Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kel-Tec KSG25 12ga Bullpup Shotgun Non-Restricted

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mr. Friendly's Avatar
    how impossible would it be to fit something like this with chokes, so it could be used for skeet n trap n the like?
    power corrupts, but absolute power is kinda cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    Just for info, I called Keltec to try to get a confirmation on this...

unfortunately, they confirmed the opposite ...
    That's weird because I definitely didn't get mine from Vault. TBH I don't remember where I bought it but I think it was from a place in the Maritimes. I'll see if I can find my receipt. It was about 8 years ago, though.

I know they definitely will not ship across the border so sending it to them for work is a non-starter. But I definitely got warranty work done in Canada. Damn, wish I could remember the details.

FWIW that feed issue was common in the early KSGs and once it was fixed I had zero issues with that gun. I'm certain I put at least 1000 shells through it without a hitch.

The KSG is just crazy obnoxious fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxPl-uPCutE
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post
    how impossible would it be to fit something like this with chokes, so it could be used for skeet n trap n the like?
    Not sure, but working on the front end requires a proprietary barrel nut wrench that isn't included. I was able to jury-rig a car antenna wrench to do the job but it was a PITA. One thing, if you buy the shorter (original) KSG the pump action ends *at* the muzzle, so you want to either put a brake on it or something to ensure your hand doesn't slip off the foregrip and into the line of fire. I put a 45 degree grip on the front and an "Enforcer" brake and that works for me.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

Hi there
    Youzawhale is 100% correct on this. Keltec is in the process of burning me on a brand new RDB-C I purchased which is missing a part. Unknowingly I purchased a Grey Market rifle which is missing a tiny peice. Doesn't look like anyone is going to help me and Keltec doesn't consider me a customer. Funny though as at some point they made money off the sale of that rifle, they certainly didn't donate it. I have been forced to do a bunch or research on this subject because if this. Seems like the grey market issue has been going on for them for quite a while, the measures they are taking to stop it are ridiculous at best. Vault has a letter from Keltec explaining their stance but how are you supposed to see that letter before an issue arises. The other measure they are taking is including a certificate of ownership with your purchase indicating the rifle was intended for the canadian market and to contact Vault for service. This is also ineffective, how are you supposed to know you were supposed to get this certificate until they ask you if you got one. Keltec doesn't indicate this anywhere on the website. They sold me on a warranty then refused me, my only mistake apparently was buying their product. They basically tell you your warranty is no good then send you back to your dealer like a heat seeking missile to fight their fight for them. They don't care about the people who bought these firearms. Look at it this way, Keltec made their money, even better they don't have to actualy warranty the product. Dealer makes money by selling firearm, sorry no refunds. Vault makes money by now charging you for service that should have been free with your warranty they rejected. Where is the actual motivation for Keltec to stop this from happening, win win for everyone except the customer. If it has your name on it and you are the original owner the firearm should be under warranty, bottom line Keltec, smarten up!!
    Regards

CGN frequent flyer
    It would be interesting to take someone to court over it, im certain a judge would rule in favor of a customer who made a purchase in good faith.

I personally got lucky, I learned about all of this before I received my grey market firearm so I was able to refuse the parcel and return it to the retailer. I would be livid if I was in Mephistoe's shoes (ha!), and i'd probably go ahead and sue in small claims court.

I don't think Keltec are the bad guys here, who is actually refusing the warranty work /in Canada/?

Keltec ~or~ the "official" importer, distributor and representative of the company here, Vault? Who do you think coined "grey market firearm"?... you think Keltec wants their products labeled that way?

The exclusivity deal only benefits Vault. Keltec wants their products sold and serviced everywhere, like any manufacturer of anything.

Hello Kabla,
    Great point and I was truly hoping the same thing. Unfortunately the sad truth is that Keltec directed me directly to Vaul with my issue. Vault is in possession of a letter fro Keltec confirming all of this and it is posted on Vaults site. I actually don't blame Vault at all, I would fight for my exclusive rights too, they seem nice there. Keltec is in complete support of this and are the ones refusing to honour their warranty. As I mentioned this does benefit Keltec as they made their money from the sale on way or another but they don't have to warranty these ones, great for them!!
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Mephistoe View Post
    Hello Kabla,
    Great point and I was truly hoping the same thing. Unfortunately the sad truth is that Keltec directed me directly to Vaul with my issue. Vault is in possession of a letter fro Keltec confirming all of this and it is posted on Vaults site. I actually don't blame Vault at all, I would fight for my exclusive rights too, they seem nice there. Keltec is in complete support of this and are the ones refusing to honour their warranty. As I mentioned this does benefit Keltec as they made their money from the sale on way or another but they don't have to warranty these ones, great for them!!

Regards
    Sorry for the follow up, I'm getting nervous seeing these new shotguns dropping, the warranty won't be honoured as they did not come in through Vault. Lots of folks will get burned like I did.

CGN frequent flyer
    Personally i can understand Keltec's stance. If the gun doesn't go thtough their official channels, then they have no way to know what happened to the gun, if it was modified which would void the warranty, etc. For all they know it could be a used gun that found its way back to a US distributor and then exported to Canada.

North Sylva is probably the true culprit here, they know about this, they still import grey market guns knowing full well they wont/cant honor the keltec warranty on them, and they still distribute these guns without a "no warranty" notice to the retailer/customer.

People should know what they're buying. Keltec and Vault both have clear info on the matter but cant do much more than make it available on their website. North Sylva is tye one keeping everyone in the dark.

Keltec told me they get that canadian warranty issue call every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    Personally i can understand Keltec's stance. If the gun doesn't go thtough their official channels, then they have no way to know what happened to the gun, if it was modified which would void the warranty, etc. For all they know it could be a used gun that found its way back to a US distributor and then exported to Canada.

North Sylva is probably the true culprit here, they know about this, they still import grey market guns knowing full well they wont/cant honor the keltec warranty on them, and they still distribute these guns without a "no warranty" notice to the retailer/customer.

People should know what they're buying. Keltec and Vault both have clear info on the matter but cant do much more than make it available on their website. North Sylva is tye one keeping everyone in the dark.

Keltec told me they get that canadian warranty issue call every week.
    Thank you for saying this Youzawhale,
    I have been waiting for someone to make this connection. My only chance of getting help with my issue at this point is through the distributor you mentioned. I figured my chances would be zero if I openly start criticizing them on here. I partially agree that Keltec are somewhat justified, at the same time being on the recieving end of this is infuriating,I even spoke to Keltec leading up to my purchase directly and they explained that Vault would take of me past purchase. No mention of grey market guns no mention of certificate of authenticity or whatever they are choosing to call it . No doubt had I gone the one step further and also called Vault, I would have found this out, that's a lot of work to give a company your money. Well worth the time investment though apparently.

There is something very broken with what's going on here. Keltec was friendly and provided a good response, Vault was very friendly and provided great information as much as I didn't want to hear it. The dealer selling these rifles was passionate about the product,responsive, friendly, patient and efficient. All of this should be forming the golden triangle of a fantastic user experience start to finish. Instead we get this.....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast