Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Support Erin O'toole, become a member today!

Quote Originally Posted by TT1900 View Post
    Exactly, nobody normal brings it up because the issue has been decided. Yet some social conservatives would love to reverse previous decisions on the topic, a fact that can be used against them very effectively. Look how it went for Scheer.
    I find that it is the corrupt media that keeps twisting the abortion knife, they know it is an effective wedge issue. Conservatives need to put a stop to media control of the narrative.
    Politicians are like #### stars, experts at switching positions while under the spotlight.
    I was socially distant and self-isolated long before it was cool.

Lewis doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell... Social Conservative views = non-starter for the majority of Canadians. Only chance is MacKay as he can run up the middle. Not ideal for some of you, but you need to drop the idealism for realism.
    Cheers,

Kyle

CGN frequent flyer
    ^ See, it’s already started. Too many white pointy hats quietly hiding inside the ranks of the Conservative party for Lewis to stand a chance.

Also don’t see what’s wrong with a Somalian immigrant being the immigration minister. I suspect he can better comprehend the intricacies and complications of immigration than most.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by redneck.45 View Post
    I find that it is the corrupt media that keeps twisting the abortion knife, they know it is an effective wedge issue. Conservatives need to put a stop to media control of the narrative.

Yeah, because the media did Trudeau so many favours? Private islands, F35’s, visit to India, Admiral Norman, SNC, Blackface, running stories on how he nearly dicked away the TPP.

The media aren’t corrupt, they’re just a bunch of vultures and will prey on anything that gets them fed. Abortion is one of those topics. So are guns. So is immigration. The questions will be asked and unfortunately politics is an exclusionary choice. It doesn’t matter if 99% of your platform is agreeable or intelligent, one wrong answer or disagreeable view can make you un-electable.

Quote Originally Posted by auracle View Post
    Why do you think she cant represent your interests if both of you have philosophically conservative views? I cant wait for your response. I vote for people who dont look like me all the time.
    Because im not being sold on the lie that "Canada is a country built on immigration!" so i should boost someone to run my country just because that's their "story". Canada was settled and built by Europeans. like it or lump it. Imagine shilling identity politics just like the LiEbErAls,, We may as well elect some trans as long as they're conservative amirite?!

"I vote for people who dont look like me all the time" - OK...

^ See, it’s already started. Too many white pointy hats quietly hiding inside the ranks of the Conservative party for Lewis to stand a chance.

Also don’t see what’s wrong with a Somalian immigrant being the immigration minister. I suspect he can better comprehend the intricacies and complications of immigration than most.
    Ouch! Oh you dont do you? looks like we have too many bleeding hearts hiding inside the ranks of the Conservative party for Canada to stand a chance!

CGN frequent flyer
    I've listened to interviews from both Lewis and OToole.

IMO OToole is much more articulate and confident. These are important qualities for dealing with the media, but also for putting up a strong political fight. I personally don't think Lewis has even a slight chance at a majority, which is what gun owners ultimately need.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

can you ask that criminal party immigration minister why so many 3rd world immigrants have been fast tracked to citizenship for the last election yet my wife who immigrated to Canada to escape the war in bosnia has been waiting 5 years and had to get our MP Cathy Mcleod involved to investigate my wife's "lost" citizenship application.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by afehr2 View Post
    Abortion is that big of a topic? We need a government that minds its own business. Less is more.
    That's why abortion is such a big topic. The government has no business in women's uteruses. There are a LOT more people who will never vote for a pro-life then there are that feel strongly about the gun debate even if you add both side. This is one of the largest issues that sank Scheer.

If the CPC comes out with another religious extremist that makes Jagmeet Singh look like a moderate, they can kiss goodbye any chance of gains east of saskatoon. They literally have an unwinnable election in their hands. In this scenario, we're looking at a liberal majority.

The perfect candidate would be a fiscally responsible, socially progressive white female from Toronto. She would kill in the polls in Ontario, especially in urban and suburband Toronto, where gains are possible and need to be made. She'd also be a very acceptable candidate in BC, QC and Atlantic. The west will vote CPC even if their leader is a cancer mole, so no problem there.

None of the candidates fit that bill. Not even close. The most electable is probably O'toole. He wins by default. His best chance to win is a good performance from the ndp, bloc and/or greens.
    Last edited by VinnyQC; 05-12-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainin View Post
    Yes and Dr. Leslyn Lewis who was the first to speak out against the gun ban, is more likely to win the election against Justin IMHO.

The average liberal voter might just look at O'Toole and think Scheer 2.0
    I agree. I've heard liberals saying they'd rather run against O'Toole, Lewis makes them uncomfortable hitting too many of their diversity checkmarks (not that it stops them from bashing anyone not-left, anyway).