Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1323252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: The Modern Sporter is now .......?

Quote Originally Posted by mbogo3 View Post
    Tell them that at Oka...........AK47's + Barrett 50's
    The government won’t touch that with a 10’ pole after last time

I wonder what would happen if someone with a MS phoned the RCMP asking for a prohibited registration certificate. Wonder what they would do then..? They'd have to either tell you no, it's not prohibited or accept and send you one.
    CCFR Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaden View Post
    I wonder what would happen if someone with a MS phoned the RCMP asking for a prohibited registration certificate. Wonder what they would do then..? They'd have to either tell you no, it's not prohibited or accept and send you one.
    I seem to recall an old saying. I think it went something along the lines of not poking the bear with a stick....
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Given that ATRS has a legal challenge in the works they probably don't need any "Help!" If you really wanted to do this, why not use a Stag-10 or an M-305, rather than something that is continuing to be produced while the court challenge is underway,
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    That is a good question!
    CCFR member

Quote Originally Posted by KePet View Post
    Given that ATRS has a legal challenge in the works they probably don't need any "Help!" If you really wanted to do this, why not use a Stag-10 or an M-305, rather than something that is continuing to be produced while the court challenge is underway,
    Honestly, it could be anything. If anyone is willing to sacrifice a Norinco..
    CCFR Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    I seem to recall an old saying. I think it went something along the lines of not poking the bear with a stick....
    We are the bear.
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Isn't the point that the atrs rifle are not on the OIC and those guns are?
    CCFR member

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by KePet View Post
    Amen!

CGN frequent flyer
    As per the Firearms Act, the RCMP cannot issue a prohib registration certificate for a newly prohibited firearm.
    The legislation is very clear that no such certificate is to be issued as of december 1, 1998.

This is the same reason why not a single AR15 owner has, or ever will, received a prohib registration certificate after the OIC.

Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    That is a good question!
    Its really not.