Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Update: May 20th 2020 Re: MS / MH / MV

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Thank you!! We ARE in the process of launching several actions against the government. More to follow in another thread once I have more I can share. We will be setting up a gofundme account shortly but I want folks to know what we will be launching, at least enough info to make an informed choice on supporting the action.
    Yes!!!!!!! I will be contributing.

Would like to see SLR also do some action.
    NFA, CCFR, and CSSA Member.
    Canada is like a well oiled firearm, a work of art. The problem is we keep putting duds in the chamber.

MH too! MS Too!

#MhToo! #MsToo!

Me too!

Whatever, you get the drift. Do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrXenon View Post
    What do you need a brake on a 5.56mm firearm for? You should just slip a maxipad under your bra strap to dampen the hellish recoil.
    Spock to Kirk:
    "Logic dictates Captain. If Pro-Gunners are as violent as Anti-Gunners say they are, there would not be any Anti-Gunners left."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fraserdw's Avatar
    Thank you!! We ARE in the process of launching several actions against the government. More to follow in another thread once I have more I can share. We will be setting up a gofundme account shortly but I want folks to know what we will be launching, at least enough info to make an informed choice on supporting the action.
    Are you considering pulling out of Canada like BCL is?
    Recovering soldier, 34 years. For 34 years I have apparently served a tyranny, the Canadian people have my apologies. Had I only known......

"I enforced the law as written. It was not for me to determine to morality of hostage executions, confiscation of property or the deportations. It was German law and I was a German policeman." Detective Sgt Heorgen, Koln. Trial statement 1947.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnage View Post
    You can obtain a Metis Harvester Card. That would help if you plan on using a previously non-res now prohib rifle hunting for the next 2 years.
    yes, I have the BC Metis Harvesters card for migratory game birds..... it does not cover any other species. Not to derail the thread, but the harvesters card is a joke. I only have it as a formality but I believe it needs to be abolished and metis in bc should have the same access to the land and waters of Canada as first nations do. The bc metis nation is too busy trying to act like politicians and pander to the government process rather than actively making claim to our "rights" under S35 as other metis nations have done.
    The OIC is open to interpretation as well and will a BC CO or rcmp uphold my s35 rights or will they say I am not on my treaty lands so I am a criminal. Treaty 6 lands , where our family line originates, are in alberta but I was born and raised in bc.
    My overall point in this thread is that while I don't own any atrs product, and it appears the prime minstrel has exempted me from the ban for 2years (maybe? depending on interpretation), I will be donating funds as my budget permits to fight this OIC for all of us.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fraserdw View Post
    Are you considering pulling out of Canada like BCL is?
    No there is no plan except to fight. I don't give up that easily.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Here's my interpretation of the (arguably arbitrary) amendments to the original FRT:

The original FRT stated this:

So basically in the original FRT they found that according to the laws and regulations at that time it met all requirements of a non restricted firearm. Therefore it could not be a "variant" of the AR-15 like they now claim.

Fast forward to the current (arguably arbitrarily changed) FRT:

Attachment 385301

The "Canadian Law Comments" section of the original FRT has been replaced with a reference to Part 1, para. 87 of the OIC.

The new version of the FRT has been amended to reflect the RCMP's interpretation of current Regulation/Law.

For reference Part 1, para. 87 states:

* note the part in bold

While everyone is hung up on the term "variant" (because that is the term we're used to dealing with) they have now added yet another ambiguous term "modified version".

I believe they are basing the change in classification on the new wording in the OIC "modified version" which they believe is farther reaching than the term "variant".

Although the OIC does not specifically name the names of the "Modern Series" rifles my take on it all is that they (RCMP) interpret the new wording in Part1, para. 87 of the OIC in a way that allows them to overreach and deem them a "variant" or most likely, a "modified version" of the AR-15.

They were given another inch which they believe gave them the power to take another mile.

I hope it can be argued (and proven) that the RCMP's interpretation of the OIC's wording is an overreach.

* I am not a lawyer and this post is simply a simple man's perspective on why the RCMP f#@&€d ATRS. Yes I think it was an arbitrary overreach.
    In order to determine if it's an overreach we have to examine what the words "modified" and "version" mean. The merriam webster dictionary defines "modified" as follows..

1. to make less extreme : MODERATE

2a. to limit or restrict the meaning of especially in a grammatical construction

b. to change (a vowel) by umlaut

3a. to make minor changes in

b. to make basic or fundamental changes in often to give a new orientation to or to serve a new end

The Merriam Webster dictionary defines "version" as:

1a. an account or description from a particular point of view especially as contrasted with another account

b. an adaptation of a literary work

c. an arrangement of a musical composition

2. a form or variant of a type or original

3. a translation from another language

4a. a condition in which an organ and especially the uterus is turned from its normal position

b. manual turning of a fetus in the uterus to aid delivery

Based on the definitions, I would say the ones that apply here are 3a and b for "modified" and 2a for "version". So the definition of the combined words would read something like "to make minor changes in a form or variant of a type or original" or "to make basic or fundamental changes in a form or variant of a type or original often to give a new orientation to or to serve a new end"

When ATRS designed the Modern series rifles they did not make minor or fundamental changes to an AR15 in order to make it non restricted, they built it from the ground up to be their own design in order to be non restricted. Had they modified an AR15 in order to meet the requirements for a non restricted rifle, it would then have traced its lineage to the AR15 and be deemed a variant. The FRT comments stated it did NOT trace its lineage to the AR15 and was an entirely new design. So from the way I interpret it the MS, MV and MH rifles are not "modified versions" of an AR15. Of course I'm not a lawyer, I am also not a judge, and judges in Canada often do NOT take a textualist/originalist approach, rather they take the activist purposivism/living constitution approach (ie whatever they want the law to say is what the law says).

GO Alberta Tactical!!!

no there is no plan except to fight. I don't give up that easily.
    amen!!!

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve MKII View Post

When ATRS designed the Modern series rifles they did not make minor or fundamental changes to an AR15 in order to make it non restricted, they built it from the ground up to be their own design in order to be non restricted. Had they modified an AR15 in order to meet the requirements for a non restricted rifle, it would then have traced its lineage to the AR15 and be deemed a variant. The FRT comments stated it did NOT trace its lineage to the AR15 and was an entirely new design. So from the way I interpret it the MS, MV and MH rifles are not "modified versions" of an AR15.
    This is my stance, you are correct. Our claim is. based on justifications and the fact that the government broke the law in re-classifying not only our rifles but many others.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

No there is no plan except to fight. I don't give up that easily.
    We got your back.
    CCFR Member