Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Please... we need everyones help.. A MUST READ Share with everyone

Dear Jason Lane:

On behalf of Hon Premier Kenney, thank you for your email. I have shared your comments and forwarded your email to the Ministry of Justice and Solicitor General for consideration.

Regards,
    Sheri Doyle, Assistant Director
    Premier’s Correspondence Unit
    Communications and Public Engagement
    Government of Alberta

It's a start, lets see what happens.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Nice, thank you IRG

The details of what IRUNGUNS is proposing is irrelevant to the current conversation, the fact that those in charge refuse to have the conversation to evaluate the proposal is the context of this conversation.

we know that the current government wants guns gone, but what is being promoted to the general populace is safety.
    It has been highly publicized by all parties that smuggling is a huge issue.
    To discredit the government by showing the public that they are being played is a huge step in gaining public empathy, as I doubt we will ever get support.

Persistence over comes resistance.

Lets be positive, and if you are not a member of the CCFA please join and support them.

Quote Originally Posted by furet View Post
    The details of what IRUNGUNS is proposing is irrelevant to the current conversation, the fact that those in charge refuse to have the conversation to evaluate the proposal is the context of this conversation.

we know that the current government wants guns gone, but what is being promoted to the general populace is safety.
    It has been highly publicized by all parties that smuggling is a huge issue.
    To discredit the government by showing the public that they are being played is a huge step in gaining public empathy, as I doubt we will ever get support.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bogusiii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Joe somebody buys 3-4 handguns from a shady guy in a Chicago dark alley or a texas person-to-person deal. Packs them with a kg of coke and 2000 pills of meth, comes into canada through some indian reservation that sits between both countries. Never goes through any custom. Sells the pills in Winnipeg and the guns in Toronto.

Explain quickly how your system can stop that. Because that's the beginning of the story that ends up with a couple dead guys in downtown Toronto.
    My take on this is that if adequate and comprehensive imports/exports are managed to the point there is no chance for illegal activities, the focus would be off legal owners going about their business. The only remaining smuggling would be completely the dark alley deals you're describing and become solely a border protection issue.

Another observation: "IRUNGUNS' is a cute name and I rather like its cheek. But at a time like this I wonder if something like "The Can-USA Import Export Company Inc." wouldn't have been better.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    5242 posts in one year (~15/day) is impressive @1ABNDT. I hope, however, that I'm not replying to troll bait, as would be my expectation on any other board with that volume of posts, but I'm too lazy to investigate first. I also don't know if this is a post from Howard or if he is being referenced; if it's Howard, well, hey Howard, what's up?

I don't understand the union bashing in this post, and frankly we can put it aside as irrelevant. What I appreciate about the post is the insight into the separable interests of the individual MP's from their party interests and loyalties. I've been having this debate with my sons and daughters of late as well.

I don't disagree that individual MP interest in their own pensions is a factor that cannot be ignored, and it is a factor that tends to solidify their party loyalties under normal operations. However, I would suggest that this is a radical action on the Liberal party's part, and that in this light, the self-interest of MP's can be leveraged in a more democratic manner.

MP's can hide behind party lines most of the time, but when a local or regional issue puts party lines against the interest of the people they represent, we must never forget the electorate didn't elect JT as PM, they elected there local MP, and that is where the power of Canadian democracy lies. Rely on your local MP's self interest, an strong interest to stay employed and a much lesser but still important interest to be liked during and after they serve in office. Let your local MP know, especially if they are Liberal or NDP, that if they do not vote against this government in a non-confidence motion and force an election, you will you personally will help organize firearm owners as well as those others who believe in the values of democracy and parliamentary accountability to ensure that they are not re-elected to their current office.

The threat of losing their seat as an MP because of a locally organized and mobilized campaign against them will give them considerable pause. Then, if they don't, make sure you do put them out of office. Party whip politics and party interest always takes a back seat to individual MP self-interest.

There are enough firearm enthusiasts in this country to change the outcome of the next election. Whatever else we might disagree about, every rational legal firearms owner knows this OIC is wrong, and that this government must be replace, so let's make this our first objective. Think nationally, and start mobilizing locally.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by parkervh View Post
    I'm going to play devil's advocate for a second and in doing so i will disclaim that I have used your company on several occasions and nothing but highest regards.

I have a certain amount of trepidation agreeing to promote your idea of which you give no details; just that it will work and the US is onboard. Why not share? You have the most educated and somewhat captive audience on the subject in the country to judge and offer ideas. I'm definitely wary that your "solution" involves US export regulations and the US government was immediately onboard. The fact that you won't share the details gives me pause that it may in some way exacerbate an export system that already makes it difficult and expensive to the Canadian consumer. Asking for details before we can promote is not being dismissive but smart. I'm not saying your solution is nefarious or self serving in anyway and we all desperately want to help solve the illegal gun issues in this country but why the secrecy? Thanks in advance.
    Will IRG respond to this?

Quote Originally Posted by parkervh View Post
    Appreciate the hard work and I'm sure your system is sound and your intent is just but if there are already a few countries using it I'm sure there's a reason your not telling us and it is in someway self serving. I and I hope most people won't back something they can't read or see. There is far too much "We have to pass it to read it" going on these days. The whole point of a business is to make money and figure out ways to grow not necessarily the welfare of it's customers. A lot of sophisticated people on here would take the time to read it even if it is long and complicated. If you don't already have it "on paper" I'm not sure you're ready to get results. I do hope you have a way to curb illegal guns and you get it done but we need to see it to support it.

cheers.
    And also respond to this?

While I do appreciate IRG as a business, having made purchases through them in past and I applaud what IRG is taking on the fight in their own way - I'm curious as to a response to the above 2 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by bogusiii View Post
    My take on this is that if adequate and comprehensive imports/exports are managed to the point there is no chance for illegal activities, the focus would be off legal owners going about their business. The only remaining smuggling would be completely the dark alley deals you're describing and become solely a border protection issue.

Another observation: "IRUNGUNS' is a cute name and I rather like its cheek. But at a time like this I wonder if something like "The Can-USA Import Export Company Inc." wouldn't have been better.
    Oh, do you mean like the way Minit Lube, which states both what the company does and its unique sales proposition (your car lubed in a minute). When bought by Quaker State, changed to Q Lube. W T F is a Q Lube?

Of all the business names I've ever seen or heard, IRG is one of the best. You know exactly what the company does. And the blatancy of the name invites further investigation.
    "There is always another way." - Kwai Chang Caine

“The trouble with practical jokes is that they often get elected.” - Will Rogers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bogusiii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Oh, do you mean like the way Minit Lube, which states both what the company does and its unique sales proposition (your car lubed in a minute). When bought by Quaker State, changed to Q Lube. W T F is a Q Lube?

Of all the business names I've ever seen or heard, IRG is one of the best. You know exactly what the company does. And the blatancy of the name invites further investigation.
    In today's world Q lube might mean 'Quaker', might not.

I agree with you completely and love the name. My point was 'IRUNGUNS' may not be the best name at this particular time for an organization advocating for gun rights with a group (the Liberal government) that shows no sense of humour in this regard. I'd happily buy hooch from 'Al Capone's Rum Runners' but I'm not sure such a name would be prudent as party to a court challenge arguing against prohibition.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345