Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WARNING!!!! Stings abound on the sale of newly prohibited firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by CravingGlory View Post
    The stupid replies to my last post are what make us all look like maniacs to the people that are already condemning us because of the Lib's fear mongering. Calling all cops "pigs", demanding they end their careers, lose their benefits and pensions to appease your odd sense of right and wrong is just stupid and I will debate the subject more with you. The same goes for the bull####ters full of hard talk and psychos saying they want everyone to arm themselves and take a stand against LE should they come and try to confiscate your prohib firearms. You will be amongst a very small group of future convicts and dead people, while hurting the rest of us who possess more common sense in our approach to fight this nonsense legally, as we love our families, careers, freedom and lives more than any objects that we possess.

I really hope the media doesn't troll these threads and start gathering up all of the comments that reflect violent, criminal intent and disdain for law and order when spun the way they are so good at. They will let the words of the few speak for us all in their display of why Trudeau was correct to take away the "guns and military rifles" from "those maniacs capable of mass destruction".

I know some are speaking out of anger and the hate of feeling helpless, but the ones talking stupid about doing something stupid, or saying stupid things that make us all look bad are the as bad as the people that just shrug and say "oh well, nothing I can do. Where do I turn my stuff in and collect my money?" while condemning the rest of us for doing all we can to fight the OIC ban. You divide us during this time when we need collective numbers and will be the reason Trudeau gets away with his dictatorship actions. I'll bite my tongue on saying anything more while being this pissed off and disappointed with replies that I never thought I'd see from people on this site ��
    Well said. Further polarization on the issue will only make us all look like nutters, thereby justifying these recent actions. We have to meet them head on in the most rational and effective way possible. And that's through legal challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by CravingGlory View Post
    The stupid replies to my last post are what make us all look like maniacs to the people that are already condemning us because of the Lib's fear mongering. Calling all cops "pigs", demanding they end their careers, lose their benefits and pensions to appease your odd sense of right and wrong is just stupid and I will debate the subject more with you. The same goes for the bull####ters full of hard talk and psychos saying they want everyone to arm themselves and take a stand against LE should they come and try to confiscate your prohib firearms. You will be amongst a very small group of future convicts and dead people, while hurting the rest of us who possess more common sense in our approach to fight this nonsense legally, as we love our families, careers, freedom and lives more than any objects that we possess.

I really hope the media doesn't troll these threads and start gathering up all of the comments that reflect violent, criminal intent and disdain for law and order when spun the way they are so good at. They will let the words of the few speak for us all in their display of why Trudeau was correct to take away the "guns and military rifles" from "those maniacs capable of mass destruction".

I know some are speaking out of anger and the hate of feeling helpless, but the ones talking stupid about doing something stupid, or saying stupid things that make us all look bad are the as bad as the people that just shrug and say "oh well, nothing I can do. Where do I turn my stuff in and collect my money?" while condemning the rest of us for doing all we can to fight the OIC ban. You divide us during this time when we need collective numbers and will be the reason Trudeau gets away with his dictatorship actions. I'll bite my tongue on saying anything more while being this pissed off and disappointed with replies that I never thought I'd see from people on this site ��
    Yep, keep it civil and don’t make enemies of those who agree with you. This OIC was unjust, arbitrary, and the details are secret making it nearly impossible to use, sell, transport our legally acquired firearms. Do not fall into the trap of doing things that can be used to justify this ‘assault weapons’ ban.

I know RCMP members who are frustrated they can’t take their personally owned firearm affected by the ban to the range for some target practice. Let’s not forget that there are Members who have been or will be transferred since this ban came down but cannot move with their newly prohibited firearm. Since no details on a buyback or a grandfathering program have been announced they are in legal limbo. Through incompetence or malice, this ban turns legal firearms owners into criminals. Let’s not help them succeed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jonnyboy1014's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rangebob View Post
    Millions of gun owners in this country do not read the Gazette.

A lot of the changes are in the live FRT only (not specifically named in the gazette), and no one but law enforcement and verifiers knows what's in that.
    We've been getting drips of changes on Twitter/Facebook from people who happen to spot a change in the sea of 130,000 or so FRT descriptions.

--------

Mr. Tomlinson: Another major problem is Orders in Council. One can be charged with violating an Order in Council. Over 30 Orders in Council have been issued since 1998. Some provisions of the law have been changed six times by a series of Orders in Council. A beautiful example that we have found of what the results of that are is a copy of Regina v. Rusk. Mr. Rusk was charged in 1999 with storing his firearms illegally because he stored his guns with his ammunition. His lawyer argued that the guns were not actually with the ammunition, and that the ammunition was a short distance away. They bounced up and down, arguing about the language of regulation number 4. The entire case went through its full length. The judge eventually ruled in favour of the defence. To this day no one, the judge, the Crown or the defence lawyer, is aware that regulation 4 died in 1998, and was replaced by regulation 5 of a different set of regulations with a different title and different wording.

They spent all that time and money arguing about a case based on a regulation that did not exist. As I said, they have issued over 30 Orders in Council. There is no book of Orders in Council. The only way one can keep track of the Orders in Council is to subscribe to Part II of the Canada Gazette. Crown prosecutors do not do that; lawyers do not do that; and judges do not do that and. It is absolutely and utterly impossible for anyone in the entire legal system to be certain what the regulations are.

-- Proceedings of the Standing Senate Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs
    Parliament Justice Committee on Bill C-10 (Proposed changes to Firearms Act) 27 Nov 2002
    Thats disgusting. What if he was sent to jail.
    BEWARE OF FOREIGN INFLUENCE
    A Vote For Trudeau Is A Vote For Communist China
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2353593-CSIS-documents-reveal-Chinese-strategy-to-influence-2021-election

Quote Originally Posted by drift1122 View Post
    Is this a war on legal gun owners?
    There haven’t been any legal gun owners since 1995.
    And yes this absolutely is war on gun owners.
    Truth, Freedom and Justice for All.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neoconfection View Post
    Sorry to be that guy, but is there any evidence to back this up?
    It took 156 posts in this thread for someone to ask this and then it got drowned out in all of the background noise. People are understandably worked up over this. I also would like ATRS to come back to this thread and confirm that this is confirmed or at least credible information and not just based on speculation or hearsay.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by krausb View Post
    It took 156 posts in this thread for someone to ask this and then it got drowned out in all of the background noise. People are understandably worked up over this. I also would like ATRS to come back to this thread and confirm that this is confirmed or at least credible information and not just based on speculation or hearsay.
    ATRS would not benefit from spreading an unsubstanciated rumor like this. I trust that if they shared it here, it is because it has merit. They are advising people to be cautious, and that cannot be a bad thing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    ATRS would not benefit from spreading an unsubstanciated rumor like this. I trust that if they shared it here, it is because it has merit. They are advising people to be cautious, and that cannot be a bad thing.
    No one suggested that they would benefit. But emotions are high right now and we're all a little twitchy. People, all people, can post something with very good intentions that it not well thought out. A warning to being careful is always a good thing, I completely agree. But an accusation that there is an active sting operation taking place is a pretty big bombshell to drop if there is no confirmation or at the very least a credible source. It is not out of line to ask for a little background on this warning before losing our heads over it.

I’ve had some suspect pms wouldn’t surprise me

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Bill bLiar said himself that "licensed firearms owners are only law abiding until they are not"

Pretty hard to remain law abiding when you intentionally make criminals at the stroke of a pen
    Whenever I think this government has sunk as low as they can go.. they one-up themselves. Truly disgusting, dictatorial, scum this Liberal government. I have never been less proud to be Canadian.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    I started this thread for the purpose of sharing some information that came our way, NOT to open up a thread for cop bashing! In retrospect I should have closed the thread on the 1st post rather than having to spend time deleting over a hundred posts.
    The info I shared with this post is valid, I do not make accusations or post warnings on a whim.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234