Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marlin 1894C .357

I have a 1980 built one, bit rough around the edges but shoots well, nice action. Been used as a 'Truck Gun' from the looks of the wear marks on top of barrel and wrist of stock, in a rack maybe?. At least I don't have to baby her, I can live with a few knocks and dings and it would be a great project gun.

Side eject is also a nice feature, if you wanted to ruin it with a 'scope. : )

CGN Regular
    I bought a new Marlin 94 dark in .357 about 5 weeks ago. Fantastic little carbine, 16 1/4in. Barrel, nice extras with it; paracord wrapped big lever, paracord sling, ghost style sights, hammer extension, threaded muzzle, full length picatinny rail. It’s an excellently done modernization of the old classic. I’d never have put any kind of optic on one of my lever guns, but I run a Vortex Venom on it; for whatever reason, it looks like it was made that way. I’ve spent quite a few days running different loads through it to find something it really likes shooting; it’s very fond of Hornady 180gr. XTP over H110, or 158 gr. Hornady Leverrevolution bullets over IMR4227; flat shooting, screaming fast (just under 1700fps), in a nice, short, quick pointing rifle...great bush gun with lots of thump.
    I swallowed pretty hard at $1300+, but after nearly 1300 rounds, it’s smooth as silk, great trigger...worth every penny

I may have one for sale, not sure of year, older, cross bolt safety model. I even figured out how to get 10 357 into the little rascal!

Quote Originally Posted by vern130 View Post
    I have a 1980 built one, bit rough around the edges but shoots well, nice action. Been used as a 'Truck Gun' from the looks of the wear marks on top of barrel and wrist of stock, in a rack maybe?. At least I don't have to baby her, I can live with a few knocks and dings and it would be a great project gun.

Side eject is also a nice feature, if you wanted to ruin it with a 'scope. : )
    "if you wanted to ruin it with a 'scope'"
    lol, I highly recommend the Vortex Diamondback 2-7*35 Rimfire (Rated for use on shotguns & muzzle loaders, 50yd Parallax, +64ft FOV).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kamlooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax148 View Post
    I may have one for sale, not sure of year, older, cross bolt safety model. I even figured out how to get 10 357 into the little rascal!
    …………………......…………… pm me some details svp……………………………..
    He has a half-tracked mind and unrelenting habit of self aggrandizing.
    Can anyone guess?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12