Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: The Modern Sporter is now .......?

Quote Originally Posted by GarandStanding View Post
    I would gladly donate to their legal fund.
    We supported them by buying their products now we should support by backing them legally.
    +1 here.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Horilka's Avatar
    Since NS shooting and lame BB explanations Twitter is official and the law.
    CSSA CPC
    ===
    “Military theory does not account for regular dudes with track pants and hunting rifles” - General Valeriy Zaluzhny

I not only hope they successfully sue but the punitive damages are staggering!!

Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    I gotta ask, since when is ass book or twitter the official means of communication of a government?
    The government isn't giving us any updates, the only way we can know is if a supplier with Live FRT access (and theres not many out there) finds out for us. So far, 3 suppliers have stated it's been prohibited, only 1 has shown a picture. These guys also called the bans on many previous rifles, theres no reason why this one would be any different.

They banned it late at night, while most shops were closed, so we're going to have to wait until tomorrow morning to be 100% sure.

Awful news indeed. I hope this tidbit in the actual Gazette can be used to our advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf97 View Post
    The government isn't giving us any updates, the only way we can know is if a supplier with Live FRT access (and theres not many out there) finds out for us. So far, 3 suppliers have stated it's been prohibited, only 1 has shown a picture. These guys also called the bans on many previous rifles, theres no reason why this one would be any different.

They banned it late at night, while most shops were closed, so we're going to have to wait until tomorrow morning to be 100% sure.
    If that’s the case..
    Then in all likelihood I have the last legally shot modern sporter in Canada.
    This has all been very disheartening. For all parties involved.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    I gotta ask, since when is ass book or twitter the official means of communication of a government?
    Well it was the only means used to alert the public in the NS tragedy... So apparently it is now.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    thats wht ATRS has to get a ####ing lawyer and do something.
    And do you an instant think they have not already begun something? Think about it for a moment, the owners of ATRS have absolutely everything on the line. All of us have a few hundred bucks or possibly as much as a couple grand at stake, they have not only their livelihood, but there life's work not to mention Ricks rather extensive collection on the line.
    With the Hunter and Varmint getting a change of status late last Friday and the Sporter late today, it makes it pretty hard to have all the answers in just a day or 2.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by GarandStanding View Post
    If that’s the case..
    Then in all likelihood I have the last legally shot modern sporter in Canada.
    This has all been very disheartening. For all parties involved.
    Shooting mine tommorow.

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Shooting mine tommorow.
    I have been outdone.
    Proceed, good sir!