, low taxes, prosperity, healthy lifestyle and property rights.

But I am "old school" and can see the "writing on the wall".

Quote Originally Posted by slarsen47 View Post
    The tactics of the conservative party leadership insiders to deny Jim Karahalios an opportunity to complete is undemocratic.

We have two party memberships and are very concerned about the serious rot at the core of the CPC.

O'Toole disgusts me for supporting Sharia Law in Canada and complaining about Jim Karahalios calling him out.

MacKay and O'Toole are not going to be among our choices.

Too bad Maxime Bernier got screwed so they could put a useless Scheer in the leadership role.

The PPC has the conservative platform and obviously it was not very popular last election.

What does it tell you? Tells me it is too late!
    wait wait wait...he supports sharia law?