Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Savage Axis II Scout 7.62x39 Sts Accu Trigger w. Muzzle Break

Savage Axis II Scout 7.62x39 Sts Accu Trigger w. Muzzle Break

The savage Axis II scout feautres a 20" barrel, muzzle brake, peep sights and is chambered in 7.62x39. It also has a scout rail installed.
    Specifications:

Name:  869_1.jpg
Views: 4614
Size:  16.5 KB
    Name:  869_img_356.jpg
Views: 4626
Size:  28.0 KB

Got lucky and purchased one yesterday at the sale price. Looking forward to see how it shoots

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gnome75's Avatar
    Are there any larger magazine options? I would want at least 5 round magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome75 View Post
    Are there any larger magazine options? I would want at least 5 round magazines.
    Look up "savage axis high cap magazines" on youtube and you can find a couple videos of people doing a diy job of getting higher capacity. It pretty much has to do with taking a magazine, chopping off the top 1.5-2 inches, cutting a hole in the bottom of the axis mag, and using JB weld to glue the remaining mag length on the bottom of the axis magazine to get around 20 round capacity. I ordered a fab defense 7.62x39 polymer mag to do this myself. A little janky but it works, even thehuntinggearguy did it to one of his.

Pretty sure this is legal since it would only fit in savage axis bolt guns. Also you could probably use tapco sks mags as a substitute for 7.62x39 pmags or vz58 mags since they're the only polymer option available out there right now

Quote Originally Posted by BoogalooNib View Post
    Look up "savage axis high cap magazines" on youtube and you can find a couple videos of people doing a diy job of getting higher capacity. It pretty much has to do with taking a magazine, chopping off the top 1.5-2 inches, cutting a hole in the bottom of the axis mag, and using JB weld to glue the remaining mag length on the bottom of the axis magazine to get around 20 round capacity. I ordered a fab defense 7.62x39 polymer mag to do this myself. A little janky but it works, even thehuntinggearguy did it to one of his.

Pretty sure this is legal since it would only fit in savage axis bolt guns. Also you could probably use tapco sks mags as a substitute for 7.62x39 pmags or vz58 mags since they're the only polymer option available out there right now
    Funny you should post this. Been talking to my biz partner james about maybe designing a mag for it
    I'd love to see this with a 10 or 15 round magazine

I am in for more than one mag Simon
    As I just got one of these rifles

Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    Funny you should post this. Been talking to my biz partner james about maybe designing a mag for it
    I wouldn't be opposed to something like a carbon fiber 3d printed design bonded onto the original metal portion with a removal base. The original magazines are too expensive imo so it would be nice to see something that would hopefully be less than 100 bucks. Also I'll post results here with the magazine attached if I remember

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gnome75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    I would take the rifle and 4 mags in either of those sizes. Assuming the mags are affordable

Btt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    Do you have extra mags for this
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast