Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31414344454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: TSE to launch a court challenge against the OIC - FILED

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Brief update:

We had our first day in court.... low and behold... the judge assigned the case actually was a candidate for the Liberal party in the last election... (insert eye roll)

Obviously our legal team protested and won to have the judge excused...

New date with new judge in August / September.

JR
    That in itself is a small victory! The inherent delay not so much... But you could have been stuck with that obviously Liberal judge.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    The swamp is deep. Still good to hear a step forward was made.
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.

CGN Regular
    I would like to share my appreciation for all who are fighting this battle because unfortunatly you are fighting for me as I no longer am able finacially to support.
    Make a long story short, thanks to scum bag scammer and a B.S. justice sytem I got sued for something i didnt do and lost alot of money I didnt have.
    To make things worse at the same time my brother and i got screwed out of our share of an inheritencw from my dad by my step sister and lost my share $1'250'000 . Yes over $1 million and cant afford to pay attention anymore. As it was all coming to an end the cat dies and my t.v. blew in the same night. All though it isnt a big problem for some it has kind of put me over the edge where I have given up fighting as it seems all I have be doing all my life and have finally given up.
    I thank everyone and mean it,for helping people like my broke ass. At
    Thank you so much for sticking together as gun owners as a whole.
    It starts with restricted next it will be hunting. Everyone needs to work as a team and appreciate you all.
    Just know people like me thank you dearly.
    It is appreciated and thank you.
    Last edited by Blindeyes; 04-22-2022 at 06:59 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 53Izzy744's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    That in itself is a small victory! The inherent delay not so much... But you could have been stuck with that obviously Liberal judge.
    Didnt Tamara Lich win her appeal on the basis the original judge was a liberal candidate?
    Sweet songs never last too long on broken radios

$$ incoming.
    WOW! is that FULLY SEMI AUTOMATIC!

CGN Regular
    We had our first day in court.... low and behold... the judge assigned the case actually was a candidate for the Liberal party in the last election... (insert eye roll)
    Heavy donor? Or candidate? There was criticism over the appointment of Bourque and Aloneissi as large LPC donors, but I didn't know any recent candidates got appointed.

Quote Originally Posted by 53Izzy744 View Post
    Didnt Tamara Lich win her appeal on the basis the original judge was a liberal candidate?
    As far as I know, although Lich's lawyer raised that concern after her first hearing, Justice John Johnston's decision was based on the facts of the case, not any assertion of bias by Justice Bourgeois.

Justice John Johnston could have had the same accusation levied him as he ran as a Conservative candidate in the 2000 election.

But both Justice Johnston and Justice Bourgeois's candidacy were far less of a concern in Lich's case, than the TSE case where the Justice was likely involved in campaigning to support the OIC and legislation in extremely recent time frames. It's absurd that the Justice didn't recuse him/herself given that.

It's not surprising we see conflict issues though when the freaking Liberal Government didn't stop vetting Justices against their party membership list until June last year.
    Last edited by Botts; 04-22-2022 at 08:21 PM.

This war must be fought on many fronts!

The Shooting Edge along with Target Sports Canada and some “friends” have decided to initiate a legal challenge on the Trudeau government's sporting rifle gun ban.

We believe this sweeping ban was utterly undemocratic and we believe, downright criminal.

Even the CBC is starting to agree: https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/opin...tics-1.5556541

As a Veteran, firearms business owner, competition shooter and a believer in democracy, I have been put in a position where I cannot sit back and let things happen passively around me. It is time to gear up and fight!

Over the past 10 days I have had productive discussions with various firearms groups across the country including the CCFR and the CSSA as well as the Alberta Government. We believe we have come up with numerous strategies to launch specific challenges on cabinet's ability to pass sweeping firearms restrictions without legislative oversight.

Although we hope there are going to be other challenges mounted by other firearms interest groups across the country, we believe that a compelling case needs a compelling victim and no one has been hit harder than individual small business firearm retailers in this country.

Our challenge is NOT a Charter Section 7 Challenge, which is what the CCFR is launching. We are launching a criminal court legal challenge and expect to file in the next few weeks. We don't want to make any mistakes, so the research MUST be done first.

Again: This war must be fought on many fronts. At this time, we have no idea what will succeed but feel confident that our position(s) against this OIC are solid.

We have assembled a legal team which is second-to-none with depth and breadth of experience in criminal and constitutional law. Greg Dunn and Caitlin Taylor from the criminal defense firm of Dunn and Associate s https://www.dunnandassociates.ca/ as well as Brendan Miller from the long-standing Calgary litigation firm of Walsh LLP https://www.walshlaw.ca/will be leading our fight.

The Shooting Edge has already funded the retainer for our legal team and is willing to forge ahead regardless of financial support from our community; however any help will be gratefully and gladly accepted.
    We are launching this campaign to raise funds to be used specifically for this challenge. We have asked our external Chartered Accountants to oversee this fundraising so that there will be 100% accountability and transparency in our fundraising efforts.

The GOFUNDME is here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/jumaq-fight-the-oic-in-court

Funds will be collected, held, and then only transferred directly to the legal beneficiary.

If at the end of this fight, regardless of the outcome, there are funds left over; we pledge to have the donated funds divided EQUALLY between the CCFR , CSSA and the NFA . (and the accounting firm will make sure that happens!)

Sincerely,

JR Cox

Owner
    The Shooting Edge (Calgary) and Target Sports Canada (Toronto)
    I will gladly donate to a worthy cause, but I refuse to use gofundme. That site is a ticking time bomb for any cause that doesn't align with the leftist agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Botts View Post
    Heavy donor? Or candidate? There was criticism over the appointment of Bourque and Aloneissi as large LPC donors, but I didn't know any recent candidates got appointed.

As far as I know, although Lich's lawyer raised that concern after her first hearing, Justice John Johnston's decision was based on the facts of the case, not any assertion of bias by Justice Bourgeois.

Justice John Johnston could have had the same accusation levied him as he ran as a Conservative candidate in the 2000 election.

But both Justice Johnston and Justice Bourgeois's candidacy were far less of a concern in Lich's case, than the TSE case where the Justice was likely involved in campaigning to support the OIC and legislation in extremely recent time frames. It's absurd that the Justice didn't recuse him/herself given that.

It's not surprising we see conflict issues though when the freaking Liberal Government didn't stop vetting Justices against their party membership list until June last year.
    "Liberal-list" or die as they say

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ipscshooters's Avatar
    Brief update:

Obviously our legal team protested and won to have the judge excused...

New date with new judge in August / September.

JR
    Any more updates ? Haven't heard anything since April

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ipscshooters's Avatar
    Bump for updates????