Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: My irunguns experience

USO-15856
    Supposed to be on this import but still cant pay my GST & Shipping, not sure whats cooking!

I know it's an old thread but wanted to check in and see if anyone has had any recent experience buying from IRUN into Canada. I read through their site, but am anxious about the whole process and how long it takes. Does anyone have a more recent 2023/2024 experience update?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    ^IRunGuns is good. Prices are cheaper even tho the exchange sucks. You just have to wait a bit. Yesterday would have been an import cutoff (15th) so you have almost a month to make up your mind.

I ordered from them recently and it was a great experience, exactly what I expected (glock 20 = all parts received except the lower)

I have ordered mags before from the US site and found that the picture does not always match the product. Make sure you lookup the SKU to know exactly what you’re getting (this was for FN509 mags - photo was of 12 rounders and I received 15 rounders, which matched the sku).

Be mindful that there are a variety of skus for different state rules, so again make sure you look up the SKU to know what you are getting. Most semi auto rifles are 16” and restricted here, and some states have blocked mags or pinned stocks or other nonsense.

They have phoned me several times to confirm an order if an order looks weird to them. Great interactions every time.

As mentioned, the 15th is their cutoff, so orders from Dec 16 to Jan 15 will be processed and imported now, expect to receive sometime in Feb, but don’t be in a hurry. Sometimes they are surprisingly fast, other times it is slower. Don’t know if that is a customs thing or size of accumulated order thing etc. They warned me on last order it would be bigger because of SHOT show and may take longer.

Fees are $25 USD plus the GST and shipping cost from Alberta. You will receive 2 different requests to pay (immediate USD payment and 2nd later with GST and Shipping). No PST is charged on orders.

And P320 orders don’t get any FCU parts.

I ordered an albeit cheap NEW shotgun from them and it barely cycled and seemed used when I got it. warped internals to the naked eye. I mailed them several times and nothing back. Horrible.
    I don't feel tardy......

CGN Regular
    I just read this whole necro-thread, and am torn.

On the one hand, i think the OP was clearly in the wrong. As a small business owner myself, i have developed company policies for a reason, and they are clearly stated on my website. Those policies protect me, and so you better believe i insist on adhering to them. So i can't blame the business here for following their own policies which were clearly stated in advance.

On the other hand, my own limited experience with irunguns was not very cool. It wasn't terrible - i didn't have a big bad experience with them or anything. It was just a little thing - a little bit annoying.

I wanted to import a marlin last year. I emailed irunguns and prophet river on the same day. Prophet river responded really friendly in just a couple hours. Irunguns completely ignored me. They never did respond.

That's just a small thing, i know, but i just hate it when people can't be bothered to just respond to you. I mean, how hard is it to send an email?

Since then, there have been two other threads about irunguns, and both times i have posted what i just said, and both times my post has been deleted, so i don't know if irunguns pays extra sponsorship fees to cgn or what. Let's see how long this post stays up...

Quote Originally Posted by ChefBoyOhBoy View Post
    LMAO, roasted.
    Very, very professional.

An excellent job.

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Yes, you made your purchase on our US website on April 28, 2020 and then advised us that you wanted some custom engraving done on your receiver.

You had several conversations with Carolyn in regards to this over the phone and through emails.

Then on April 30, 2020 you decided to hold off on the engraving for now as you were contemplating cancelling your order. You were advised of the 25% restocking fee over the phone. This is also clearly stated throughout the website.

On May 1st you emailed Carolyn saying that you definitely wanted to cancel your entire order and that you were ok with the restocking fee.

You called our Arizona store today and you were very abrupt with Amber over the phone, so Carolyn called you to help you understand that you were already refunded, less the 25% restocking fee.

We only refund the US dollar amount, it’s your credit card company that decides how much to convert into Canadian dollars.

Carolyn advised you that because the refund was already complete and irreversible, that she could offer you a discount from our wholesale dealer website on your next purchase.

You had no desire to purchase anything from us, so you weren’t interested. She tried explaining to you the reason why we have the restocking fee, as permits are filed with the US State Department, Dept of Commerce, AES, CBSA and our Broker to bring these firearms into Canada. The amount of work involved in each order is significant, but you did not care to hear her explanation.

We are sorry you feel you have been treated unfairly but if you are going to give us a negative review, please provide all facts regarding the situation.

Your email correspondence dated May 1, 2020 that was sent to Carolyn.

Hey Carolyn -

Could you just cancel my entire order.
    I will pay the restocking fee.

I’ve also left you a voice note.

Thanks.
    Very, very professional.

An excellent job.

CGN Regular
    I dealt with IRG once, to import a rifle from the US. In the end, I did received the rifle, and so, the deal was concluded successfully. That said, I have decided not to deal with IRG again, because of poor or lack of customer service. The entire importation process was stressful to me, because i was left in the dark almost the whole time. My emails and phone calls, to get guidance, were mostly ignored. In the end, I had to seek guidance, with regard to procedures, from gunnuts on this website. At the end, all worked out, but with a lot of struggles on my part. For the experienced who have bought from the US, through IRG, who are familiar with its procedures/process, the transactions may be much easier, but for a first timer, I did have to struggle, and felt helpless. For this reason, I will not deal with IRG again.
    Last edited by Gun123; 01-16-2024 at 10:53 PM.

I’m in the process now.
    I was planning buying a firearm from them in December. I had some questions about the whole process and emailed the admin team late in the evening. I got a response that evening even thought it was outside of their business hours.
    Placed my order before the cut off date in December.
    Now it’s just a waiting game for the importation.
    As much as we want our new purchases asap, you just need to have patience if it is coming from their US warehouse.

I haven’t emailed to ask but I do check my IRG.ca account frequently for any updates regarding paying the gst and delivery fee as stated on their website.