Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AR-15 parts that will work with Troy PAR-15

CCFR — CSSA

CCFR — CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by MartyK2500 View Post
    To plug your gas port, use a low profile gas block installed upside down...
    I agree as long as it is less than 1" o.a. diameter.
    I had also looked at the "dimple drilling jigs" that TNA (and others) sell but it appears that they are beyond 1" o.a. dia. - can anyone confirm this please as I don't want to disturb Stanley...
    Last edited by K-C; 05-10-2020 at 11:28 AM. Reason: typo
    We shall pass this way on Earth but once, if there is any kindness we can show, or good act we can do, let us do it now, for we will never pass this way again - Stephen Grellet
    East Grey Hunters & Anglers Association (visit us at http://eghaa.ca)

CGN Regular
    Since these are pump action, could someone make special mags kind of like what DLask did for their version of the 10/22 so they could have say 30 round mags? The receiver would have to be modified, not sure if it can I’ve never touched one but that sure would be fun...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Since these are pump action, could someone make special mags kind of like what DLask did for their version of the 10/22 so they could have say 30 round mags? The receiver would have to be modified, not sure if it can I’ve never touched one but that sure would be fun...
    We would basically need someone to make a true Canadian version of this style of gun.
    You could probably build a rifle around Remington-700 style magazines.

But bear in mind that Bill Blair can ban anything and everything with the stroke of a pen.
    Just because it's legal today, doesn't mean it won't be illegal next week.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by KBCL View Post
    There's a discussion about this in the LAR thread. I would say yes. If someone puts out a mag "designed for Troy pump rifles", according to our law, it is unregulated. You could, according to our law (not the RCMP obviously) have 100 round drum mags perfectly legally.

CGN frequent flyer
    weld a tab onto metal STANAG mag, now it is no longer functional in STANAG magwell, and therefor no longer an AR mag. Mill PAR receiver to accept newly tabbed mag, de-rivet tabbed mag.

seems simple enough but I'm not sure on legality.
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    We would basically need someone to make a true Canadian version of this style of gun.
    You could probably build a rifle around Remington-700 style magazines.

But bear in mind that Bill Blair can ban anything and everything with the stroke of a pen.
    Just because it's legal today, doesn't mean it won't be illegal next week.
    First PAR submitted to the RCMP had a proprietary high capacity magazine & was rejected by them

gadget
    War Is Never Undertaken by an Ideal State, Except in Defence of its Honour, or its Safety

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    First PAR submitted to the RCMP had a proprietary high capacity magazine & was rejected by them
    A re-labelled AR magazine is not "proprietary".

And it wasn't rejected. It was just called an AR mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Levon12345 View Post
    What would be the shortest barrel length to remain non-restricted with a fixed stock? Would your 9" 300 Blackout build meet the overall length requirements?
    Yes, with the folding stock pinned open. The folding stock is fine with the 16" OEM 5.56mm Barrel.
    Mark C

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast