Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: More ar like firearms going prohib

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny the boy View Post
    Another IDIOT officer bag licking to the Liberal demigods to get a fat paying position in govt.Nothing new really. What a piece of Sh*t!
    i thought members of the forces were not allowed to state their opinion?

Keene has not been a serving member since he retired in 2006, and as stated he was a reserve officer (initially armour but then his unit changed to infantry). He found his calling as a Public Affairs Officer as in real life he was a journalist, as previously stated the farthest possible thing from a weapons expert. I had a Public Affairs Officer who had mostly spent his career with JTF2 (and had to listen to all his stories on the plane ride into theatre) fire a 9mm round from his Browning while clearing it off the tarmac at Kandahar Airfield while standing under the wing of a US C-130 Herc, frigging assclown but at least he didn't shoot himself in the foot like the author stated was so prevalent in the CAF. I love how the CBC rolls out these pundits that have zero credibility and the majority of the population eats this up, would like to see our support networks write a publicized rebuttal.

How does one get access to the FRT in order to see the additions, every time I try the RCMP website link for the public it goings into a death spiral?

Thanks

Are they on the pdf available to the public yet?

Quote Originally Posted by josh1r View Post
    You're allowed to use them for the next 2 years at least.
    If it was non restricted the OIC says you can maintain using
    it for the amnesty period.
    Really? I’m pretty sure anything that is now prohibited must now stay in your safe . NOT ALLOWED TO USE IT AT ALL

The public PDF version is the one that I cannot get to open on any of my devices or PC

Not defending this, just clarifying what is on the RCMP webpage given what was posted:

Owners of newly prohibited firearms and devices are to keep them securely stored in accordance with their previous classification. The Display, Storage, Transportation and Handling of Firearms by Individuals Regulations (the Regulations) are available on the Department of Justice website.
    Newly prohibited firearms and devices cannot be sold or imported.
    Newly prohibited firearms and devices may only be transported under limited circumstances.*
    Newly prohibited firearms and devices cannot be legally used for hunting unless allowed through the amnesty.**
    Newly prohibited firearms cannot be used for sport shooting, either at a range or elsewhere.

I read the legislation thoroughly. It states the following about the amnesty period and usage of the previously non restricted, but newly prohibited weapons.
    here it is.

"The Amnesty Order has been made to protect affected individuals who (1) were in legal possession of a newly prohibited firearm or prohibited device at the time the Regulations came into force, and, (2) continue to hold a valid licence during the amnesty period, from criminal liability for unlawful possession of a prohibited firearm in order to afford the individuals with time to dispose of the firearms. Disposal can include: having the firearm deactivated by an approved business; delivering the firearm or device to a police officer; legally exporting the firearm; and, if a business, returning the firearm or device to the manufacturer. Other permitted activities during the amnesty period are to transport the firearm for any of the above purposes and to use the newly prohibited firearm, if previously non-restricted, to hunt for the purposes of sustenance or to exercise a right recognized and affirmed by section 35 of the Constitution Act, 1982 (the Constitution). Individuals are no longer allowed to import the firearms listed in the Regulations. Affected owners will no longer be permitted to sell to individuals within Canada or use the prohibited firearms, and no transportation will be permitted except for the purposes described above. The firearms will have to be kept securely stored in accordance with the legal storage requirements for the classification of the specified firearms prior to their prohibition.

Individuals may transport the firearms one time to return home with the firearm if it was not at the owner’s residence at the time the prohibition came into force, or, if not the owner and in possession of the firearm on the day the prohibition came into force, return the firearm to its owner.

The amnesty period begins on the date of coming into force of the Amnesty Order and expires on April 30, 2022. Upon the expiration of the Amnesty Order, individuals who are in possession of a prohibited firearm or prohibited device could be prosecuted for unlawful possession."

Source is the gazette of canada http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/2020/2020-05-01-x3/html/sor-dors96-eng.html

The part that im talking about is "If previously non-restricted, to hunt for the purposes of sustance or to exercise a right recognized and affirmed by section 35 of the Constitution Act.

True North Arms Corp. The legislation as it stands states that only the upper and lower receivers are to be prohibited.
    But it does not mention the prohibition of any of the internal/external parts, and according to the legislation, and amnesty
    period, you as a provider of parts of these NON-RESTRICTED rifles should be allowed to continue acquiring them through
    import and should be allowed to continue selling them until at least when the amnesty period runs out.

At that point, there would be no legal way to use any of the above mentioned newly prohibited and therefor one could no
    longer argue my above point as mentioned.

As the legislation states, you are allowed to continue selling parts for all of the newly prohibited, but previously non restricted
    rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastLowbedder View Post
    Really? I’m pretty sure anything that is now prohibited must now stay in your safe . NOT ALLOWED TO USE IT AT ALL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jonnyboy1014's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippygunman View Post
    Damit all. What are they going to leave me to shoot?
    Sling shot
    BEWARE OF FOREIGN INFLUENCE
    A Vote For Trudeau Is A Vote For Communist China
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2353593-CSIS-documents-reveal-Chinese-strategy-to-influence-2021-election

TNA you have been my go to for parts for a long time, you guys ROCK. I really don't need anything right now but I'm going to place an order today. I sincerely hope your business will survive this madness and thrive once again when it is over.
    Randy
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy, it is to be useful, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast