Page 70 of 87 FirstFirst ... 5060626364656667686970717273747576777880 ... LastLast

Thread: E-2574 Petition: Call Upon the PM to withdraw GunBan OIC

signed. my second e-petition. this issue is extremely urgent. i have been a FAC (yes FAC) holder in 1989 and migrated to the RPAL. I am totally astounded at how the liberals are abusing this simple assault rifle ban, at this point in time. pandemic and on the heels of a tragedy.
    Who has a good letter, i can borrow ideas from. I had it and am emailing and mailing my MP ASAP.

Thanks
    Support Our Troops

The Price for Freedom is not free.

CGN frequent flyer
    200k Everyone! But its slowing down.....

Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

GunNutz
    Just passed 200000!
    They can't all be gems but you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungestPiperCub View Post
    Not surprising. The ~175k who signed the first one have jumped in, plus they have reached out more to others who have boosted the numbers. I think we will see pretty gradual, perhaps minimal, increases towards the cutoff date now. But the fact that we got 200k in 10 days is significant.

BTW, it was noted in another thread here on CGN that the big retailers such as Cabelas have been notably silent on this issue. I managed to get a few of Cabelas relatively senior managers' email addresses "from an unnamed source" and have sent an e-mail to them asking about this and asking them to forward to seniior admins. in Winnipeg. One (in Wpg.) said he would do so. the others I've not heard from because I e-mailed them just before the long weekend, so we'll see what comes of it.

The fact that the company hasn't said squat on their webpage or AFAIK in the stores since this OIC crap surfaced late last year suggests to me that they just aren't interested, which is really inexcusable as their sales will suffer considerably. Plus, they might be able to reach many of the "once-a-year" hunters who likely remain ignorant of the s**tstorm brewing and/or who figure, "Well, it doesn't affect me."

I'll repeat here what I posted elsewhere, that if anyone has a Linkedin account or perhaps access to a commercial business directory, they might be able to get some contact info for the execs. in the Winnipeg Head Office. If so, we should be hitting them hard.
    My doctor asked if anyone in my family was suffering from mental illness.
    "No", I said, "We all seem to enjoy it."

Member CSSA, CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CLW .45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josquin View Post
    Not surprising. The ~175k who signed the first one have jumped in, plus they have reached out more to others who have boosted the numbers. I think we will see pretty gradual, perhaps minimal, increases towards the cutoff date now. But the fact that we got 200k in 10 days is significant.

BTW, it was noted in another thread here on CGN that the big retailers such as Cabelas have been notably silent on this issue. I managed to get a few of Cabelas relatively senior managers' email addresses "from an unnamed source" and have sent an e-mail to them asking about this and asking them to forward to seniior admins. in Winnipeg. One (in Wpg.) said he would do so. the others I've not heard from because I e-mailed them just before the long weekend, so we'll see what comes of it.

The fact that the company hasn't said squat on their webpage or AFAIK in the stores since this OIC crap surfaced late last year suggests to me that they just aren't interested, which is really inexcusable as their sales will suffer considerably. Plus, they might be able to reach many of the "once-a-year" hunters who likely remain ignorant of the s**tstorm brewing and/or who figure, "Well, it doesn't affect me."

I'll repeat here what I posted elsewhere, that if anyone has a Linkedin account or perhaps access to a commercial business directory, they might be able to get some contact info for the execs. in the Winnipeg Head Office. If so, we should be hitting them hard.
    I very much doubt that they believe their sales will suffer.

In fact, I expect that they believe, not without reason, that their sales of non restricted firearms may boom.
    - Gun Control is about making it unlawful for you to use, carry, or possess a firearm.
    - All restrictions/prohibitions must be repealed.
    - Middle ground? What middle ground?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post

In fact, I expect that they believe, not without reason, that their sales of non restricted firearms may boom.
    “Tactical” type gun stores though HAVE to be hurting. One of our LGS Urban Tactical, 90% of the rifles they offer are on the list.
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post

Ahhhh, yes, as Alfred E. Neuman used to say in MAD mag., "What, Me Worry?" Probably true. "As long as we're making money, who cares?"
    At least until Turdo decides that lever action rifles have to be blocked at the factory to 3 rounds or something.
    My doctor asked if anyone in my family was suffering from mental illness.
    "No", I said, "We all seem to enjoy it."

Member CSSA, CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by josquin View Post
    Ahhhh, yes, as Alfred E. Neuman used to say in MAD mag., "What, Me Worry?" Probably true. "As long as we're making money, who cares?"
    At least until Turdo decides that lever action rifles have to be blocked at the factory to 3 rounds or something.
    Well now that you mentioned lever action firearms, I just bought a 410 Henry Magazine tube that blocks the tube/magazine from holding more than two rounds. This is a requirement for the purpose of hunting migratory and upland game birds here in BC.

I am sure the Liberals would love to place this idea in their OIC as well. Lever action firearms that can hold ten or more rounds I believe are prohibited now in New Zealand. These ridiculous laws are an over-reach of power to control the citizens who the government fears. They fear because of the unfair control they keep enacting to take control of human freedoms, rights, choices etc.

It worked for Hitler, our new dictator is right on his heels. I wish stupid people would wake up!.......
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungestPiperCub View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pengfire View Post
    Just passed 200000!

I wonder how much the two other e-petitions, Rebel petition, Taxpayers Federation petition & Change dot Org petition are affecting the growth of 2574? This is definitely to our detriment...

IMHO, there's no way that everyone is signing everything... Especially if they are soft on the issue.

Back to herding cats.
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post

I wonder how much the two other e-petitions, Rebel petition, Taxpayers Federation petition & Change dot Org petition are affecting the growth of 2574? This is definitely to our detriment...

IMHO, there's no way that everyone is signing everything... Especially if they are soft on the issue.

Back to herding cats.

Its definitly hurting.

A lot of people will just answer "well I already signed it"

Small win: 200k in 12 days ? Pretty good no ?! Lets double it !!
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.