Difference between steel jerry cans and Premium quality jerry cans ?

I don't know of the specific jerry cans you're speaking of, but look for a youtube video on the differences between cheap jerry cans and expensive jerry cans. There is a huge difference between the chinesium stuff and the premium stuff for sure even though they look really similar.

I think premium ones have nicer welds and the interior of the can has a coating to prevent rust. There are probably more information found on YouTube like previous poster mentioned.

Premium can has:

better paint
fully welded handle
thicker metal
internal paint
stouter locking pin

I use the regular cans because they are about a pound lighter and I just store fuel and don't really care about the paint.

Premium can has:

better paint
fully welded handle
thicker metal
internal paint
stouter locking pin

I use the regular cans because they are about a pound lighter and I just store fuel and don't really care about the paint.

Thanks CanAm that was the awnser I was expecting

After reading online I guess the ''premium'' ones are Valpro's

If so, why don't you advertize them as such ? Partnumbers are VPred and VPgrn I guess I now know what the VP stands for...

Cheers !

I believe Metal cans are far superior for longer term storage. HDPE cans are only meant to transfer fuel not store. Note Race fuel does not come in plastic cans. I have several of CanadaAmmo’s premium cans, they are spectacular!

I agree the metal CanadaAmmo cans look absolutely gorgeous. Do you have any sources to back up your claim of metal cans being far superior to HDPE ones for longer term storage? I would like to read more about this subject.

HDPE will never rust, steel has the NATO badass look

Steel will stand up to rough use, if you drag your can behind your APC or Tank Mad Max style, or if you like to toss it off of your roof

Back
Top Bottom