Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14242627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: The Modern Sporter is now .......?

Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    As per the Firearms Act, the RCMP cannot issue a prohib registration certificate for a newly prohibited firearm.
    The legislation is very clear that no such certificate is to be issued as of december 1, 1998.

This is the same reason why not a single AR15 owner has, or ever will, received a prohib registration certificate after the OIC.

Its really not.
    People have gotten prohibited registrations for their AR-15s, but AFAIK it’s only the people who bought theirs before the ban and had not completed the transfer yet.

A good way to test the registration is for someone to convert their Modern Sporter to an SBR & tell the CFO to change it to a restricted rifle. Or at least call them and ask them if you still need to change the registration if you change it to an SBR. They will be forced to give you an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by KePet View Post
    Given that ATRS has a legal challenge in the works they probably don't need any "Help!" If you really wanted to do this, why not use a Stag-10 or an M-305, rather than something that is continuing to be produced while the court challenge is underway,
    stag-10, norc, xcr are named as prohibs the MS was not. also the original frt said not an AR variant.
    TINVOWOOT

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mike View Post
    stag-10, norc, xcr are named as prohibs the MS was not. also the original frt said not an AR variant.

The old law states ar15’s and ar15 variants are restricted. The new oic law says ar15’s, variants and modified versions. The old frt demed it not a variant But now it also has to pass the new word modified.

Is the ms a modified version of an ar15? A judge will have to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarbar99 View Post
    People have gotten prohibited registrations for their AR-15s, but AFAIK it’s only the people who bought theirs before the ban and had not completed the transfer yet.

A good way to test the registration is for someone to convert their Modern Sporter to an SBR & tell the CFO to change it to a restricted rifle. Or at least call them and ask them if you still need to change the registration if you change it to an SBR. They will be forced to give you an answer.
    I got a transfer notification of a prohibited firearm. For a striped receiver I bought days before. I have no registration card for it. Restricted or prohibited. They can not can issue one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mike View Post
    My point was more about the fact that both the Stag-10 and M-305 were both non-restricted before, so why not demand a certificate for one of them, rather than bringing a bunch of possible heat and attention to one that is still being produced, and which has a court challenge going on. I don't know if Rick really needs this kind of "help" right now.
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarbar99 View Post
    People have gotten prohibited registrations for their AR-15s, but AFAIK it’s only the people who bought theirs before the ban and had not completed the transfer yet
    No, they haven't. Find me one single person in Canada who has been issued a prohibited registration certificate for a newly banned gun. It doesnt exist.

Transfert might have gone through, but no prohib cert is being issued. It would be illegal.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KePet View Post
    Given that ATRS has a legal challenge in the works they probably don't need any "Help!"
    ^^^ this.

I bet Rick has more than his fair share of "WTF?" moments when he reads some of the brilliant things that get posted on here.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by mbogo3 View Post
    Tell them that at Oka...........AK47's + Barrett 50's
    A bunch of OKA's guns were NOE flown in by helicopter from upstate New-York by the CIA.

Things are never what they seem.
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietz View Post
    A bunch of OKA's guns were NOE flown in by helicopter from upstate New-York by the CIA.

I'd like to know more about this.
    Certainly wouldn't be the first time...

Quote Originally Posted by Dietz View Post

Let’s hear more about this