Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 212141516171819202122

Thread: Support Erin O'toole, become a member today!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by vickers vanguard View Post
    I looked it up yesterday, and nothing points to the guy being a hard core Islamist like some people here claim ( but again there might more to the story). He’s a globalist though....and that bothers me a lot when it comes to policies like gun control and such. Now, I noticed a huge bias here when it comes to muslims, and that is a huge downside for our community. The goal is to unite people with the same values, social values, freedoms...and not repel a group that represent big votes and hand them over to the liberals, because that is exactly what’s happening. How do I know that ? I am a Muslim myself, and cherish my freedoms and what my kids are going to end up with in the future. If you want to be in power, you need the big cities, and if you want the big cities, you need to win the votes of what USED TINBE minorities. We need to unite people, is it that hard to understand ? You’ll be surprised how many social values we share, and how our views of a free society is pretty much yours.i have been a CPC member for few years now, just because it’s the party that represents most my social and political views. But more importantly, it’s the one that will most likely help us maintain the freedoms we are slowly losing. Is it perfect ? #### no. There are few things that bothers me, and I find it more than awkward .
    Here’s few examples :
    1- I look at Lewis’s profile and it’s very appealing. But she lacks the experience and she’s not very convincing when she talks. But then, you look at her agenda and you see this “ I will move the Canadian embassy to Jerusalem “ ???????? What the hell this has to do with Canada , other than pleasing some religious zealots in Israel, and trying to please and secure the support of some powerful groups here ....which seem to worry more about a country halfway across the world than the one they live in.
    2- you often see Pierre Poilievre these days talking on different media, good. He’s got a good background, knows how to talks..etc etc etc. Can anyone explain to me why in heaven all his videos are shot with a background that includes an Israeli Flag in plain view...and no Canadian flag is seen as you’d expect from a Canadian MP ??? Again, another guy who tries to please a specific group..for what again ?

Conservatism should start by looking at your own people and the interests of the country we live in.....and not someone’s else country.
    Agreed.

I was stunned when I saw the Embassy bit in Lewis’ platform as well. Why create an issue where there isn’t one, especially one that has nothing to do with us as a country.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Midnight Rider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TT1900 View Post
    Agreed.

I was stunned when I saw the Embassy bit in Lewis’ platform as well. Why create an issue where there isn’t one, especially one that has nothing to do with us as a country.
    I suspect there is a lot that we don't know about her beliefs . I just find it very odd that someone wants the most powerful political job in Canada ; yet she has never held any type of political office before , and has zero track record or political experience . It makes one wonder if she has some type of agenda , and what that agenda might be .
    " SUPER BIKES RULE.....! " " Speed Costs....How Much Do You Want To Spend ! "

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rider View Post
    I suspect there is a lot that we don't know about her beliefs . I just find it very odd that someone wants the most powerful political job in Canada ; yet she has never held any type of political office before , and has zero track record or political experience . It makes one wonder if she has some type of agenda , and what that agenda might be .
    So someone has no experience being a corrupt politician so they must be corrupt. Makes sense...

CGN Regular
    Unfortunately, this country has gone 2/3 to the left. We need somebody who has a chance of winning. Sloan has a great firearms platform from what I read, and while I think Dr.Tam deserves severe criticism, the way he spoke out about it pretty much wrote off his election chances this time around. Lewis and O'Toole both sound like good Candidates, but O'Toole is a fairly fresh politician, largely unknown to Canadians, and Lewis has never held office. While Scheer suffered from his unwillingness to participate in a pride parade, and ####ty climate change plan, he also suffered alot because Canadians just had no idea who he was. And the Liberals were able to paint the picture they wanted of him, and have it stick.
    I think Mackay is the optimal choice.
    - Mackay has many years in politics, holding some of the biggest Ministerial positions; Minister of Defence, Minister of Justice and Minister of Foreign Affairs. Ironically enough the leaders of all current parties have never been cabinet ministers.
    - Trudeau preaches diversity. Mackay lives it - he's married to an Iranian born woman, and has three children with her. The Liberals won't be able to brand him as intolerant.
    - Mackay, being a long time Maritimer, could bring the Atlantic provinces back. Last election, despite gaining few seats, many races were quite tight in Atlantic Canada, a current liberal Stronghold (seat wise).
    - Mackay is moderate enough to appeal to the Urban voters in places like the 905 and Montreal.

I'm not putting down the other Candidates. But Mackay has the best chance of Winning and winning a majority, where I'm not sure I even see a possible win for the other Candidates, at least for the next election.
    Last edited by PSYLNZ; 05-19-2020 at 07:29 AM. Reason: grammar error

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    We are no better than other parties. We are divided as hell. We need to come together put our wants aside and elect one candidate that will win the urban vote! IMHO that is Lewis. We need a firm commitment to win this or lose it all.

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYLNZ View Post
    Unfortunately, this country has gone 2/3 to the left. We need somebody who has a chance of winning. Sloan has a great firearms platform from what I read, and while I think Dr.Tam deserves severe criticism, the way he spoke out about it pretty much wrote off his election chances this time around. Lewis and O'Toole both sound like good Candidates, but O'Toole is a fairly fresh politician, largely unknown to Canadians, and Lewis has never held office. While Scheer suffered from his unwillingness to participate in a pride parade, and ####ty climate change plan, he also suffered alot because Canadians just had no idea who he was. And the Liberals were able to paint the picture they wanted of him, and have it stick.
    I think Mackay is the optimal choice.
    - Mackay has many years in politics, holding some of the biggest Ministerial positions; Minister of Defence, Minister of Justice and Minister of Foreign Affairs. Ironically enough the leaders of all current parties have never been cabinet ministers.
    - Trudeau preaches diversity. Mackay lives it - he's married to an Iranian born woman, and has three children with her. The Liberals won't be able to brand him as intolerant.
    - Mackay, being a long time Maritimer, could bring the Atlantic provinces back. Last election, despite gaining few seats, many races were quite tight in Atlantic Canada, a current liberal Stronghold (seat wise).
    - Mackay is moderate enough to appeal to the Urban voters in places like the 905 and Montreal.

I'm not putting down the other Candidates. But Mackay has the best chance of Winning and winning a majority, where I'm not sure I even see a possible win for the Candidates, at least for the next election.
    I will say this write-up is excellent. I still feel LEWIS could be our chance.