Is it possible...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I understand that Bullpup stocks are a no-no, but Bullpup rifles like the X95 are ok.

Could you manufacture a rifle using your TUF-22 receiver in a High Tower 90/22 stock? I assume it would be a PITA to get it classified, but a NR one of these should be quite popular.

hqdefault.jpg

I would say it is possible, thought it would essentially be a modified 10/22 housing with some sort of extension into the action that would house the trigger components forward of the action. It might totally change the trigger components and just reuse some action components and barrel.

No one is especially interested in producing it, it should be simple enough but requires some engineering to make it happen. Then any other manufacturer would start ripping off the design once the engineering is done.

Bullpups are awesome. I would love to see a Dlask bullpup.

I think it’s beyond they’re ability to engineer something like that, but would also love to see a Canadian manufacturer for one, it’s probably not a venture that seems profitable for them.

Apparently Aklys Defense (formerly Red Jacket Firearms of tv show "Sons of Guns") has been working on a Canadian importable ZK22 with proprietary bullpup reciever. Last I heard anything of it was a few years ago though.

+1 I would take a 10/22 based bullpup design. Theoretically as laws sit right now it could be manufactured as NR with a factory 10" barrel. Rimfire don't have a barrel length requirement, and overall length requirements only apply if the stock folds or collapses in any manner.

Apparently Aklys Defense (formerly Red Jacket Firearms of tv show "Sons of Guns") has been working on a Canadian importable ZK22 with proprietary bullpup reciever. Last I heard anything of it was a few years ago though.

+1 I would take a 10/22 based bullpup design. Theoretically as laws sit right now it could be manufactured as NR with a factory 10" barrel. Rimfire don't have a barrel length requirement, and overall length requirements only apply if the stock folds or collapses in any manner.

0ahCcMIMw7qP01NxTQuQ7RGYxrmnLf8fFK55eEDCGnYR4XwYUn7j70jdDGGRBQNMdveqqXAVqNp4FDYt1Y3Oapww5nJvRxZFfXVHF9fW8FC_

I’ve never understood the bullpup. How are there bullpup rifles out there? What is it in the design that makes a bullpup illegal,

Being able to be fired outside the stock

Shawn

This is correct ^. The legislation as it is wrote specifically singled out Bullpup stocks and not bullpup designs as being prohibited devices. So if you have a conventional firearm that can be placed into a Bullpup stock, that stock is prohibited. But if you have a firearm that was clearly designed to be a Bullpup from the factory such as the KSG, RFB, RDB Tavor, T97, Fs2000 or PS90 for example, they do not use a stock and are integrally designed as bullpups.

They would have to develop a receiver that couldn’t take a standard 10/22 trigger box. Then make some kind of a forward trigger and separate hammer in the receiver. Then they would have to find someone to manufacture a housing for all the components. I’d buy one in a heartbeat but I have a feeling the answer will be no just due to the scope of the work and our BS laws.

They would have to develop a receiver that couldn’t take a standard 10/22 trigger box. Then make some kind of a forward trigger and separate hammer in the receiver. Then they would have to find someone to manufacture a housing for all the components. I’d buy one in a heartbeat but I have a feeling the answer will be no just due to the scope of the work and our BS laws.

Your last sentence is correct. While it is really not that difficult to engineer the money needed to invest to make the molds and all the other unique components is simply not financially viable. At least not with the relatively small numbers we could sell in Kanada. While there are a few of you that like the idea and would buy one there are many more people that don't like the bullpup platform for whatever reason. I know because I'm one of them. This is why there aren't many even in the US where the gun market is so much larger than ours.

Back
Top Bottom