Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425262728293141 ... LastLast

Thread: E-2574 Petition: Call Upon the PM to withdraw GunBan OIC

Signed

Did it and did not receive email. Did it again thinking that I did something wrong and still nothing. then looked further down the comments and seen I was not alone on this. This is the first petition that I have had do this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    Signed and waiting.

Took 7 hours for the confirmation email.

Done
    Last edited by SteelCap; 05-06-2020 at 08:19 AM.

Signed!

Signed

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nomad 68's Avatar
    NS,Alberta and sometimes, points in between
    Signed but why does another conservative form BC have essentially the same petition. IE; petition e-2576?
    I signed both.

Edit: I just got an email back saying I already signed the second one. Are they combining them?

Edit again: just got another email confirming I just signed the second one. Confusing af! I tried signing several times today but success only came within last half an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by lupothebutcher View Post
    We the lawful firearm owners of Canada would like to call on The Right Honorable Justin Trudeau, as a show of solidarity and understanding in relation to the May 1, 2020 “assault style” rifle ban to hereby relinquish and consider as banned the 1960 Mercedes Benz 300SL owned by Mr. Trudeau and passed down to Mr. Trudeau by his late father Mr. Pierre Trudeau.
    We feel that Mr. Trudeau should surrender this vehicle for the following reasons:
    1. The maximum speed limit anywhere in Canada is 120 KM/h (74.57 Mph), a Mercedes Benz 300SL can achieve 257 KM/h (160 Mph) far in excess of the legal limit. We believe that no one needs a race car to go buy milk.
    2. This vehicle looks like it will go very fast and looks like it was made to serve no other purpose than to participate in illegal street racing. Street racing has cost many lives in Canada and there is no place in Canada for a vehicle who’s only purpose is to street race.
    3. Drinking and driving as well as impaired driving under the influence of drugs is a major issue in Canada and in particular the use of race car style vehicles has been shown to be a major factor on Canada’s roads.
    We understand that Mr. Trudeau may have a reluctance to surrender his privately owned property and may site such reasons as:
    • I’m a lawful driver
    • I have a driver’s license
    • My vehicle is registered
    • Only criminals drive over the speed limit
    • Only criminals drink and drive
    • Only criminals drive under the influence of drugs
    • Only criminals street race
    • The appearance of my vehicle has nothing to do with its operational capabilities
    • My vehicle is very expensive
    • My vehicle was lawfully acquired
    • My vehicle is a family heirloom
    • Confiscation of my vehicle will not stop street racing, drinking and driving or driving under the influence of drugs.
    We, the lawful firearms owner’s of Canada understand and appreciate Mr. Trudeau’s possible concerns and as such, we believe that there should be options for Mr. Trudeau, these can include:
    • A buy back program (we call on the Canadian government to buy back Mr’ Trudeau’s Mercedes Benz 300 SL and offer him a price to be decided by a low level bureaucrat who knows nothing about vehicles, perhaps someone from Fisheries and Oceans)
    • Surrender without compensation.
    • Grandfathering (no use, transport, sale of the vehicle to be permitted, the vehicle must remain locked in a sea can at all times until Mr. Trudeau passes or decides to surrender the vehicle with no compensation).
    • Deactivation (The engine compartment to be encased in concrete, door and trunk welded shut “Boots” applied to all wheels and welded closed.)
    We thank Mr. Trudeau and fully believe that he will want to participate in the banning and confiscation of his beloved family heirloom for the safety of all Canadians and as a show of solidarity with the lawful firearms owners whom he lords over.

This was superbly written, i love it. Nicely done, i literally LOL

There are over 2 million firearms owners in Canada. This petition should have nothing less than 1.5 million signatures if the gun community wasn't lazy and disorganized. We will see. Signed.

Super GunNutz
    Done. Took about 5 hours today to receive the verification e-mail.

Signed them both, just waiting for confirmation and will share the links with people I know.