AR-15 parts that will work with Troy PAR-15

K-C

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Thank you Ryan for bringing these in, I have a "National Match" model and I am very happy with it.

This is a list of AR-15 parts that will work with Troy PAR-15:

AR-15 Bolt Assy Note: remove Gas Ring(s) (BOLT CARRIER will NOT work)
Retaining Pin for Firing Pin (AR-15 Firing Pin will NOT work)
Bolt Cam Pin
AR-15 Trigger Group
Magazine Catch Assy
Pistol Grips incl. "Beavertail" type (works well)
Safety/Selector Assy
Rear Takedown Pin
AR-15 Barrel & Extension with M4 Feed Ramps
>>> Gas Port must be plugged! (Welded, sleeved or hole threaded with Locktite screw?)
>>> Max barrel o.d. forward of the chamber = 1" (to accommodate pump action parts)
>>> Minimum Barrel lengths:
- Folding Stock model = 16" (to stay legal minimum o.a. length)
- Fixed Stock model = 14" (special handguard will not allow shorter)
AR-15 magazines
AR-15 stocks for fixed stock model (Mil-Spec tube diameter)
AR-15 Magazine Well Lock (Franzen etc.)

Other Notes:
I fitted a Troy Rail Section, QARS, 2" on my PAR to accommodate a Bipod (Troy SKU: SRAI-TRX-P2BT-00)
This is the Troy install sheet (PDF) for the later model QARS Rail with individual backers (not the one-piece backer)
https://troyind.com/sites/troyind.com/files/QARS_Installation%20-%20rail%20sections.pdf

Also, I recommend a QD scope mount(s) if you are using a longer scope (~12"+) as the release hole for the BCG is in the top of the hand guard (8 slots in front of the receiver)

This is a download link to a precision exploded diagram with all part numbers that Troy shared with me:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J2X12o5sZxbptdMFadGu2cOsmel53aeh/view?usp=sharing

Anything for me to add or amend? Please just PM me and I will happily modify this first post, cheers!

Notes from others:
"Giessele 2-Stage Triggers do not work"

Last edited:
Thank you Ryan for bringing these in, I have a "National Match" model and I am very happy with it.

This is a list of AR-15 parts that will work with Troy PAR-15:

AR-15 Bolt Assy Note: remove Gas Ring(s) (BOLT CARRIER will NOT work)
Retaining Pin for Firing Pin (AR-15 Firing Pin will NOT work)
Bolt Cam Pin
AR-15 Trigger Group
Magazine Catch Assy
Pistol Grips incl. "Beavertail" type (works well)
Safety/Selector Assy
Rear Takedown Pin
AR-15 Barrel & Extension with M4 Feed Ramps
>>> Gas Port must be plugged! (Welded, sleeved or hole threaded with Locktite screw?)
>>> Max barrel o.d. forward of the chamber = 1" (to accommodate pump action parts)
>>> Minimum Barrel lengths:
- Folding Stock model = 16" (to stay legal minimum o.a. length)
- Fixed Stock model = 14" (special handguard will not allow shorter)
AR-15 magazines
AR-15 stocks for fixed stock model (Mil-Spec tube diameter)
AR-15 Magazine Well Lock (Franzen etc.)

Other Notes:
I fitted a Troy Rail Section, QARS, 2" on my PAR to accommodate a Bipod (Troy SKU: SRAI-TRX-P2BT-00)
Also, I recommend a QD scope mount(s) if you are using a scope as the release hole for the BCG is in the top of the handguard

Anything for me to add or amend? Please just PM me and I will happily modify this first post, cheers!

To plug your gas port, use a low profile gas block installed upside down...

I just picked up an older PAR (no railed Handguard) with a pinned folding Buttstock and the metal fore-end cut-down to the end of the pump mechanism for a 9" .300 Blk Barrel. It also came with the 16" 5.56 mm Barrel for calibre flexibility. $1700 all-in, which isn't bad considering the new MSRP....

Last edited:
Any intel on who has the 2” rail in stock is appreciated. So far all I can find is out of stock or currently unavailable...

To plug your gas port, use a low profile gas block installed upside down...

I agree as long as it is less than 1" o.a. diameter.
I had also looked at the "dimple drilling jigs" that TNA (and others) sell but it appears that they are beyond 1" o.a. dia. - can anyone confirm this please as I don't want to disturb Stanley...

Last edited:
Since these are pump action, could someone make special mags kind of like what DLask did for their version of the 10/22 so they could have say 30 round mags? The receiver would have to be modified, not sure if it can I’ve never touched one but that sure would be fun...

Since these are pump action, could someone make special mags kind of like what DLask did for their version of the 10/22 so they could have say 30 round mags? The receiver would have to be modified, not sure if it can I’ve never touched one but that sure would be fun...

We would basically need someone to make a true Canadian version of this style of gun.
You could probably build a rifle around Remington-700 style magazines.

But bear in mind that Bill Blair can ban anything and everything with the stroke of a pen.
Just because it's legal today, doesn't mean it won't be illegal next week.

There's a discussion about this in the LAR thread. I would say yes. If someone puts out a mag "designed for Troy pump rifles", according to our law, it is unregulated. You could, according to our law (not the RCMP obviously) have 100 round drum mags perfectly legally.

weld a tab onto metal STANAG mag, now it is no longer functional in STANAG magwell, and therefor no longer an AR mag. Mill PAR receiver to accept newly tabbed mag, de-rivet tabbed mag.

seems simple enough but I'm not sure on legality.

We would basically need someone to make a true Canadian version of this style of gun.
You could probably build a rifle around Remington-700 style magazines.

But bear in mind that Bill Blair can ban anything and everything with the stroke of a pen.
Just because it's legal today, doesn't mean it won't be illegal next week.

First PAR submitted to the RCMP had a proprietary high capacity magazine & was rejected by them

gadget

First PAR submitted to the RCMP had a proprietary high capacity magazine & was rejected by them

A re-labelled AR magazine is not "proprietary".

And it wasn't rejected. It was just called an AR mag.

Back
Top Bottom