Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MH now prohibited?

Quote Originally Posted by aakoksal View Post
    It appears MH is now prohibited. I was wondering if you have any insight as to the justification of MH being included in the OIC... What a BS this is...!!!
    No justification needed, JT and BB said they would just add stuff as they go along (much like they are running the Govt. No plan).
    "If you wanted me to fix it right it would have cost you more"

"Canadian Law Comments:

This firearm design is derived from an amalgamation of several different firearm designs and does not trace its design lineage directly or uniquely to a "prohibited" or a "restricted" firearm found in the Regulations appended to the Criminal Code."

...yet, it's now prohibited. Thanks JT, BB, and HR.
    "No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave." - James Burgh

The cake is a lie.

It’s a very nebulous term “variants and modified versions” of. The RCMP have already said it’s not a variant of the ar15 and they are the authority so it’s not one. What does modified version of mean? If the Modern sported isn’t an ar15 or a variant of one I fail to see how it could be a modified version of one. If something is a modified version it started out as the item and was modified correct?

Any device designed to accelerate an object in such a way that it can be reliably and repeatably used to strike another object at a distance is going to be prohibited before too long. When laws are written so poorly they start to bleed out into their surroundings with (in this case intended, even if) unpredictable results. Neither you or anything you think you own is safe.

The Mossberg 715P was also deem a AR15 !

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    same reasons AR's are banned.....because no one needs an AR15 to kill a deer.

Boltgun
    In the end, the stupid people could say "you only need a knife to kill the deer" as far as Liberals believe themselves.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by maifire View Post
    anyone able to GUESS why 2 of the 3 in the family of 'moderns'?
    In the original article about the OIC the gov’ is expecting a market shift to items not on the list so they’re waiting to get more guns in peoples hands before they ban them. Simple as that.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Regular
    Called the rcmp firearms program today and asked if the typhoon was prohibited and they looked it up and said yes. I asked why since it wasn’t named on the gazette list and they said because it’s a variant of the AR15. I mentioned it does not have interchangeable parts, they asked me if it looked like an AR15 and I said yes it has the same silhouette, they said well there you go.

somewhere in between Saskatchewan and Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by codfish25 View Post
    Called the rcmp firearms program today and asked if the typhoon was prohibited and they looked it up and said yes. I asked why since it wasn’t named on the gazette list and they said because it’s a variant of the AR15. I mentioned it does not have interchangeable parts, they asked me if it looked like an AR15 and I said yes it has the same silhouette, they said well there you go.
    Well that's not technical information. The person who answered the phone is pretty much reading off the FRT and not much more. The issue surrounding all these recent FRT changes comes down to the term "variant" which isn't defined.
    DISCLAIMER

- First “I’ll take it” wins regardless of what dialogue is occurring
    - payment required within 12 HRS unless agreed upon prior
    - all sales on the EE are final so i ask questions before buying
    - all items sold come with 100$ insurance.

CGN Regular
    Everybody here should know by now.....that they simply add the word variant to any firearm that they think looks scary to soccer moms....plain and simple. Also JT said as the public moves to other firearms that might take the place of ar15
    ..they will ban those too. Only hope we have is a CPC majority government.
    CCFR Member

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast