I know there has been plenty of these types of posts lately stating "Crazy busy we will get back to you" and honestly we have been doing pretty good here keeping everything moving and answers out to you within our standard time frames.

We are a few days behind right now, no panic has set in but we might be a day or two behind to respond so if something you are looking to purchase is critical I have to recommend buying it online as phones and emails are bogged down right now and we are having some customers having trouble getting through. All of our phone lines are in use for most of the day. Our live chat feature is still available. At least if I'm on the phone we can answer quick questions on the Live Chat

So in short, if you emailed it will be answered I promise, please do not send a follow up email asking why your first hasn't been answered within 20 minutes ( yes this does happen sometimes ) !! If its critical call ( if you can ) or try our live chat. Biggest one if possible order online if you can, and please don't take that as us telling you we don't wanna talk to you, there is just a line up of people wanting to talk as well

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program...