Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23333536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: TSE to launch a court challenge against the OIC - FILED

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by grox6 View Post
    I'm just happy that TSE's giving us another lottery ticket for the prize of reversing the recent OIC and other FRT issues.
    Me too.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Falling Hammer View Post
    I have to agree, and I would not be happy with the lawyering that went into this filing compared to the filing of the CCFR. The CCFR's lawyers did a much better job on their document. No offence meant to TSE.
    it really boils down to font I found that the CCFR and NFA ones were easier to read because of formatting not because of wording, however I am sure you can find error in all of them. I like all of their arguments, they have all come at it from different angles. CCFR constitutional, NFA the regulation was not reasonable/beyond purview, and TSE both not reasonable/beyond purview and constitution but slightly different because coming from a criminal point of view.

JR maybe if there are funds leftover instead of donating them to the orgs could you donate them to John Hipwell’s challenge if he still needs some funds?

CGN Regular
    Let's get 'er done, boys.

I had no problem following the document. Either way, it's written to be understood by lawyers and judges.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    JR maybe if there are funds leftover instead of donating them to the orgs could you donate them to John Hipwell’s challenge if he still needs some funds?
    We are also pondering that... However, I would first have to get the organizations to agree as I have to abide by what I posted on the GoFundMe description or get them to agree to re-donate to Hipwell.

All of these challenges need to be funded....

If I don't follow the rules exactly, I could get caught up in a ton of refund requests and suffer a HUGE public backlash.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    We are also pondering that... However, I would first have to get the organizations to agree as I have to abide by what I posted on the GoFundMe description or get them to agree to re-donate to Hipwell.

All of these challenges need to be funded....

If I don't follow the rules exactly, I could get caught up in a ton of refund requests and suffer a HUGE public backlash.

JR
    Good point. I know I donated to yours as well as his and I would have no problem with the leftover funds going his way.

Good point. I know I donated to yours as well as his and I would have no problem with the leftover funds going his way.
    I want to make sure John H gets funded and have shared his gofundme as well.

What other people also don't consider is the personal and business costs associated with this: While Wolverine Supplies and others like us fight this fight, we are NOT working on our businesses. We in essence are losing market share and sales to the benefit of competition that gets to sit back and ride this out based on the efforts of the few. Please remember that when deciding on your next purchase.

I know a number of importers and businesses that have been very supportive of the community and fights in general and will never forget them. But there are still lots of businesses and manufacturers that are sitting this out or washing their hands, awaiting an outcome. This should also not be forgotten.

This is a pivotal moment in firearms ownership in Canada.... If you are not for us, you really are against us. This is not an issue like magazine capacity or concealed carry... This is a fundamental fight in democracy and firearms ownership. Period.

TO BE CLEAR: Dozens and Dozens of small shops have donated to each and every fight... We need to see some of the big players step into the ring.

JR
    Last edited by TSE JR; 05-28-2020 at 03:04 PM.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    I want to make sure John H gets funded and have shared his gofundme as well.

What other people also don't consider is the personal and business costs associated with this: While Wolverine Supplies and others like us fight this fight, we are NOT working on our businesses. We in essence are losing market share and sales to the benefit of competition that gets to sit back and ride this out based on the efforts of the few. Please remember that when deciding on your next purchase.

I know a number of importers and businesses that have been very supportive of the community and fights in general and will never forget them. But there are still lots of businesses and manufacturers that are sitting this out or washing their hands, awaiting an outcome. This should also not be forgotten.

This is a pivotal moment in firearms ownership in Canada.... If you are not for us, you really are against us. This is not an issue like magazine capacity or concealed carry... This is a fundamental fight in democracy and firearms ownership. Period.

JR
    I know you do as I know you personally donated to his. Unfortunately John is doing his on his own without Wolverine so we can’t support him through the store and can only support him through his go fund me. I’m glad to see so many stepping up for the fight and working together but I’d hate to see someone who has fought so long and hard get sunk over this. It was just a suggestion and I don’t want you running into trouble for doing it. I have no problem with the money going to the orgs as well. I have memberships in more than one and I have donated to their fights as well.

I know you do as I know you personally donated to his. Unfortunately John is doing his on his own without Wolverine so we can’t support him through the store and can only support him through his go fund me. I’m glad to see so many stepping up for the fight and working together but I’d hate to see someone who has fought so long and hard get sunk over this. It was just a suggestion and I don’t want you running into trouble for doing it. I have no problem with the money going to the orgs as well. I have memberships in more than one and I have donated to their fights as well.
    I agree... While John's fight is his personally and he is "retired" from Wolverine Supplies, let's be realistic... The stronger Wolverine is, the stronger it's ability to "assist" John will be. I personally hope John raises enough from like minded people to not have to pay anything more than the retainer he had to put up.

Just as though I am am hoping I can do the same at TSE: We took a beating during the COVID crap, but this is a fight we must fight.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    I suspect the court may need a day or two to update their website.

The Court of Queens Bench is not an Alberta Federal Court. It is a provincial court.

The OIC is a federal instrument issued under a federal statute. Judicial reviews of the decision to issue an OIC would normally be raised in Federal Court. The Federal Court has branches in most major city centers. You can view them here.

At any time, a point of law can be raised in any provincial court or provincial superior court, as in the Court of Queens Bench. Many constitutional challenges destined for the supreme court start in provincial court rather than federal.

Here is a road map for court cases and subsequent appeals.

When you file in provincial court in Calgary, or Federal court in Calgary, the judges and court staff will probably live in and around Calgary. Whether or not they are a born and bred Albertan will be a total crap shoot.

There are lots of reasons that may influence whether you file one way or the other, a lot of which will depend on the type of arguments you want to make. The jurisdiction of the courts is different, and their range of possible options for resolving the case might be different as well. Provincial court is generally easier to navigate from a procedural point of view, and therefore typically less costly. You may also get a decision faster depending on case load.
    Thank you for the clarification and the link the the courts road map.