Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: The Modern Sporter is now .......?

GunNutz
    So far it is still NR status from the FRT business portal
    Last edited by sunmoong; 05-19-2020 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf97 View Post
    This seems outright false.
    I’ll have to get my FRT printout when I took delivery of the receiver set. In November.
    If this is true. How would it be unknown to ATRS since then?

CGN frequent flyer
    So ATRS is hiring lawyers right? And burning their sales records correct?
    f:P

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf97 View Post
    The .22LR Mossberg 715t was also just prohibited

The 702, which is the same exact gun in a different shell, is still NR.

This confirms that the RCMP is literally banning guns based on their appearance. This is insane. Anything that looks like an AR-15 will be banned, it’s now guaranteed.
    If true eventually I’ll just chop up my guns. Mail my restricted certs and pal to them. The restricteds were destroyed. Take me out of the system. No proof required as per the law btw.

[url] Destroying

106 (1) Every person commits an offence who

(a) after destroying any prohibited firearm, restricted firearm, prohibited weapon, restricted weapon, prohibited device or prohibited ammunition, or

(b) on becoming aware of the destruction of any prohibited firearm, restricted firearm, prohibited weapon, restricted weapon, prohibited device or prohibited ammunition that was in the person’s possession before its destruction,

does not with reasonable despatch report the destruction to a peace officer, firearms officer or chief firearms officer.

Marginal note:Punishment

(2) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1)

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years; or

(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.
    They can #### right off

Its funny how they tell the public they are only banning 1500 assault weapons. Then they quietly ban shotguns and hunting rifles. Public never hears about that. 1500 assault weapons sounds better than numerous shotguns, hunting and sporting rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
    If true eventually I’ll just chop up my guns. Mail my restricted certs and pal to them. The restricteds were destroyed. Take me out of the system. No proof required as per the law btw.

They can #### right off
    I don't think it will have to come to that, all signs point to grandfathering, it's almost guaranteed now. The reason they won't tell us is because they don't want people panic buying, they're trying to make us scared & deter us from buying more rifles.
    If they announced they would allow grandfathering, every black rifle in this country would be sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by staryoskol View Post
    What about the people that paid half? They eat it and receive nothing?
    Spoke to ATRS today. Your deposit is non refundable per policy. When the receivers are finished, you will pay the balance for delivery. No cancellation or refunds for now.

I think a strong case can be made that the product at time of order was of a different legal status than time of actual delivery; and I’m not certain of the legalities of stated policy given that prohib items can no longer be sold, since the actual transfer of goods hasn’t happened. ATRS could be exposing themselves to some serious legal ramifications.

THAT SAID, I feel quite badly for our home grown Canadian businesses who followed all the rules but still got screwed by the drama teacher. They did nothing to cause this, and worked hard to get the community an NR direct impingement option. We might be screwed on these orders, BUT I aslo don’t want ATRS to die with a bunch of CNC machines they might sell; and a bunch of alumn blanks that are now less than raw metal value. It’s not right.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFlint View Post
    Spoke to ATRS today. Your deposit is non refundable per policy. When the receivers are finished, you will pay the balance for delivery. No cancellation or refunds for now.

I think a strong case can be made that the product at time of order was of a different legal status than time of actual delivery; and I’m not certain of the legalities of stated policy given that prohib items can no longer be sold, since the actual transfer of goods hasn’t happened. ATRS could be exposing themselves to some serious legal ramifications.

THAT SAID, I feel quite badly for our home grown Canadian businesses who followed all the rules but still got screwed by the drama teacher. They did nothing to cause this, and worked hard to get the community an NR direct impingement option. We might be screwed on these orders, BUT I aslo don’t want ATRS to die with a bunch of CNC machines they might sell; and a bunch of alumn blanks that are now less than raw metal value. It’s not right.
    Unfortunately for ATRS, if a vendor hasn't shipped the item, the customer can easily charge back their credit card and get their money back. Banks dont care about your store policy, they only ask if the customer has received their item or not. So not allowing refunds will only hurt them even more. Sad situation all around.

CGN frequent flyer
    ATRS needs to talk to Premier Kenney. RCMP have essentially destroyed their entire business with the stroke of a pen, models that werent even banned by OIC,

Really, they need lawyers NOW.
    f:P

Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    ATRS needs to talk to Premier Kenney. RCMP have essentially destroyed their entire business with the stroke of a pen, models that werent even banned by OIC,

Really, they need lawyers NOW.
    I agree with this completely - I've been writing the Premier of Sask several times. I think the Premier's need to step up and but will take public pressure. The Federal battle clearly isn't working well.

They are way beyond out of control - directive: anything that looks like an AR...?