Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: The Modern Sporter is now .......?

Quote Originally Posted by Got Juice? View Post
    Soon the PAL and RPAL won't be good for anything at all.

They will become as meaningless as a rivet in a magazine.
    It may soon be better to not have either one.
    Licensing - The other means of confiscation.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by auracle View Post
    Nope. Canada is always on the list of countries to be excluded as there have been too many green card recipients from Canada already. Now if you have botswanan citizenship, youre in business!
    Moving to the US is easy if you have a STEM degree. You don’t need a green card.
    Step 1) Interview for American jobs.
    Step 2) Get job offer
    Step 3) pull up to border guard booth. Present job off and degree
    Step 4) guard gives you you 2 year work visa under NAFTA

It’s that easy. You can renew 4 times but usually by year 3 your employer sponsors you for a green card. It’s why the brain drain is happening. Leaving is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
    Moving to the US is easy if you have a STEM degree. You don’t need a green card.
    Step 2) Get job offer

It’s that easy. You can renew 4 times but usually by year 3 your employer sponsors you for a green card. It’s why the brain drain is happening. Leaving is easy.
    Yes I fall into the TN visa category myself. was specifically answering the question about the diversity lottery program. The wife and I are looking into a red state with reasonable weather like kentucky or tennessee with somewhat afforable real estate. Hospitals in the US offer signing bonuses too
    All items shipped by canada post expedited with tracking and $100 insurance included.
    Insurance above $100 coverage is on the buyer.
    I'll need to see your PAL for firearms,ammo.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
    Step 2) Get job offer

Except for the record unemployment right now with a nationalist government that will favour American workers above all else.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ddub900 View Post
    Its a done deal the sporter is prohibited. I spoke with ATRS earlier today. i didn't fully understand the process of how the RCMP was reclassifying but my take away was the RCMP were going back and modifying existing FRT's or paperwork changing the fact the sporter, hunter and varmint were non AR variants to always have been....i don't know sounds criminal to me.
    Sounds like another case for legal action to me. Government changing the rules for laws on the fly without parliamentary process or review.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRecordMan View Post
    I love the fact that they ban our guns but take no accountability for safe gun handling themselves. Canada Post a crown corporation left a 45 ACP rifle on my front porch this morning without so much as ringing the door bell. My wife was inside the house the whole time and almost tripped over it when she went out. It required a signature!!!!
    This happened to me a year ago. It was two days before Christmas and noticed a box sitting at my backdoor. My Canada Post delivery driver signed for it!! I politely asked not to sign for packages in the future the next time I saw him.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    Except for the record unemployment right now with a nationalist government that will favour American workers above all else.
    In 2 years time things will be back to normalish and the TN program will likely still be there. The United States benefits greatly from Canada educating STEM students and then them leaving to the US

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    Yes. May not be as easy right now as some are thinking, with massive unemployment everywhere.

Unrelated, but has anyone ordered from Brownells recently? My parts were shipped in April, but haven’t moved since May 1, the same day the bans came out.. it’s not even stuck at the border, it’s stuck at some US post office. Do not buy anything from the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf97 View Post
    The Armalytics site now shows it as prohibited.
    We received a second confirmation and were satisfied to make the change.
    Stay informed, stay armed.