Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: MH now prohibited?

MH now prohibited?

It appears MH is now prohibited. I was wondering if you have any insight as to the justification of MH being included in the OIC... What a BS this is...!!!

same reasons AR's are banned.....because no one needs an AR15 to kill a deer.

Boltgun
    1*

DISRUPTING OODA LOOPS FOR THE HECK OF IT

Quote Originally Posted by aakoksal View Post
    It appears MH is now prohibited. I was wondering if you have any insight as to the justification of MH being included in the OIC... What a BS this is...!!!
    Liberals don't need justification to ban scary looking baby killers, didn't you know?

I don't think it's about the looks.
    Prior to this ban, a lot of manufacturers used the AR-102 design as a loop-hole to make Non-Restricted ARs. The RCMP is cracking down on manufacturers that used this loop-hole, for example, the Macabee SLR used a T-Slot assembly that was derived from the AR10A (XN03) that is why it is now banned.

Now did the MH & the MV also have any of these features? What about the Modern Sporter? The only person who can answer this is ATRS.

It wasn't a loop hole. It was the law as it was (poorly) written. They're just going back and fixing prior idiocy with more idiocy.
    "I probably don't know half as much about this as I think I do."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf97 View Post
    I don't think it's about the looks.
    Prior to this ban, a lot of manufacturers used the AR-102 design as a loop-hole to make Non-Restricted ARs. The RCMP is cracking down on manufacturers that used this loop-hole, for example, the Macabee SLR used a T-Slot assembly that was derived from the AR10A (XN03) that is why it is now banned.

Now did the MH & the MV also have any of these features? What about the Modern Sporter? The only person who can answer this is ATRS.
    The MH was designed from the ground up to be an NR-legal rifle. ATRS had to work very hard to create something that was dissimilar enough to the AR platforms that it would make it as NR, and they worked with the RCMP lab to get that done.

At minimum, banning the Modern Hunter under the current premise of this ban (these guns dont have a sporting/hunting purpose) is clearly ridiculous, it has HUNTER in the ####ing name! What is worse though, is this will undoubtedly stifle firearms design and manufacturing in Canada, because who the #### will spend the time to make us such amazing pieces of work when the government will approve it for sale one day, and then ban it the next?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    It looks like it can kill

These are the geniuses who called the Mossberg Blaze 22LR a variant of an AK47...

If you're looking for logic, these aren't the droids you're looking for.
    "Canadians, in this fateful hour, I command you and I trust you to fight as you have ever fought with all your strength, with all your determination, with all your tranquil courage." Sir Arthur William Currie

Could it be the “variants or modified versions” part of the OIC. Previously wasn’t it just variants?

I will stays where I'm at 'til you knows where I'm to
    anyone able to GUESS why 2 of the 3 in the family of 'moderns'?
    CCFR
    Do it right THIS time, you may not get a NEXT time.
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a veteran."

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast