Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swarovski customer service is awesome!

Business Member plainSight Solutions's Avatar

Swarovski customer service is awesome!

In a departure from the dour anti-gun un-democratic proclamations, and COVID-19 restrictions/isolation/closures we are all having to weather through, here's a little ray of positive sunshine.

Simply put: some companies care, especially when they know that their customers are facing frustrating, if not difficult, times.

Swarovski is the very first brand that I began selling when I decided to get into this business almost 10 years ago. The reason was very personal: I wanted a spotter for myself but I couldn't find a dealer anywhere within a couple hundred kilometers who had a Swarovski spotting scope in stock to ask questions about, look at, or ultimately purchase.

Why did I want a Swarovski? Because I had been told by people whose opinions I respect that a) "Them Swa-vorski's have the best glass!", and b) "They have a no-bullsh*t warranty...second to none!".

So I said #####-it! If none of these other dealers want to bring one in or stock these products, I'll try selling "Swa-vorski" myself!

Flash forward to less than two weeks ago: I had not one, but two customers who very recently purchased Swarovski products from me who were experiencing issues. Not just little things, but genuine problems: the COVID/Trudeau curse was beginning to mutate and influence other things!

In all seriousness, it's rare to have a Swarovski item with a hiccup out of the box. But to have two in short order has never happened while I've sold their products. Both customers were disappointed as they wanted to use their newly acquired optics for bear season. And after isolating and grappling with the variety of challenges presented by COVID, going bear hunting was something both of my customers had been really looking forward do. Both seemed resigned to the eventuality that given the shipping delays in the world of COVID, and the fact that most companies are not operating at peak efficiency, they were in for a lengthy wait.

Understanding the importance of these items to their customers, my reps at Swarovski had new, replacement items to me within seven business days. They didn't question the customers' comments. They didn't even wait for the returned items to arrive at the warranty center in the US before shipping out the replacements - and these were both very expensive items. The folks at Swarovski put the customers' needs first and used the fastest available means to make things right.

It's nice when companies give a sh*t about their dealers and especially their customers.

And "Swa-vorski" does it better than anyone.

Omer Hrbinic
    Tell: 1 (250) 747-1621
    Cell: 1 (250) 991-1406
    www.PrecisionOptics.net
    PrecisionOptics@hotmail.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cody c's Avatar
    Where’s the thumbs up emoji or the like button!

CGN Regular
    That's just a great story and a good one to share at this crappy time.

I was just discussing with a buddy it is worth the extra $$ to have a product that a company will stand behind. I have not (yet) owned a swarovski optic...but I will! Thanks for sharing.

Nothing but great experience with you and Swarovski

Impressive.

Good products sell themselves but good warranty never hurts either.

I have an itch for a spotting scope that will need scratched at some point.......

CGN Regular
    Absolutely great experience with their warranty department when my 25 year old binoculars needed some repairs. Absolutely great binoculars!

I was starting to get tears in my eyes reading this.

So do Swarovski EVER go on sale?

There is no doubt they are great products but ouch!

I bought a used pair of Swarovski binos from Omer just before Christmas 2019.He suggested that I might want to send them in for a tune up as they had never been serviced since the original owner had bought them.Omer e-mailed Swarovski and set up a service order for me.I sent them in after Swarovski sent me the shipping tags.Swarovski called me about 2 weeks later with what they were going to do.Thorough inspection, replace armour, alignment,replace eyecups, repair focus mechanism all under warranty at no cost to me on 20 year old binos.They also asked me if I wanted to replace both eye lenses and both objective lenses for $175 US.total cost.Of course I agreed.They had them back to me within 6 weeks from when I sent them and the only cost was the lenses.They look like new and should be good for another 20 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast