Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819202122232425262838 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Update: May 20th 2020 Re: MS / MH / MV

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! J.R. Cox owner of The Shooting Edge and Target Sports copied our MS, sent it to the SFSS to get an FRT 16 months ago. ONE month ago he approached me to see if I would license him to produce them. I declined simply as if it going to have my company name on it I want to be in control of the quality and material used.
    This is the same J.R. Cox who brought us the prohibition of the Swiss Arms rifles during a dispute with ex business partners.
    That is very interesting. Same guy with the gofundme plan?
    Velox Versutus Vigilans

NRA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    *Delete*, answered by ATRS.

Honest question. There are 3 FRT databases... that i know of:
    The PDF copy that is updated periodically
    The "non-live" version (i think dealers can access) also updated periodically
    And the "Live" version that's showing these updates and the MS as Prohibited...

Which version does LEO have access to? because they all contradict one another right now and say different things for some of these guns...
    Are they actually prohib if all 3 FRT's say different things and how is any LEO or anyone else for that matter supposed to know WTF class they actually are anymore?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! J.R. Cox owner of The Shooting Edge and Target Sports copied our MS, sent his copy of our receiver set to the SFSS to get an FRT 16 months ago. ONE month ago he approached me to see if I would license him to produce them. I declined simply as if it going to have my company name on it I want to be in control of the quality and material used.
    This is the same J.R. Cox who brought us the prohibition of the Swiss Arms rifles during a dispute with ex business partners.
    He made it sound like he was magnanimous about throwing money at you guys.

My friend Mike wouldn't buy a knock-off gucci shirt, nor would he buy a knock off MS
    Check other started threads for combo deals

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Since you have a lot of billet aluminum already paid for, and presumably a lot of high-end AR parts sitting around, would ATRS consider licensing Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine design, or developing a similar chassis on your own? In case you are unaware, its a upper and lower receiver with a manual action bolt carrier, and other then that uses AR parts. Its similar to some offerings in the UK. Or is it too risky to build anything now that even looks like an AR? I know there was a bolt action shotgun that got added to the FRT.
    This would be like a company who builds high performance Shelby Cobra kit cars who then turns around and retools their line to drop inline 6 motors in them with a 2 speed transmission. All because the govt ‘banned’ cars that had motors with high displacement and lack of modern safety equipment.
    A.) why would anyone even think of owning one? (In this case a bolt action MS)
    B.) why would anyone capitulate to such a level
    This is how they win. They make an arbitrary and baseless decision such as to add the MS to the prohib list and we just fall in line. That’s what they want.
    “Oh ok.. guess I’ll buy a bolt/pump action AR then :’(“

No.

They only have power if we give it to them.

That sentiment is rather self entitled. Did it possibly occur to you that that block of aluminum is paid for BY US before it ships from Alcoa and is NON returnable? Did it occur to you that the several million dollars of CNC machines and the tools they require to turn said blocks into useful parts have a cost to us? These costs that we have to cover do NOT go away just because some idiot in power of the country with a rogue government changes laws or in our case breaks the law.

You have ZERO grasp on reality when it comes to profit in the firearms manufacturing game I can assure you. Profit is FAR higher reselling groceries or cosmetics, and without the massive investment I have in machines. Profit on firearms is UNDER 20%
    Believe me we have waaaaaaaaaaaay more skin in the game than you do with a $500.00 deposit.

Riddle me this. IF you purchased a super car, say it costs you $250000.00 which is pretty much entry level and the government passed a law making them prohibited to drive on public roads. Do you really think the car maker should take the hit?

Something else to think about. This gun grab is only the very tip of the iceberg so to speak. It is the largest confiscation of privately owned, legally purchased property in Canadian history. Do you really think there are not more freedoms that are about to be taken away by this rogue government? In the grand scheme of things your deposit on a legally purchased and to date NOT effected firearm means exactly, squat.

This sort of thinking that anyone but you should be on the hook when things don't turn out the way you want is perverse and near sighted. We went out on a limb years ago to offer the Canadian gun culture an option of a NR semi auto. Not a small or cheap trick I can assure you. We have had this rogue government in power for the last 5 years and from day 1 the Turd has been yapping about gun bans. IF you have in fact have an order in with us, you KNEW going in that this country is run by the Turd and the possibility of a gun ban certainly existed, yet assuming you have placed an order, proceeded anyway. AND agreed to the terms and conditions of the sale, so I am at a loss as to why we are at blame and should cover YOUR gambling debt?

Did it ever occur to you that we are filing a legal action against the government for their illegal acts AT OUR EXPENSE in order to try and protect YOUR property rights and freedoms?

To all, if I seem a tad crusty I apologize but this last month has been filled with emails and phone calls from the self entitled and those in panic. This a very stressful time for us all. IF we don't win our case we at the shop are all unemployed, several of us will lose our homes and face insolvency. Most of us here have substantial gun collections that are now worthless as they were named in the OIC. Working in firearms manufacturing is not just a job, it is a way of life. Most of us here could make considerably more income working in some other occupation. We do what we do because we love doing it.
    This explanation confirms what any sensible person already knew.

Running a business and staying on the right side of government regulation at the best of times is difficult and expensive, infinitely more so if that business is firearm related and the government is the leftist freedom hating dictatorship of Justin Trudeau and his band of idiots.

I've seen your work. It's second to none. It would be a true travesty to lose your successful business due to government bureaucracy. Ironically the same bureaucracy that you paid thousands of dollars to in various taxes.

I'm happy to contribute to any legal effort. Even if it is unsuccessful it will make it as difficult and expensive as possible for this bunch of Communists.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    This explanation confirms what any sensible person already knew.

Running a business and staying on the right side of government regulation at the best of times is difficult and expensive, infinitely more so if that business is firearm related and the government is the leftist freedom hating dictatorship of Justin Trudeau and his band of idiots.

I've seen your work. It's second to none. It would be a true travesty to lose your successful business due to government bureaucracy. Ironically the same bureaucracy that you paid thousands of dollars to in various taxes.

I'm happy to contribute to any legal effort. Even if it is unsuccessful it will make it as difficult and expensive as possible for this bunch of Communists.
    I think I feel so invested in this issue (aside from owning their products) is because this is what the future holds for many of us. Doesn’t matter what industry, it can and likely will happen if things don’t change, to many of us here.
    The aviation industry has many parallels to the firearm business. Especially my small niche.
    I can feel the stress and turmoil the boys at ATRS are feeling just through their posts. These guys have everything on the line. Now they have the very real threat of losing it all due to an arbitrary decision made by the regime in power.

In cases Like this it’s not so much the money that is at issue. It’s the time and effort. The soul poured into their product and dreams. They can’t get this back. No amount of money could replace it.

It is in the most literal sense, priceless.
    To devote your life to something only to have it swept out from under your feet because some pencil pushing, spaghetti wrist politician says so is soul crushing.
    I’ve been there.
    Even though I’m not a part of ATRS, I will fight as if I am. Because one day, they will come for me.
    This kind of dictatorial action must be stopped in its tracks before the powers at be really figure out they can get away with it.
    These are people who get addicted to such a thing.
    It’s what they live for.

We may live to be free to grow, to build and to prosper in our communities.
    These people live to subjugate, to tear down and to control any aspect of life they can to meet their own malevolent ends.

ATRS is just one company under the gun currently. If they fail. We all fail. It’s only a matter of time.
    Last edited by GarandStanding; 05-22-2020 at 06:01 PM.

a thing of beauty great photo

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    The first and ONLY notification we have received from the RCMP regarding the prohibition that happened on May 1st.

I'll point out, our MH, MV, and MS are not mentioned. (By make and model, and their variants) We were deemed not a variant in the inspection report.

More fuel.

Edit
    Last edited by GarandStanding; 03-18-2021 at 01:02 AM.