Page 1 of 26 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sterling Arms TR Intro..... Well hello world... and DONE

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar

Exclamation The Sterling Arms TR Intro..... Well hello world... and DONE

So..... with the recent change to the FRT, we are unsure as to the status of this firearm, so we are voluntarily ceasing any further sales. We have engaged legal and are in discussions with other affected parties to challenge this, but the risks to continue selling are too great.

Everyone who bought one, will receive their receiver set/s in due course.

Thank you for your continued support!

Sincerely,

JR

We were going to wait and have a fancy launch in a week or so, but given the antics of the RCMP, we decided we needed to do this today!

Introducing the newest member of the Sterling Arms family!

The SAI TR (TR stands for Target Rifle)

The SAI TR is based on the proven and beautiful ATRS “Modern Sporter” (FRT # 194622)

Calibre: Whatever you want, but it is perfect for the 5.56mm / .223
    Action: Semi-Auto
    Upper Receiver: Aircraft Grade 6061-T6 Aluminum
    Lower Receiver: Aircraft Grade 6061-T6 Aluminum
    Finish: Hard Coat Anodized Class III – Black

Yes, this is non-restricted today, but we expect it to be prohibited anytime now.

Retail price for a receiver set is $799

Each set comes with:
    1 x upper
    1 x lower
    1 x 2 piece rear takedown pin.

This receiver set is interchangeable with the ATRS MS…

Yes the pre-production models have a different marking... But the production ones are marked "SAI TR"

It builds with any standard AR15 LPK.

Just to make sure the design and build were proper… today 4 of us sat in the rifle bay and each put a rifle together under the watchful eye of Eddie… not a hiccup, nor snag! We did just use the rear take down pin and a piece of ape... yup classy... as our two piece rear pins were not back from the oxidizers yet.

Heck ya.... the dust covers also fit with no issues!

And then we shot them.... each 20 rds... not a stoppage... yes I know that is not a high round count, but better than the 3 rounds others shoot before they shipped to us.

Name:  SAI TR 1.jpg
Views: 10433
Size:  54.4 KB
    Name:  SAI TR 2.jpg
Views: 10411
Size:  51.5 KB

Name:  sai tr build 1.jpg
Views: 10460
Size:  87.9 KB
    Name:  sai tr build 2.jpg
Views: 10409
Size:  67.1 KB

Do we expect to sell any? Not really.... but when Trudeau decides to cut us a cheque 2 years from now, it will be that much LARGER because we have hundreds of these in stock being finished up.
    Last edited by TSE JR; 05-21-2020 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Voluntarily pulled from the market
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN frequent flyer
    Is this a licensed copy? Also the prohib just dropped so I'm very confused what this is?
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

ill take 4

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungestPiperCub View Post
    Is this a licensed copy? Also the prohib just dropped so I'm very confused what this is?
    No, this is not a "licensed" copy. I spoke with Rick at ATRS to see if he would license it to me.... long story short, he wasnʻt interested and even stated that the design was in the public domain, so anyone was free to copy it.... I tried to give him money... honest...

Basically, we have a Sterling model in with the RCMP that should for all intents and purposes be non-resticted, but itʻs been in for about 18 months. When the talk of a ban started, we switched gears to get, what we hoped was something out to market asap.... we misjudged obviously.

yes, weʻve also heard about the ATRS Sporter being deemed prohibit today internally with the RCMP, but nothing has been "published" yet. On the FRT I can see through the dealer portal, it is still non-restricted. In order to ensure we are on the "list" we felt we had to get this out in the public domain today... basically proof of commercialization and retail.

We donʻt expect to sell many, if any, but Trudope and Billy the Bully Blair cannot avoid paying us our pound of flesh now... If we lose our court challenge...

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Regular
    Deleted
    Last edited by trimeal1; 05-20-2020 at 02:20 PM.

I would however my funds are tied up in bcl coyotes atm still waiting on official word from the dealer I bought through will fulfill or refund.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    If these were $500 i'd order right now....
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

I would however my funds are tied up in bcl coyotes atm still waiting on official word from the dealer I bought through will fulfill or refund...

I'll give it a try, who knows.

eh, put that money to the cause.
    Last edited by Fjorden; 05-19-2020 at 11:17 PM.
    '' Si tu veux vivre, risque ta vie (...) L'homme y'a pas le choix bcp, ou ben donc il décide d'être un homme ou ben donc il décide de se conformer. '' - Michel Chartrand.

CGN frequent flyer
    Fantastic. Do you guarantee that you dont keep sales records?
    f:P

Page 1 of 26 1234567891121 ... LastLast