Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3040424344454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: TSE to launch a court challenge against the OIC - FILED

Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    It’s time for you to sell your guns and take on another sport.
    With that kind of attitude, I am wondering what the heck you are doing on cgn…
    It seems to be here just to agitate firearm owners on several threads that I have seen. Time for a pink slip.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    To all,

To date, there had been a ton of delay tactics used by the crown. COVID is always the excuse, but we finally have some traction.

The crown initially (and repeatedly) applied for a quick dismissal of jurisdiction but lost out on that one as the court decided our case presented had merit, so we get to proceed.

This is what I just received a few days from my lawyer (in regards to the OIC Challenge):

Dear Mr. Cox.

On March 1st, 2022 your matter has been booked for a 1 day hearing in the Court of Queen’s Bench to have a preliminary hearing on what amounts to issues of jurisdiction for the you, the Shooting Edge and Sterling Arms. As we have discussed, the issue of jurisdiction was going to be the seminal hurdle to overcome in order to secure the advantage of having an Alberta Queens Bench Justice hear your matter as opposed to a Federal Court Justice. If the Court declines jurisdiction, then for all intents and purposes your claim is nullified. If the Court does not decline jurisdiction, then we are still in the game and we will run our proceedings parallel to, and independent of, those in Federal Court.

I do apologize for the delay in getting the matter to this hearing. COVID restrictions and the failure of the injunction application at the Federal Court altered the trajectory of your file. As such the date is the best we could do in the circumstances.

I will be in touch in the near future in respect of filing our materials.

Regards,

Gregory R. Dunn
    Barrister
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Awesome! It appears that 2022 will be the year our fate is decided.
    "If you kill your enemies, they win" - Justin Trudeau

Quote Originally Posted by Dancewithcrows View Post
    Awesome! It appears that 2022 will be the year our fate is decided.
    Unfortunately, with"you know who" at the reigns, I really fear our fate is sealed. With CCFR losing the battle then private outlets may be S.O.L, therefore we all lose. Tyranny at its worst. The government has gone berserk at the hands of two specific people.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OracleBryston1 View Post
    Unfortunately, with"you know who" at the reigns, I really fear our fate is sealed. With CCFR losing the battle then private outlets may be S.O.L, therefore we all lose. Tyranny at its worst. The government has gone berserk at the hands of two specific people.
    Why is the CCFR losing their battle? Did I miss something. Who is "you know who"?

CGN Regular
    I'm at a loss in regards to this as well. I haven't seen CCFR lose anything and I hope i don't!

Quote Originally Posted by Armourall View Post
    Why is the CCFR losing their battle? Did I miss something. Who is "you know who"?
    Last edited by Castle1; 03-12-2022 at 09:32 PM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    To all,

To date, there had been a ton of delay tactics used by the crown. COVID is always the excuse, but we finally have some traction.

The crown initially (and repeatedly) applied for a quick dismissal of jurisdiction but lost out on that one as the court decided our case presented had merit, so we get to proceed.

This is what I just received a few days from my lawyer (in regards to the OIC Challenge):

Dear Mr. Cox.

On March 1st, 2022 your matter has been booked for a 1 day hearing in the Court of Queen’s Bench to have a preliminary hearing on what amounts to issues of jurisdiction for the you, the Shooting Edge and Sterling Arms. As we have discussed, the issue of jurisdiction was going to be the seminal hurdle to overcome in order to secure the advantage of having an Alberta Queens Bench Justice hear your matter as opposed to a Federal Court Justice. If the Court declines jurisdiction, then for all intents and purposes your claim is nullified. If the Court does not decline jurisdiction, then we are still in the game and we will run our proceedings parallel to, and independent of, those in Federal Court.

I do apologize for the delay in getting the matter to this hearing. COVID restrictions and the failure of the injunction application at the Federal Court altered the trajectory of your file. As such the date is the best we could do in the circumstances.

I will be in touch in the near future in respect of filing our materials.

Regards,

Gregory R. Dunn
    Barrister
    So where is this now that this date has past? Do you need more money??

Great news, thanks for continuing the fight!

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Brief update:

We had our first day in court.... low and behold... the judge assigned the case actually was a candidate for the Liberal party in the last election... (insert eye roll)

Obviously our legal team protested and won to have the judge excused...

New date with new judge in August / September.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans