Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617181920212223242636 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Update: May 20th 2020 Re: MS / MH / MV

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboy1014 View Post
    .....quebec strikes again clearly showing they have no interest being a part of Canada
    That's just hearsay. Needless to say, we are all not getting any kind of clarity from this whole fiasco.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboy1014 View Post
    .....quebec strikes again clearly showing they have no interest being a part of Canada
    Huh? So you expect police to say that they wont enforce the law?
    Fudd call

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by biologic View Post
    Fudd call
    I reposted this thread from the francophone section and it is hearsay.
    If it proved to be true, it means that Quebec's CFO will only apply written gun laws not changes made in a database.
    Again, I should have posted this saying explicitly that it's not confirmed information.

Alex

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    I made sure I paid in full. Get er done.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexF View Post
    I reposted this thread from the francophone section and it is hearsay.
    If it proved to be true, it means that Quebec's CFO will only apply written gun laws not changes made in a database.
    Again, I should have posted this saying explicitly that it's not confirmed information.

Alex
    It would make sense as the FRT is opinion, the OIC is law.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by biologic View Post
    Fudd call
    We expect them not to make up laws. The FRT isn't law. Going by it at a time when it is crystal clear that it's disconnected from its purpose is not enforcing laws, it's enforcing mistakes.

BANNED
    I dont own one of your rifles but will donate cash to support the fight.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    We expect them not to make up laws. The FRT isn't law. Going by it at a time when it is crystal clear that it's disconnected from its purpose is not enforcing laws, it's enforcing mistakes.
    exactly... so why is it a surprise? why is the other guy quebec bashing based on that statement

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by derrick1978 View Post
    Apples to oranges, plus numerous protections would be in the customer's favor here. If the billet hasn't been placed in the cnc, shouldn't be an issue. Company should hold the bags in regards to the rest. When you engage in high-risk / high-profit margin business activities as such, be prepared for losses.
    That sentiment is rather self entitled. Did it possibly occur to you that that block of aluminum is paid for BY US before it ships from Alcoa and is NON returnable? Did it occur to you that the several million dollars of CNC machines and the tools they require to turn said blocks into useful parts have a cost to us? These costs that we have to cover do NOT go away just because some idiot in power of the country with a rogue government changes laws or in our case breaks the law.

You have ZERO grasp on reality when it comes to profit in the firearms manufacturing game I can assure you. Profit is FAR higher reselling groceries or cosmetics, and without the massive investment I have in machines. Profit on firearms is UNDER 20%
    Believe me we have waaaaaaaaaaaay more skin in the game than you do with a $500.00 deposit.

Riddle me this. IF you purchased a super car, say it costs you $250000.00 which is pretty much entry level and the government passed a law making them prohibited to drive on public roads. Do you really think the car maker should take the hit?

Something else to think about. This gun grab is only the very tip of the iceberg so to speak. It is the largest confiscation of privately owned, legally purchased property in Canadian history. Do you really think there are not more freedoms that are about to be taken away by this rogue government? In the grand scheme of things your deposit on a legally purchased and to date NOT effected firearm means exactly, squat.

This sort of thinking that anyone but you should be on the hook when things don't turn out the way you want is perverse and near sighted. We went out on a limb years ago to offer the Canadian gun culture an option of a NR semi auto. Not a small or cheap trick I can assure you. We have had this rogue government in power for the last 5 years and from day 1 the Turd has been yapping about gun bans. IF you have in fact have an order in with us, you KNEW going in that this country is run by the Turd and the possibility of a gun ban certainly existed, yet assuming you have placed an order, proceeded anyway. AND agreed to the terms and conditions of the sale, so I am at a loss as to why we are at blame and should cover YOUR gambling debt?

Did it ever occur to you that we are filing a legal action against the government for their illegal acts AT OUR EXPENSE in order to try and protect YOUR property rights and freedoms?

To all, if I seem a tad crusty I apologize but this last month has been filled with emails and phone calls from the self entitled and those in panic. This a very stressful time for us all. IF we don't win our case we at the shop are all unemployed, several of us will lose our homes and face insolvency. Most of us here have substantial gun collections that are now worthless as they were named in the OIC. Working in firearms manufacturing is not just a job, it is a way of life. Most of us here could make considerably more income working in some other occupation. We do what we do because we love doing it.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06corvette View Post
    Material has been ordered and most likely delivered, and it ain't cheap.
    Our monthly cheque to Alcoa is $50000.00
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there