Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible...

Is it possible...

I understand that Bullpup stocks are a no-no, but Bullpup rifles like the X95 are ok.

Could you manufacture a rifle using your TUF-22 receiver in a High Tower 90/22 stock? I assume it would be a PITA to get it classified, but a NR one of these should be quite popular.

Short, answer is no

Shawn

They would have to make the receiver/gun PART of the stock. Which isn't easy for a 1022.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cody c's Avatar
    I would say it is possible, thought it would essentially be a modified 10/22 housing with some sort of extension into the action that would house the trigger components forward of the action. It might totally change the trigger components and just reuse some action components and barrel.

No one is especially interested in producing it, it should be simple enough but requires some engineering to make it happen. Then any other manufacturer would start ripping off the design once the engineering is done.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    Bullpups are awesome. I would love to see a Dlask bullpup.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cody c's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BabySeal View Post
    Bullpups are awesome. I would love to see a Dlask bullpup.
    I think it’s beyond they’re ability to engineer something like that, but would also love to see a Canadian manufacturer for one, it’s probably not a venture that seems profitable for them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Apparently Aklys Defense (formerly Red Jacket Firearms of tv show "Sons of Guns") has been working on a Canadian importable ZK22 with proprietary bullpup reciever. Last I heard anything of it was a few years ago though.

+1 I would take a 10/22 based bullpup design. Theoretically as laws sit right now it could be manufactured as NR with a factory 10" barrel. Rimfire don't have a barrel length requirement, and overall length requirements only apply if the stock folds or collapses in any manner.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Apparently Aklys Defense (formerly Red Jacket Firearms of tv show "Sons of Guns") has been working on a Canadian importable ZK22 with proprietary bullpup reciever. Last I heard anything of it was a few years ago though.

+1 I would take a 10/22 based bullpup design. Theoretically as laws sit right now it could be manufactured as NR with a factory 10" barrel. Rimfire don't have a barrel length requirement, and overall length requirements only apply if the stock folds or collapses in any manner.
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_1982's Avatar
    I’ve never understood the bullpup. How are there bullpup rifles out there? What is it in the design that makes a bullpup illegal,
    CSSA and CCFR member

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    I’ve never understood the bullpup. How are there bullpup rifles out there? What is it in the design that makes a bullpup illegal,
    Being able to be fired outside the stock

Shawn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast