Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7171920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: The Modern Sporter is now .......?

Quote Originally Posted by mclmm View Post
    And now worth 4-5x
    Someone’s trying to sell a completed modern sporter rifle on the EE for $2400 and he still hasn’t sold it in over 24 hours. Another guy is selling stripped sets for $2k and he also can’t sell.

Unfortunately, these are just paperweights now. Hopefully once the dust settles and we get some answers, ATRS will come up with a new rifle that can somehow circumvent these bans. If any company can do it, it’s ATRS.

Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf97 View Post
    Someone’s trying to sell a completed modern sporter rifle on the EE for $2400 and he still hasn’t sold it in over 24 hours. Another guy is selling stripped sets for $2k and he also can’t sell.

Unfortunately, these are just paperweights now. Hopefully once the dust settles and we get some answers, ATRS will come up with a new rifle that can somehow circumvent these bans. If any company can do it, it’s ATRS.
    Why are they paperweights? They aren't named in the OIC and based on my understanding the FRT doesn't supersede the actual law.
    I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall.

Why are they paperweights? They aren't named in the OIC and based on my understanding the FRT doesn't supersede the actual law.
    But who wants to be the first guy to test that understanding...

Quote Originally Posted by mangoman View Post
    But who wants to be the first guy to test that understanding...
    Fair point.
    I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall.

Fair point.
    Armalytics said it the best:

“The FRT is not law. But when the police ask to see your firearms when you're out shooting on crown land where do you think they'll go to determine it's classification?“

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf97 View Post
    Armalytics said it the best:

“The FRT is not law. But when the police ask to see your firearms when you're out shooting on crown land where do you think they'll go to determine it's classification?“
    Legally speaking...if you gun is cased up...possibly locked up and in a locked case...do you HAVE to show them?
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

Quote Originally Posted by GarandStanding View Post
    Well, if that’s the case I’m going to carry on as usual. Until I get a letter in the mail or they update the OIC to include the sporter I will continue to use it as if none of this has happened. And really, what has even happened? Nothing that can be coherently explained by anyone it seems
    Attachment 385590
    king.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Firearms legal defence is always a good back up plan.
    The RCMp are not talking, the CFC is not talking and to date we have received absolutely ZERO info/correspondence or anything useful insofar as intel from any official capacity. I find this odd for a truly transparent regime.
    It'd take that as they got nothing to say. Since FRT is NOT law and your NR rifles/receivers were confirmed NRs you can continue operation as usual.
    Il messanger non è importante

Quote Originally Posted by vtham View Post
    Sadly this is what has happened... They told you they were coming for your property and you still voted for them... Why didn't you believe them?
    I live in Ontario and am surrounded by liberal voters. The ones who own firearms... They are shocked... shocked i tell ya... about the oic
    Ideologically possessed?

Many 'party' members ended up in the Gulags. They still believed they were going to be let out...you wait and see.

One thing for certain, they likely don't believe Canada could go the way of Venezuela, either. Know your shadow.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibal.black98 View Post
    Legally speaking...if you gun is cased up...possibly locked up and in a locked case...do you HAVE to show them?
    Not unless they have a warrant.

Stand your ground on that as well, because they will try to say probable cause, etc. etc. Request a supervisor, and a copy of the warrant. Doesn't matter if it's a Savage MKII 22lr, or a F92 Stinger in the case. [ Can't believe they banned the stinger... literally responsible for zero crimes in Canada, ever. :'( ]