Page 75 of 87 FirstFirst ... 5565676869707172737475767778798081828385 ... LastLast

Thread: E-2574 Petition: Call Upon the PM to withdraw GunBan OIC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozse View Post
    Here's a good read from a CBC article. https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/opin...trol-1.5572268
    The comments section makes my eyes vomit.
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakjack View Post
    The comments section makes my eyes vomit.
    Always...... I can understand people "not liking guns" but the level of sheer ignorance and "sheeplishness" is staggering. After reading some of the >22,000 comments on the article posted immed. after the May1 ban, I remembered a comment from a BBC panel show, "I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue", where one of the panellists said, "It was so cringeworthy, I thought my sphincter was going to swallow itself."

I'm afraid to start reading the comments this morning because I know it will cause a serious spike in my hypertension.
    My doctor asked if anyone in my family was suffering from mental illness.
    "No", I said, "We all seem to enjoy it."

Member CSSA, CCFR

Nice article, as for the comments what can I say.
    I do believe that apart from the usually suspects that will never change their minds, their words do justice to our message and that it will resonate with those that can actually think.
    There is a reason you are told to keep you mouth shut when facing procecution, most people are responsible for their own demise by making the case for their accusers, the gun grabbers really only resonate with other gun grabbers.

Keep up the good message, truth and rational thinking is on our side, although I do worry about social numbness... I recall the petition to ban H2O as it was labelled a toxic substance that could kill you if you breath it in, people agreeded!!

Quote Originally Posted by josquin View Post
    Ye gods.... in the CBC? That's the second sympathetic opinion post they'vr printed. Already 1400+ comments. As dismissive as many are of the CBC, it is ever-so-slilghtly heartening that these articles appear because it does present our side of the argument to many people who are utterly clueless about shooting sports in general and only see us as a bunch of "gun-loving, 'baccy-chewing hooligans." As has ben stated many times before on CGN, education is ultimately one of our best defences against the ridiculous stereotype that has been foisted on them. Thanks for posting.
    Well put.

I still have to read the article, but will say that if it was rational and reasonable, then followed by litany of hyperbolic anti gun comments just cements it’s effectiveness. We should keep in mind the neutral bystanders who will read both the article itself and the comments. My opinion is that if the article is calm and rational, and the comments are emotional ad hominem attacks many will see the two sides for what they are.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    203,567 signatures... That alone is a fairly impressive number but the petition appears to have all but stalled out over the long weekend and now there are 6 others to divert focus from this one. Hopefully we can still find a way to rebuild some momentum and add at least another 47,000 signatures to it so we can at least cross the quarter-million mark before the petition closes.

signed and verified

Quote Originally Posted by Kozse View Post
    Here's a good read from a CBC article. https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/opin...trol-1.5572268
    It's official, the Libs or Gun Control groups are paying people to spread misinformation.

"Gonzales Vazquez"...

This user has been spouting anti-gun nonsense since the comment's section opened up. There are more pro-gun individuals than adamantly anti-gun one's, with the majority of people genuinely not caring for either side. That said, the level of anti-gun propaganda in the comments section is definitive evidence of our opponents trying to influence neutral people's opinions. "Gonzales Vazquez" must have posted nearly 3 dozen comments in the last couple hours alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Armed Hippie View Post
    It's official, the Libs or Gun Control groups are paying people to spread misinformation.

"Gonzales Vazquez"...

This user has been spouting anti-gun nonsense since the comment's section opened up. There are more pro-gun individuals than adamantly anti-gun one's, with the majority of people genuinely not caring for either side. That said, the level of anti-gun propaganda in the comments section is definitive evidence of our opponents trying to influence neutral people's opinions. "Gonzales Vazquez" must have posted nearly 3 dozen comments in the last couple hours alone.
    Finally got to reading it. Good article and good credentials for the author. That Gonzales guy appears to be the least articulate commentator so far, not really any substance to his comments. I haven’t read them all but so far just a lot of snippets of nothing. Wow just read his WMD remark, yup it’s official he’s detached from reality and throwing stuff out.

Nonsense is right.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by njohnson View Post
    Finally got to reading it. Good article and good credentials for the author. That Gonzales guy appears to be the least articulate commentator so far, not really any substance to his comments. I haven’t read them all but so far just a lot of snippets of nothing. Wow just read his WMD remark, yup it’s official he’s detached from reality and throwing stuff out.

Nonsense is right.
    Probably some shared account that various members of a certain Canadain gun control group just take turns posting random crap from just to keep most of the comments negative. They know most casual reader won't read through all of the comments indetail.

Quote Originally Posted by Salibas007 View Post
    Actuall, 1 week old account or 10 year old account. Makes no difference. The guy’s right. We are 2.2M. Wtf is everyone ? turkey hunting ?

We should be at over 500K. And even then, we would still be less than 25%.
    I have told every PAL and even had non PAL friends sign the petitions against this crap. keep spreading the word and write to all MP's plus I'm writing to every leader of the provinces and territory's we need to put the pressure on Ottawa big time